PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while.. need some refreshing please..

BOOSTIFIED
09-27-2011, 02:47 AM
Hey all, so here is the thing, I located a 89 common block for my 85 shelby charger, which has already been T2 converted top end, but has the stock 85 bottom end blown,

So my questions.. what Do I look for to make sure this is a common block?

I need the flywheel because it's 8 bolt correct?

Also.. do i need any specific sprockets or pulleys for this block due to the swap?

Any certain casting that let;s me know this is indeed a common block and 2.2?

thanks in advance!

5sp. mini
09-27-2011, 08:01 AM
common block won,t a place for fuel pump on front of motor, pully will be differant too

overboostmotorsports
10-03-2011, 09:16 PM
casting date on the rear of the block , round tooth timing belt, waterpump belt routing is on back side around the waterpump (unless someone put the wrong stuff it will route differently than your 85),oil pan style (this can indicate 2.2 or 2.5 too unless someone changed the pan),if someone changed the pan then you would have to look inside to verify 2.2 or 2.5. there have been cb with the fuel pump boss cast in them.

Norm

minigts
10-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Doesn't the CB have a different pan than the non-common block? Never owned one so I'm not 100% sure.

turbovanmanČ
10-07-2011, 02:49 AM
Oil pan is different, might have balance shafts, round tooth timing belt-99% of the time, timing belt pulley covers crank snout, small front crank seal.