PDA

View Full Version : No boost. Need help diagnosing and fix.

steviej455
07-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Hey group. I'm currently bringing my first turbo car back to life. It’s an 85 Dodge Omni GLH with 88 Shelby Z engine and all electronics. I drove the car around a little yesterday for the first time since installing the complete wire harness. I have two boost gages from Daytona's and they are reading 0 psi when I'm on the gas no matter how hard I have it to the floor. Plenty of vacuum at idle. It definitely does not feel like I'm getting the boost when I'm on the gas, I do hear the turbo spool up nicely. The car has been sitting for a while so I am wondering if the waste gate is froze open. Does this happen??? How can I test??? Oh and what would be the best location to hook the boost gage too if there is a such spot?

Also I'm debating weather I have the waste gate solenoid hooked up correctly. Does anyone know what color wire goes to the waste gate solenoid???? Is it Light green/black??? I found a decent vacuum diagram from AutoZone’s web-site so later today I'm going to double check my routing.

One more thing.... Is there an EGR valve? where is it? And does it run off vacuum? Also is there a knock sensor? I don't remember hooking any of these up when I installed the harness, nor do I remember any plug-ins. Thanks in advance.

puppet
07-21-2006, 08:03 AM
First thing I'd check for is to see that the actuator arm is still attached to the swing valve.

steviej455
07-21-2006, 09:28 AM
I will definitly check that when I get to the car this afternoon.

I should also mention that the first time I got on it, which was the 2-3 shift, it felt like it boosted. Then the 3-4 shift as I put the clutch in and let off I heard a lot of blow off. After that there wasn't any boost. car still runs great, no boost. Thanks for the tip!!!

steviej455
07-21-2006, 04:13 PM
I'm going to post this thread in the help section thanks.

-Steve