PDA

View Full Version : my hybrid dilemma...

OmniLuvr
09-19-2011, 07:44 PM
alright, so i dropped my engine off at the machine shop for some work to get done. its a 93 tbi block and cast crank, with t3 pistons and rods being used in it. i had it honed, mains line bored, crank polished, arp bolts installed, magnafluxed, and pistons cleaned.

the plan was for me to take all the pieces home, assemble, and run it with a g-head :) well i got way to busy at work and didnt have enough time to do it myself, so i asked if the machine shop could do it for me. my problem is that i told them to take their time, and they are, its been 3 weeks and they havent touched it (as of friday).

well, since then, ive got a little more cash then before, and im toying around with some new ideas. i figured since it will have dual cam pistons, i might as well make it a hybrid down the road. so here is my dilemma, do i prep the block for a neon head (plug the oil drain back ports, bla bla) and then run my g-head like a hybrid for now (drill ports in head in the front and connect them to the front of the block/oil pan), or do i just run the g-head as planned, and hope that i score a lotus head down the road for the "hybrid". i figure either way, id be dropping a bunch of money on a head to go "fast", so it might as well be a dual cam.

what do you guys think?