PDA

View Full Version : Rip- another csx-vnt :(

88CSX-T
09-19-2011, 03:00 PM
I just found this CSX-VNT in a local junkyard in Colorado yesterday. I'm took a picture of the vin but need to take another picture because of the glare. I'm going to see if it's in the registries, and if not, I'm going to register it as r.i.p..
It was dropped off two days ago and is/was complete except for the front seats, radiator/ intercooler and Shelby valve cover. While at the junkyard, the following were taken: fiberides, hubs, rear trunk emblem, dash/number, steering wheel, door panels, sill plates. A friend of mine is salvaging the rest of the Shelby parts, I will post them on here tomorrow.
I'm pretty sure that the parts he is selling are: rear trunk spoiler, front grille, front bumper, rear bumper, side ground effects, turbo boost gauge, turbo boost gauge surround plastic. If anyone else wants anything else, let me know.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you read my past ads, you'll see that I'm all about saving a shelby instead of snatching one up to make $$ on it by parting it out, but in this instance the car WILL BE CRUSHED. In the state of Colorado, once a junk car gets the paperwork processed to go to a junkyard, noone can buy the whole car. If they could, it would be sitting in my driveway right now.

It hurts to see a nice and complete VNT in the junkyard, but maybe the parts will help someone else with their vnt restoration.

one more note: I have a photo but can't figure out how to show it, if someone can help facilitate that, let me know.

Also, the front bumper condition is nice, and the back one was nice too until the junkyard workers damaged it with their tractor. All the parts of it are there, I'm pretty sure it can be fixed...

turbovanmanČ
09-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Use photobucket or similiar and link it.

Vigo
09-19-2011, 04:53 PM
I took parts off an even rarer VNT car from the yard.. in the end, you just grab the special stuff and let the mundane stuff get crushed/melted. Can't save em all.

Does make you wonder how little effort people put into finding out what their car is worth, though. There are a lot of ----tarded idiots who will say "buy my car or i'm scrapping it" but wont take the same money the scrappers give to buy the car in one piece:confused:, but i guess the people who take 2-300$ for a car they could have sold in 30 minutes for that price to an actual person, are just as bad.

88CSX-T
09-19-2011, 05:07 PM
I agree, the going price for a typical junk car here in Colorado is around $300-500. I don't know what the owner of that vnt was thinking to sell a complete shelby to the junkyard for $300...

Fox
09-19-2011, 05:18 PM
if the Shelby under hood engine # tag is there you should grab that too, plus you can get the car number from that very easily
i can post pics on here if you email me them shadowkitsune.l29e@gishpuppy.com

88CSX-T
09-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Fox you've got mail..

By the way, where is the under hood engine tag? (I'm a csx-t guy, not a csx-vnt guy)..

Fox
09-19-2011, 09:53 PM
the tag should be on the rad support to the left
that car looked good and complete, its too bad :(
http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t360/m1_raceing/vnt1.jpg

Directconnection
09-19-2011, 10:04 PM
I'd like the grill...

Look at the condition of the chin spoiler!

Someone should have googled this car before junking it... I would have loved to have this one.

BadAssPerformance
09-19-2011, 10:20 PM
the tag should be on the rad support to the left
that car looked good and complete, its too bad :(
http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t360/m1_raceing/vnt1.jpg

Is this still available? I need that airdam! Looks like more parts are on it too!

Hell if the whole car is straight, i even have a whle shadow I'd trade them, LOL!

Let us know when you get the VIN if the dash plaque is gone... damn, I need one of those too!

bfarroo
09-19-2011, 11:29 PM
If the rear seat is in good condition it would probably be worth grabbing for the shelby material.

daytonaracer90x
09-20-2011, 12:01 AM
could you grab the turbo?

cordes
09-20-2011, 12:35 AM
I can't believe you didn't snag the grill and front air dam when you took that pic. Wowza!

88CSX-T
09-20-2011, 11:17 AM
We got the rear seat, it's a real shelby shelby shelby material seat,

I'm pretty sure the turbo was taken already but will look again,

I didn't take any parts because I'm a csx-t guy, sorry... My buddy has the parts and I'll post them for sale asap...

88CSX-T
09-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Fyi buyers: I still didn't get the stuff to put for sale yet (maybe today or tomorrow), but I'm going to go down the list of buyers (on this and the other site) according to who asked first. If the first person doesn't want it for some reason, then I'll go to the second.

OR

If anyone's interested, I could sell them to the highest bidder. Any opinions?

minigts
09-20-2011, 02:10 PM
lol The first thing I saw on that car was the chin spoiler. You should take off work to go get every unique part on that car, today.

Daviticus
09-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Looks like I need to start coming up to Denver junkyards for the goods. Such a shame that car is there, the paint looks better than my 88k-mile Shelby Lancer.

88CSX-T
09-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Well you probably can't see because of the crappy quality of my phone photo, but the top surfaces (hood, roof, trunk lid) do have hail damage. We get hail here that will literally knock you out!

By the way, no highest bidders, I'm going to offer the parts to whomever asked first, then go down the list...

Badger
09-20-2011, 09:20 PM
put me in line for the chin spoiler, side skirts, rear bumper spoiler please

turbojerk
09-20-2011, 11:33 PM
WooHoo! Keep junk'in them fella's! Soon I'll have the last one!

I know that no one here junked this car (I think?) but damn...

88CSX-T
09-21-2011, 10:43 AM
I agree with turbojerk, with all the csx-t's that are getting junked and parted, mine will be one of one soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Anderson
09-21-2011, 01:46 PM
I would be interested in the engine bay computer,engine wiring harness,enging vaccume harness,and all relays/solenoids please.

Also the rear seat,door panels,dash emblem,horn button,and rear wing too.

88CSX-T
09-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I looked at the parts in my friends garage last night, here is what he has so far:
1) grille (beautiful condition)
2)front bumper (beautiful condition, i think some mounting tabs may be busted off though)
3)rear bumper (was damaged by the junkyard tractor, two pieces were busted off bottom lip, we got one of the pieces and I guess the rest can be patched; it was beautiful before the tractor fu**ed it up)
4) rear spoiler (clearcoat is cracked and no mounting bolts, but overall very nice)
5) passenger side skirt (was damaged by tractor but all pieces are there and can definately be fixed)
6) driver side skirt (was smashed beyond repair by junkyard tractor)
7) complete rear seat (beautiful, needs dog hair removed)

He's going back today for the data tags, and springs...

Sorry everyone for dragging this process out (I'm super busy at work, and only have a computer at work right now) but am going to pm the first people that responded to for parts....

PentastarBooster
09-22-2011, 08:53 AM
If you have time, could you please post the VIN number and/or the Shelby Engine Serial Number (from the Shelby Engine Serial Number plate on the radiator support)? The Shelby car # can be determined by subtracting the last four digits of the Shelby Engine Serial # from 1989 (at least for the 1989 CSX cars). It would be good to have the car documented in the Shelby Registry, and on the www.shelby-dodge.com (http://www.shelby-dodge.com) web site. Thanks

turbojerk
09-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Silly question, but can an outa-stater buy the car from the yard? The automotive preservationist in me wants to know...

dodgeshadowchik
09-22-2011, 10:23 AM
That's really sad. I mean it's one thing to junk a car like that if its been smashed up good or rotted out horribly.. but that one looks to be in such nice shape.

:(

tryingbe
09-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Well you probably can't see because of the crappy quality of my phone photo, but the top surfaces (hood, roof, trunk lid) do have hail damage. We get hail here that will literally knock you out!

Hail damage != decent shape.

88CSX-T
09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
I have pictures on photobucket but can't figure out how to attach them...

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb51/sldnmom/1989%20Dodge%20Shadow%20Shelby%20CSX/

MILKCARTON
09-22-2011, 09:04 PM
I found #350 sitting here in colorado and they wouldnt sell it, it was a ways from denver, but i bet that is it :-(

Fox
09-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Hail damage != decent shape.
nothing a few common shadow body panels cant fix

rich tideswell
09-23-2011, 12:06 PM
nothing a few common shadow body panels cant fix

or a good paintless dent removal guy

30 PSI SHADOW
09-23-2011, 12:36 PM
i need the steering wheel. and the door panels too...

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

what struts are in there?

Directconnection
09-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Silly question, but can an outa-stater buy the car from the yard? The automotive preservationist in me wants to know...

That's what I was thinking.... It's too old here in my state to need a title once it hits 15 years old.

turbojerk
09-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Please! Everyone! I encourage you all to scrap your 89 CSX's now while scrap value is up!!!! Think of your future!! I wanna get the numbers down to 50 remaining or less! Preferably MUCH LESS, like one one!

88CSX-T
09-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Steering wheel and door panels were gone (juknyard guys took steering wheel, I got door panels). The struts were removed by my friend, I'll see if he has them ready to sell yet...

Fox
09-23-2011, 11:15 PM
any word on the vin or engine serial plaque yet i'm curious what number it was

88CSX-T
09-29-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm checking to get the vin now.

boostedshadow3l
09-29-2011, 04:06 PM
so sad to see:(

PentastarBooster
10-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Did you ever get a chance to get the VIN or the Shelby Engine Serial Number? If so, could you please post it. Thanks!

I'm checking to get the vin now.

85shelbycharger
10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Don't count on this guy for anything. He's probably still screwing people over who inquired about parts. I had a deal worked out for some parts with the guy who actually bought and owns the parts. Spoke with him on the phone, he named a price for one piece, I paid him for that. He then asked if I'd be interested in anything else and I named one of the parts. He asked me to make an offer. I made an offer that he accepted. Sent the money for both parts (excluding shipping) only to wake up the next day with a PM from this guy who started this thread saying he told the guy not to sell me the parts, that I "jumped line" and "chewed him down". Well what do you know, the guy ended up sending my money back.

BUT, MODS BEWARE, HE IS APPARENTLY FIELDING OFFERS/RUNNING AN AUCTION FOR THESE PARTS VIA PM WHICH IS STRICTLY AGAINST FORUM RULES. Just an FYI so you guys can keep an eye on it.

Sorry buddy, but you brought this on yourself for getting in the middle of a deal that you played nothing more than the role of giving me a phone number to contact the person who actually owns the parts and verbally MADE A DEAL WITH ME.

zin
10-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Are people desperate or just too greedy to start introducing drama like this... I can understand wanting a finders fee or something, but that's something to be worked out between this "salesman" and the owner of the actual property! He should have taken it up with the guy, not bring BS to the board, not to mention damaging his rep... I predict no good will come from this.:(

Mike

88CSX-T
10-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Funny, That buyer (who shall remain nameless but is named above) tried to lowball the seller (who knows nothing about Shelby Dodges) by offering $40 for the grill, and also for trying to knock down the price of the bumper saying it was busted.

who's the idiot here, the middle man who's working for free trying to save his friend from getting ripped off, or the nervy lowballer who originally agreed on a price, then tries to knock it down when he talks to the unknowing seller???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

turbojerk
10-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I sold him 4 low mileage fiberrides for 2 fingernail clippings!

zin
10-07-2011, 08:54 PM
I'll say that IMHO, if both parties agree on a price the deal is a good one.

If the seller has accepted the offer, both parties are satisfied with the agreed upon price. If the seller finds out latter that it was worth far more (or less) neither is obligated to take action and the transaction is still complete. There is no rule that says you have to pay fair market value, which is the same as saying no one is allowed to score a bargain! Which is ridiculous when you see threads started to crow about what your greatest deal of the year has been!

I can respect your efforts to see to it that your friend/associate, whatever, gets as much as he can, but if a deal was struck, I would expect it to be honored.

I'm going to assume this person is worldly enough to not sell something for less than they know they can get for it for it (as in a solid offer for more from someone else), in which case all we are talking about is how much is enough (or too much) profit. Even a loss could be acceptable if time is a factor, as they say, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush", especially if that $$ will prevent a fee/penalty that may cost more than the extra money that might have been made by selling to a different person at some other time after the fee/penalty has been assessed.

All this really should go without saying.

DC Turismo
10-08-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm gonna step I'm here now bud and put a stop to your antics. How dare you come on here calling my brother an idiot. For starters, after you stepped in and ruined this deal, I looked on td.com only to find that people had spoken up about the airdam long before I did via PM yet you told me it was mine? That's one strike against you because you clearly didn't stick to your word that you were going in order. In addition, we specifically asked you if the airdam was broken in anyway and you never answered that question. Upon speaking with Garth he told my brother thatnearly all if not whey one of the tabs was broken off. My brOther asked if he was firm on the price you relayed to us since we did no know the condition of the tabs. He said he'd knock 25 bucks off if they were all broken. Pat sent the original amount anyways tho since Garth didn't know offhand. Then Garth asked if we wanted anything else. Pat said not really but what else you have? Garth mentions the grille and Pat said he really did not have a use for it (especially with a looming shipping cost ahead of us) so yes Pat said 40 bucks max. Garth agreed to that and that money was sent same time as the airdam money. Garth txted us saying thanks for the pAyment and he would let us kno a shopping cost for both. Next day we find out from you via PM that we knowingly chewed him down and cut in front of people in line for this grille? If there was a linewhy did Garth mention it to us let alone accept the offer? Not only that, but as I said about
Finding out after the fact that you skipped over countless people to sell me the airdam, what do you exactly consider a line anyways. you make no sense, and put this poor gentleman in a hard place making him believe false info and forcing him to refund our money, either all because you didn't get enough of a cut or because someone offered you more. The deal was done, although I'm glad it fell thru as I'd have felt terrible finding out others rightfully spoke up bout it sooner. Not to mention pat talked to Garth for quite some time finding out he's into Jeeps and knew about some molar stuff. If he had no clue about be stuff then why else did he get it? Oh Thats right, he realized he could help and wanted to help other enthusiasts out and be a good Samaritan, not a prick like you. Karma comes around man. Youshowed your true intent on these boards and you gotta live with that rep now. Congrats. We got Pms if they need forwarded to any mods.
And again, I hope whoever rightfully wrote him at first even though he doesn't have the parts, does get these parts in the order they should've. Although I wouldn't trust him for anything.

Funny, That buyer (who shall remain nameless but is named above) tried to lowball the seller (who knows nothing about Shelby Dodges) by offering $40 for the grill, and also for trying to knock down the price of the bumper saying it was busted.

who's the idiot here, the middle man who's working for free trying to save his friend from getting ripped off, or the nervy lowballer who originally agreed on a price, then tries to knock it down when he talks to the unknowing seller???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Sorry txted this on an iPhone so apologies for typos.

88CSX-T
10-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Ok, let me make this more clear for you: NOONE IS GOING TO RIP MY FRIEND OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that clear enough???????????????????????

Badger
10-10-2011, 03:04 PM
I think the two of you need to relax a little. Theres enough VNT parts floating around for everyone. Stop hoarding!!!!!This is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby.................not a race to see who can hard the most parts!

88CSX-T
10-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Well I'm not hoarding anything, I'm not even a CXS-VNT guy, I'm a CSX-T guy. I don't own and never did own any VNT parts. My CSX-T is complete minus hubcaps, so I don't have any use for VNT parts unless I found a set of T hubcaps in the trunk of a VNT in a junkyard.............

DC Turismo
10-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Exactly they werent yours to begin with lol... Yet you managed to uproot a done deal. Whatever bud. You were in the wrong here but won't admit it. Too bad Garth is connected to you because he at least was a legit nice guy. Karma.

Badger
10-10-2011, 06:59 PM
T...wasnt really refering to you. The ones I was talking about I think know who they are.

88CSX-T
10-12-2011, 01:44 PM
DC Turismo, stop lying to yourself that you tried to scam somebody and got called out with egg on your face. Garth even said that a red flag went up with him when you didn't even want to discuss shipping with him but wanted to get the purchase payment out in the mail as soon as possible (probably before Garth got the time to talk to me and I told him he was getting ripped off).....

You have alot of guts to try to scam somebody, then blame someone else in a public forum when you get caught.

turbojerk
10-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Not to sound like a dick, but why didn't you handle the deal if you are the expert and your friend isn't?.... Just FYI we ALL try and get the best deal possible, myself included...

ShadowFromHell
10-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Its funny when people see a CSX-VNT in a JY, everyone wants to save it. When someone tries to sell one at a more then fair price with the tag "buy it before it gets parted" not a single PM. Well, I got PM's but it was all from people wanting to get in line for when the car gets parted. Quit pretending like you want to save this car. No one does. You all just want the parts from it.

85shelbycharger
10-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Calling us scammers, real classy. I asked him to knock off $25. Reason being, because you guys didn't take your time removing the airdam and broke each and every single mounting tab. So $25 makes me a scammer? I've bought and sold more cars and parts than you can shake a stick at and have been doing it for over 13 years. Give me a break.

In ALL my experience, immediate payment yields an actual effort on the sellers part to get the part boxed up and quoted asap as to avoid dragging your feet on the deal and leaving the buyer hanging. I encourage this both as a seller and buyer. So get over yourself.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, yes, I was offered the airdam for $150. I accepted that offer, but after discussion with Garth about the condition of the airdam, I countered with $125 IF AND ONLY IF ALL THE TABS WERE MISSING. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?? Must be the high altitude over there in Colorado getting to your head.

As for the grille, let me tell you yet again - Garth is the one who asked ME if I'd be interested in any of the other parts and rattled off a list of what he had. I said the only other thing I'd possibly be interested in is the grille (because it would fit in the shipping box with the airdam, thus not costing any additional shipping) and he asked me to make an offer which I did. Yes, $40. Your point? I bought one at Carlisle two years ago for $30. Between my brother and I, we have FOUR. Count it with me, One - Two - Three - Four! (Yay good job!) '89 CSX's. Having one that we bought with a busted grille and not having an extra, yes I was hoping to get another one since IT WAS OFFERED TO ME.

If you were an actual friend trying to help him make as much money as possible, you would have known that you could easily get more than what you quoted me by putting the part on Ebay. So not only is he a Shelby Dodge novice, but so are you! Don't even try and say that you wanted to help somebody in the community rather than put it up as an auction, because your actions along with your words totally counter that. You gave me a price and somebody probably threw a better offer at you, plain and simple. Again, I would like the mods to take note that you are probably running an auction for this stuff via PM and/or email. And check back on your words, not mine, about you offering pieces to those who inquired first. I guarantee you that I wasn't close to the first as per the times offered via postings on TD.com as well as on here. So where's your credibility?

Say what you will, but frankly I'm done with you. Keep flexing your internet muscles, calling me and my brother scammers. Karma is a real b*tch, pal.

Cinder_gal
10-21-2011, 02:02 PM
88CSX-T: To be back to a question asked a few postings back, were you able to get the VIN number (or plaque #)? I'd like to get the info updated on www.shelby-dodge.com. Thanks.

88CSX-T
10-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Cinder gal: I'll find that out and get back to you....

BTW: To whom it may concern (that tried to scam my friend for $125 for the bumper and $20 for the grille), the bumper just sold on ebay for $400.................and the grille just sold for $150....... :censored:

Fox
05-13-2012, 05:43 PM
any word on this car # or vin for the list ?

88CSX-T
05-14-2012, 11:42 AM
I have the vin, somewhere, will have to dig it up and get back to you...