PDA

View Full Version : A sleeper??

Dave
07-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Out puting some miles on the Spirit so I can turn the freaking boost up. I get next to a Subaru B32 (I thought was a turbo, had gauges and a muffler). My BOV line was unplugged at the time so my boost was limited to 11psi. Get next to him and give him some compressor surge. :thumb: No play. Ah, ok. He pulls next to me at a light and has to say "Man, that looks like too much of a sleeper to f*ck with!" :amen:

Once more, on the same way home, a N/A Supra with a phat body kit with his girl next to him decide they want to try to take me. I get next to him doing 40mph in 2nd gear, I hear him downshift and I nail it. Byyyyyyyeee! Put a car length on him by 60mph.

Man, I can't wait to turn the boost up to 20psi!

uwilluz
07-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Awesome! Have fun, be safe, the usual junk :p

BARRON
07-20-2006, 10:39 PM
HA! great stuff man!! GREAT!

86Shelby
07-21-2006, 02:25 AM
Didn't your dad say to keep it on the track? ;)

Nice to hear that your car looks to be too much of a sleeper.

shadow88
07-21-2006, 02:24 PM
I can't wait to hear your dad chime in......

Darkapollo
07-21-2006, 08:27 PM
uh... plug the BOV IN!! compressor surge is NOT a good thing :-p

Ha, got to love the looks people give you when your old dodge supprises them.
I have lost count the number of GSx/t's that give me the 'what the hell was that??!! look'

GLHS$%^
07-22-2006, 03:38 AM
Yeah, the sleeper effect can almost be bad sometimes, when someone who knows enough not to f*ck with an eighties econbox that just boned out in third gear making loud turbo noises, shifted with loud BOV in his face and then slowed down for him to catch up.... when they see a suspicious car that may embarrass it they start to chicken out. Even if it may be a good race!!! :p

rhubbard
07-23-2006, 10:52 AM
I made that mistake when I had my Probe. I saw some guy flooring it and letting off in a Dodge Spirit and I gave him the the thumbs down cause it looked like he was trying to show off a stupid slow car. Then I caught a light next to him and he blows me away when he has 2 other people in his car. I got him off the line but as he flew by me his passenger was yelling out the window, "IT'S TURBO." Then I got next to him again and felt like an idiot cause they wouldn't tell me anything about the car and it just smoked me.

That night I went home and found out it was a TIII Spirit. I got owned.

Dave
07-23-2006, 09:50 PM
I made that mistake when I had my Probe. I saw some guy flooring it and letting off in a Dodge Spirit and I gave him the the thumbs down cause it looked like he was trying to show off a stupid slow car. Then I caught a light next to him and he blows me away when he has 2 other people in his car. I got him off the line but as he flew by me his passenger was yelling out the window, "IT'S TURBO." Then I got next to him again and felt like an idiot cause they wouldn't tell me anything about the car and it just smoked me.

LMFAO. :lol:

That just made my night.

So what brings you here then?

rhubbard
07-23-2006, 10:39 PM
now I have a lancer shelby and I'm hoping I can do what was done to me, Knock someone on their --- with a car they have never seen before.

Dave
07-24-2006, 12:23 AM
now I have a lancer shelby and I'm hoping I can do what was done to me, Knock someone on their --- with a car they have never seen before.

Aye, aye, Captain! Good luck to you. What's your setup like??

Remember you cant' go fast without TM stickers. Buy stickers...:grouphug:

ShadowFromHell
07-26-2006, 01:19 AM
Last year when ym ES was running good (car trapped 100mph) I was out at the street races in my car that i thought was a sleeper. I watched for a while adn challenged a guy in a acura that was beeting everyone... I told him i was driving "that POS shadow" and he looks at me and says "F@$% You! Ive seen you run at the track I aint racing that thing!". His buddy didnt belive him. I owned that lexus :)

anyways, sleeperdom only lasts for so long!

Mario
07-26-2006, 01:37 AM
Last year when ym ES was running good (car trapped 100mph) I was out at the street races in my car that i thought was a sleeper. I watched for a while adn challenged a guy in a acura that was beeting everyone... I told him i was driving "that POS shadow" and he looks at me and says "F@$% You! Ive seen you run at the track I aint racing that thing!". His buddy didnt belive him. I owned that lexus :)

anyways, sleeperdom only lasts for so long!

As much as a piece of ---- as my Charger looks, I still have some people that refuse to race it even if they don't know what it's packing. I pulled up next to a guy in a marauder while laying into the throttle a bit. I tried getting him to give it a go just to play with him, but he didn't take the bait. He yelled out the window, "I'm not racing you! I heard that thing!" :lol:

A lot of times I'll try pulling up next to cars in a high gear and out of boost so they can't hear anything, but that plan can backfire as well because some will just laugh and think nothing of the car...so they don't race! :(

rhubbard
07-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Aye, aye, Captain! Good luck to you. What's your setup like??

Remember you cant' go fast without TM stickers. Buy stickers...:grouphug:

T2 setup, new stock turbo, 3" exhaust, once I get used to driving it, 14 PSI, strut tower bar, cone filter off of turbo. Nothing real special, but hopefully enough to get me around for awhile.

Birddog
07-29-2006, 02:10 AM

NICE...

Spirits make great sleepers! Not too many know they had a turbo version much less the R/T!

Nobody will mess with me in the Omni but sure as sh!^ as soon as I get in the wife's cadavalier or my Eagle the idiots come out!!:mad:

Whorse
07-29-2006, 02:38 AM
I find that around here that the only two things that make my car not a sleeper are the colour and the turbo decal on the side. Beyond that it's just how it sounds. I find it easy to get out the steam cooker for some rice now and then as they always like to show their crap off and when I rip by with some BOV during normal driving they get offended. Good stuff I must say.

Tony Hanna
07-29-2006, 03:25 AM
I find that around here that the only two things that make my car not a sleeper are the colour and the turbo decal on the side.

That reminds me, I really need to pull the turbo badges off of the fenders on the Sundance. I wonder what kind of shape the paint is in under them.:lol: :evil:

BoostMonkey
07-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah sleepers rule. I was next to a guy in a early 90 Vette the other day. I just barely blip my throttle and he looks over, (i'm watching him out of the corner of my eye), looks down at my "Intercooled Multivalve" on the side and he gets this look on his face and I see him say "DAMN!". I thought it was kinda cool.

Michael

Dave
08-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah sleepers rule. I was next to a guy in a early 90 Vette the other day. I just barely blip my throttle and he looks over, (i'm watching him out of the corner of my eye), looks down at my "Intercooled Multivalve" on the side and he gets this look on his face and I see him say "DAMN!". I thought it was kinda cool.

Michael

Spirit love man... keep it real. :o

Ondonti
08-01-2006, 04:19 AM
Well sometimes I hate the sleeper.

My cars dont get any fun. I went on a 5 minute ride in a WRX with exhaust + vented Bov and we had an s4 trying to race us the moment we left the movie theater.

JDAWG
08-01-2006, 09:33 AM
My problem is sometimes I dont know if they are racing. Like I'll be on the interstate doin like 60 and some plastic-mobile will roll up beside me and ill match him for a second then when they start to speed up and I hear the engine rev up I'll nail it and blow their doors off.

MtOliverAuto
08-02-2006, 04:47 PM
My Best Spirit Sleeper story is......

I was coming back from C@Carlisle on the pa turnpike in my old Spirit R/T. I roll into the toll booth and next to me rolls in a 90's Trans AM, loud pipes! So I give him a rev and we're off. First, Second, Third, and half of fourth. I have a car length on him but, I let up and he keeps going.... Now he's gone and an unmarked State trooper is rolling up behind me! He get in the fast lane and just as he get up to my door he slows to my speed. I can't take it, so I look over at him and he's reading my door. "DOHC INTERCOOLED" I can see him mouth the words. Then he looks at me and nods!! Then the big crown vic roared to life and he was gone. I never did see him or the TA pulled over?? The cop must have though he was seeing things.

John

JDAWG
08-02-2006, 04:57 PM
My Best Spirit Sleeper story is......

I was coming back from C@Carlisle on the pa turnpike in my old Spirit R/T. I roll into the toll booth and next to me rolls in a 90's Trans AM, loud pipes! So I give him a rev and we're off. First, Second, Third, and half of fourth. I have a car length on him but, I let up and he keeps going.... Now he's gone and an unmarked State trooper is rolling up behind me! He get in the fast lane and just as he get up to my door he slows to my speed. I can't take it, so I look over at him and he's reading my door. "DOHC INTERCOOLED" I can see him mouth the words. Then he looks at me and nods!! Then the big crown vic roared to life and he was gone. I never did see him or the TA pulled over?? The cop must have though he was seeing things.

John
He nodded at ya. That means race! Should have nailed it.

1qk4dr
08-24-2006, 03:57 PM
The best races I ever had was in my 1991 Dodge Spirit rt

Here's some of the cars on my kill List

1995 LT1 Vette very close
1994 Mazda RX-7 very close also
1990 300ZX NA- My brother was driving
2003 ION
1985 Vette
Monte Carlo SS 1986
2003 V6 Tiberon
2001 Mustang GT
2000 Mustang V6
1964??? 427 Vette Cowl hood and side pipes
I have witnesses to most of these,lol.
I can go on,lol.

Loss
1999 LS1 Camaro & Loud Pipes
1997 SLP Camaro- I surprized the heck out of this guy. He got mad and cut me off and lit his tires up in front of me at an a intersection. My buddy and I were laughing so hard. The guy would of beat me anyway but I put up a good fight to 70mph.

Joe