PDA

View Full Version : It might be an odd question, but...

edglock21
07-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Does anyone know if the glove box door on the Omni can be seperated into two pieces (the face and the rear)?

I ask because on my GLHS, the stupid little hinge-peg thingy on the bottom broke on the right side. I got a new door, but it's dark blue.

I was looking at the "new" door and it looks like it may be two pieces, but didn't want to tug on it and break that one too. I will look at pulling apart the original gray one, but don't have the car at home at this moment.

My idea is to take the back of the blue door (with the good hinge-pegs) and attach the gray front to it - IF they're two seperate pieces.

I'll be trying it this weekend, but thought I'd ask here if anyone knew for sure that this was the case.

Thanks,
ED

85shelbycharger
07-20-2006, 11:42 AM
As far as I know the glove box doors are all one piece and you'll need to swap your blue one in place of the old one.

WVRampage
07-20-2006, 11:54 AM
My door broke a long time ago and I cleaned it up real good and used some epoxy and some fiberglass over the crack to stregthen it and its held for years.

edglock21
07-20-2006, 12:38 PM
As far as I know the glove box doors are all one piece and you'll need to swap your blue one in place of the old one.I was kinda hoping that wasn't the answer :yuck:

If I find that is the case - are they paintable/dyeable? Anyone ever paint one and know the correct color?

Thanks

edglock21
07-20-2006, 12:40 PM
My door broke a long time ago and I cleaned it up real good and used some epoxy and some fiberglass over the crack to stregthen it and its held for years.That is my other option. I'd hate to have a dark blue glove box door in a gray interior...

I didn't think to 'glass over the crack though - good suggestion :thumb:

Thanks

shadow88
07-20-2006, 06:12 PM
I believe the trim paint is still available in a spray can.

On your i.d. tag- look at the 2nd to bottom row. there's a 3-4 digit sequence ie. rj9s THEN your interior code. Also on the 2nd to bottom row is your exterior colour. it's the 2nd last sequence, i.e. px8 (black) then some other code. The 4 digit code is interior, the 3 digit=exterior. Clean with alcohol, light 800 grit sand, re-clean and spray it the colour of your interior.:thumb:

edglock21
07-20-2006, 10:30 PM
I believe the trim paint is still available in a spray can.

On your i.d. tag- look at the 2nd to bottom row. there's a 3-4 digit sequence ie. rj9s THEN your interior code. Also on the 2nd to bottom row is your exterior colour. it's the 2nd last sequence, i.e. px8 (black) then some other code. The 4 digit code is interior, the 3 digit=exterior. Clean with alcohol, light 800 grit sand, re-clean and spray it the colour of your interior.:thumb:Excellent - thanks a lot Shadow :D