PDA

View Full Version : Not starting: no fuel

The S is Silent
07-19-2006, 08:37 PM
I got my wiring harness put into the charger today. The car now cranks over...but after cranking over for a while, my oil pressure gauge isn't moving at all. Everything is turning over just fine, so it has to be a wiring issue between the gauge and the sender (new pump and pickup).

So I hooked the HEP up and tried to start it...and nothing. It just cranks over. My fuel pressure gauge isn't showing any pressure, and I can't hear the walbro prime when I turn the key to the on possition.

What can I check? Is there any way to check and see if the fuel pump is hooked up without pulling it from the tank? I have right at a quarter tank of gas, so I don't think that is the issue.

mcsvt
07-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Can't you jump power to your coil and check for the fuel pump to come on?

The S is Silent
07-19-2006, 10:17 PM
When switching from LM to SMEC in an L-body, do I need to run wires for the fuel pump, or will the stock L-body ones work. This is the only thing I can think of, because I tested the terminals at the pump, and had continuity.

The S is Silent
07-19-2006, 10:18 PM

I have to idea. :confused:

APalmer
07-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Matt:
Still no volts from coil to fuel pump?
BTW - sent you an Email a few days ago. - Andy

The S is Silent
07-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Sorry guys. I just got to Texas to move into my new place in Corpus Christi, so not much is going on with cars and me. I'll update later when I get a chance. Thanks for the ideas though.