PDA

View Full Version : Location and size of plug for line pressure adjusting without dropping pan

rt1092
09-03-2011, 01:50 PM
I need the exact location and size of plug for line pressure adjusting without dropping pan.
Does anyone have a picture? I don't want to drill into the case till I know where.
Thanks

turbovanmanČ
09-03-2011, 03:19 PM
I need the exact location and size of plug for line pressure adjusting without dropping pan.
Does anyone have a picture? I don't want to drill into the case till I know where.
Thanks

You have to drop the pan and mark it, then drill. I use 1/8 pipe tap or you go slightly bigger and use 1/4 pipe. Its an allen key, 3/16"

rt1092
09-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks thats what I needed. I thought someone said the put a 1/2" pipe plug in there. And I couldn't figure exactly where to put it. For 1/4" I can see it will work.
I have the trans out, and the pan off. I trying a new converter, so I want to install the plug now.

turbovanmanČ
09-03-2011, 03:57 PM
So put the valve body on loosely, then you can mark and drill/tap. You can really use any size you want, as long as you can get an allen key in there, it doesn't matter.