PDA

View Full Version : What does delta mean in the various tables?

Force Fed Mopar
08-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Does it mean the same thing regardless of table? It means the table is only used when a change in a reading of one or more sensors is seen, right? What determines if it is active on a increasing or decreasing reading?

shackwrrr
08-26-2011, 11:53 AM
change in a certain value. Example: say throttle position changes from 0-25% then dMAP would be 25. If it was 25-0% dMAP would be -25. This is determined during the routine every 479us(I think thats the time)

ShelGame
08-26-2011, 01:15 PM
As mentioned, delta just means a change in sensor reading. So, when you see a table whos input is a delta-MAP or delta-TPS, it's looking at the change in the sensor reading, instead of the reading itself. Usually, the delta is referenced from a time-based average. But, sometimes simply from the previous sensor read. It really depends. Usually, the delta is absolute, but in some cases it only looks at a positive or negative change. It depends on the table in question and the function that the ECU is performing.

Force Fed Mopar
08-26-2011, 02:28 PM
I noticed a lot of delta map tables in the transient group.

ShelGame
08-26-2011, 02:36 PM
I noticed a lot of delta map tables in the transient group.

Most of those are delta-MAP and delta-TPS. For good reason, transient fueling by definition adds/removes fuel when the MAP or TPS changes.

Force Fed Mopar
08-26-2011, 03:07 PM
How do you tell if it active in positive or negative changes, or both?

ShelGame
08-26-2011, 04:55 PM
You'd have to read the code where the table is used...

I should probably comment things better. But, in some cases, it's not even clear to me which direction some of the transient fuel stuff works. The later code is much more clear than the early code. The early code is really difficult to see what Chrysler was doing...

Force Fed Mopar
08-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Wonder if you could trace it with something like MPScan?

ShelGame
08-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Wonder if you could trace it with something like MPScan?

No, MP Scan can't do that.