PDA

View Full Version : Must have something out of whack?

black86glhs
08-20-2011, 11:02 PM
With everything plugged in and ignition on, I show around 9V on the green fuel pump, coil, injector wire at the coil positive terminal. When I pull the fuel pump fuse, it jumps up to battery voltage. If I run a jumper wire from battery + to coil +, I can hear the fuel pump running.
I did replace the fuel pump a while back with a walbro 255, so I might have gotten something screwed up, but I've done many fuel pumps in many cars. So this isn't my first rodeo. I will perform checks before ruling it out.
Also, anyone ever had a coil ohm out fine(1.55 ohm on primary, 10,600 ohms on secondary) and not provide spark? I still have to check the coil wire to the distributor. It is one of Simon's Aurora wires. I would not think it is bad, but I'm checking it out before I rule it good. I have said it can't be something in the past, only to find it was the problem, so not doing that here.
Cars.....gotta lov'em!:D

black86glhs
08-21-2011, 01:33 AM
This is getting weirder. Apparently, I have a fuel injector or 2 stuck open. Ever see fuel run out of an intake manifold? Well neither had I until tonight.
I have 11.5V at the pump connector and almost 30 ohms resistance on the gray ground circuit. Hmmm. The interior is out of the car so I will be doing some investigating. Guess the +20's I bought will be going in sooner than later.

black86glhs
08-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Well, the wiring is sorted, but it is time to get another PM. I finally verified the PM connector terminal wiring and I f'ed it up twice. Now to get another. :(

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

shackwrrr
08-27-2011, 05:05 AM
This is getting weirder. Apparently, I have a fuel injector or 2 stuck open. Ever see fuel run out of an intake manifold? Well neither had I until tonight.
I have 11.5V at the pump connector and almost 30 ohms resistance on the gray ground circuit. Hmmm. The interior is out of the car so I will be doing some investigating. Guess the +20's I bought will be going in sooner than later.

blown FPR diaphragm will do that too.

black86glhs
08-27-2011, 11:42 AM
blown FPR diaphragm will do that too.Having 8 volts to the #3 injector all the time does it too...lol.