PDA

View Full Version : T-I to T-II conversion map troubles

unluckyty
08-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Converted an 85 GLHT to TII and wanted to run 87 lancer LM

Followed basic instruction like posted http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?13161-L-body-TII-electronics-gt-87-electronics-conversion&highlight=TII+conversion
Seemingly simple and staight forward conversion.

I have been over and over the wiring and all checks out new vac lines, dedicated to map. Vaccumm good to baro, and between baro and map 16". Have tried a second 3 bar map, have tried stock 87 lancer LM with a 2 bar map, still coded 13, and 14.

Using a FWDP stage 4 87 LM, 3 bar map, +40s throws codes 13 and 14. runs like it too

This does not make sence.

87 lancer LM, 3bar map, new wiring. OTC scanner states 5v when I check map sensor.
I physicaly checked map with meter and get 4.94v on C, 1.47v on B, no v on a ground
have checked and check wiring all is correct. Throw codes 13, 14 because it thinks it is getting 5v at LM

I plug back in the 85 LM and map at lm and scanner reads 2.2v for map, car runs and does not show odes 13 or 14.

Any clues, have searched and searched, and tried every thing foun can not get it to work with 87 LM

Thanks, Greg

unluckyty
08-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Helps writing it down,think I found the problem, knew it centerd around the LM's map signal, must default to 5v if no signal. Anyhow had the 1.47v at the plug in on LM while plugged into LM, but was too loose in contacting pin. Pulled wire readjusted pin, now scanner shows 1.5v for map sensor test.

Thanks, Greg

cordes
08-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Glad to see that you figured it out. You should be off to the races now.