PDA

View Full Version : +40's too short for TIII

shackwrrr
08-08-2011, 12:43 PM
I wanted to know if anyone else had this problem. If I push the injectors all the way into the rail they come out of the intake and if I push them into the intake the come out of the head. Should I just bend the rail down a little bit?

1BADVAN
08-08-2011, 12:55 PM
shouldn't there be clips to hold the injectors to the rail? I don't know for sure but is the intake just and open hole i don't think it has a "stop" for pushing injectors up against. But either way if you don't bend the brackets or get the clips to hold it down into the intake they eventually will be pushed out by boost pressure

shackwrrr
08-08-2011, 12:57 PM
If I use the clips it pulls the lower o-ring out of the intake. I have the other problem though, Eventually they pop out of the rail and I get a fuel leak.

and they are real +40's confirmed by the boxes they came in and the numbers on the injectors.

turbovanmanČ
08-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Got pics, I am using +40's and no issues, even with a modded stocker. Compare the length's to the stockers.

Pat
08-08-2011, 01:19 PM
I've run multiple sets of +40's on T-III rails and never had that issue. Measure your injectors and compare them to stockers. I'd also check to see if there is something funky with your rail.

turbovanmanČ
08-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Are you using the right clip area? Maybe it was machined incorrectly?

shackwrrr
08-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Ill get some pics when I get home. It was late at night when I put them in so I didn't really compare them to the stockers. There is only 1 spot for the clip and that is with the top o-ring fully seated in the rail cup. I had it assembled like that when I installed them and when I put the rail in I pushed the lower orings in and then I couldn't get the bolts in so I pulled them back again and they popped right out of the intake. so I just pulled the clips and centered the injectors, I was doing it just to test robs code and it worked so well I just left them and forgot about it until today when one was leaking gas.

turbovanmanČ
08-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Using any lube on the o-rings?

"Top Fuel" Bender
08-08-2011, 04:59 PM
my super 60's were too short on my 2-piece had to slot the mounting holes in my rail

shackwrrr
08-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Using any lube on the o-rings?

Silicone grease (di-electric)

shackwrrr
08-08-2011, 05:46 PM
my super 60's were too short on my 2-piece had to slot the mounting holes in my rail

I ended up doing this, thanks. I didn't want to drive home from work and have one pop out. Nice and snug now.