PDA

View Full Version : code 27, backfiring, and no start

Joe_Van_Duno
08-07-2011, 12:39 AM
Hey guys, having some issues with my van... what else is new.

Last week I installed a new MSD coil, Magnacore plug wires and some cooler champion plugs (forget the full number but they are 9's). Test drove the van and all was working great. I took it to the track l and everytime I'd get up near 5K rpms the van would misfire. I eventually set a code 27 for the 3 and 4 injector circuit. I played around with it and ended up just packing it up and called it a day at the track.

Well today I finally get a chance to look at the van, I took the injector harness off and inspected wiring and found no visual issues. I checked wires for shorts to each other, and again nothing. I ohmed out the injectors, and they were all within the same range, around 3.2ohms. I swapped out the computer with a spare and ran the engine, and it has the same issue.

I then went back to my old computer and from inside the van's engine bay held the rpms between 4-5K so the engine was missing. I then started moving connections around hoping to find a loose connection or broken wire. Then the car just lost power and died.

I tried re-starting but it just cranks, and backfires out the exhaust. at this point it was time to call it a night, and I pushed the van back into the garage.

Any ideas what to check? could a Hep cause all these issues? I thought Hep sensor was only for ignition, and the code 27 looks to be for fuel.

Thanks,

Joe

shackwrrr
08-07-2011, 02:31 AM
put your stock coil back on. M.ight S.oon D.ie coils have a low output compared to the stock coil and the crappy reliability.

also what were your plugs gapped at?

Also check the timing belt, never know it could have went when you were revving it.