08-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Date: 05th August 2011
Username: glhs87
Full Name: John Nolan
City, State, Zip:64850
Selling Price: $6,500

Description:
About
This link kind of fills you in about the car. The text is Old and I have done some more improvements on the car engine wise since then - www.claysmopars.com/shelbyregistry/johnnolan.html Another site the car is listed on: http://www.motortopia.com/cars/24022

Additional pics: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,83183.0.html

I’ve owned this car since 1990. The body has 82K miles on it, the motor has 10K on it and the head and intake have 1K on them. It’s been a huge part of my life but I’m going in a different direction now as I recently purchased a Trans Am. The main build of this car was done in the early nineties and the car had a lot of one off custom parts. It wasn’t built for drag racing but for hunting mustangs of the era!

Block:
2.2L common block, .30 over (bored with engine plate bolted on)
JE Pistons – ceramic coated
TII rods
NA crank
Full ARP hardware

Head:
Steve Menegon Big Valve head
ARP Head studs
2 piece intake that was fully ported to showroom stock racing limits, 52 mm throttle body

"Super 70” Turbo:
Uses a 3 inch exhaust housing, with 3 inch mandrel exhaust that exits through the bumper

Intercooler:
Spearco.

Transmission:
Modified 525 with all the “stay alive” LRE goodies: Full Girdle, Chrome moly end plate and their limited slip Posi unit. Connected to the motor with a Center Force dual Friction clutch

The rest of the performance parts include:
Walpro 255 fuel pump
Accell 10mm spark plug wires and super coil
Filled motor mounts
GM 1 wire 105 amp alternator
FAST ECU - no factory computer
3 Bar GM map
52 pph injectors
180 Thermostat with the hole drilled
Custom crankcase vent with K and N filter
K and N air filter
Battery moved to rear of vehicle
Oil Cooler with remote filter location in nose.
GLHS Koni’s front and back
Modified Rear Axle

Larger Caravan front calibers and 89 Shelby Daytona vented disks in rear
Has aftermarket oil psi, vac/boost, and air fuel gauges
Polished wheels on 215/50/15’s

89 Shelby CSX Recaro seats.

Center Arm rest.

The car itself has no rust but has an odd spot on the driver’s side of the roof at the rear on the drip rail area. It’s been there since I bought it and it has not grown. The car is kept in a climate controlled garage. The interior is nice with the Recaro’s in it and I get a lot of compliments on these! I had the headliner replaced back in the late 90’s but its starting to age a bit in some areas. The car has been on a variety of city/highway runs to local car shows with no problems at all. Runs very cool all the time, 1/4 temp usually, never overheats. Has great oil psi, presently running Castrol 10W30.

After I installed the super ported intake and Steve’s big valve head I had to have the FAST ECU reprogrammed. I only did a basic tune to get it running and an easy highway section for MPG’s. I bet there is a lot of power hiding but right now on low boost you best be holding on to the steering wheel as it breaks loose very easily!!

I am selling it for $6500 OBO. Best way to get a hold of me is to PM me and we can talk. I know I’m forgetting to list items that are on the car, but it explains itself. You have a serious machine here for a relatively low price.

Price $6,500 Or Best Offer
Mileage 89,000 miles

Please PM me with any questions!

Thanks

John

glhs87
08-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Ok, my car has been listed on here for a while as well as other forums and I haven't gotten much response. Someone ask me a question about it or make me an offer!

Turbo224
08-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Seems like a pretty nice car. I love the exhaust!

glhs87
08-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks! Yes that tip does gather some attention. When the body guy had the 3" hole saw in his hand and ready to drill he kept asking, "are you sure about this?" lol

Turbo224
08-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Well, I would have a hard time doing that to a numbered car, but yours looks really good.

glhs87
08-31-2011, 01:41 PM
I revised the desciption of the car.

168glhs1986
08-31-2011, 03:04 PM
John, have you had the car painted during your ownership? How does it show? Door dings, dents,etc... Still interested but haven't pulled the trigger yet...

Did you have car dyno tuned? Numbers?

Mike

glhs87
09-01-2011, 09:58 AM
HI Mike,

yes, in 91 i had the sides and door jams done. There was surface rust round the wheel wells most likely from going down dirt roads. i did the door jams just so it looked like the outside of the car. The sail panels had "Turbo Charged Street Machine" script on it and i had the body shop remove them and fill in the holes! Had it pin striped at the time but most of it as worn off. The paint wasn't basecoat/ clear coat just the old fashion regular enamel paint. Car looks awsome in the shade but put it in bright sunlight and you can see all the imperfections - I"ve seen some fancy 2/3 stage wax that removes these so it could clean up. The passengers fender needs some buffing as its getting a little cloudy but overall it still looks great. No real dents that i can recall - just the odd rust spot on the roof.

Yes I had it tuned after SDAC 19 as it didn't really run on the old tune after i but menegon's big head and a ported intake on it. The deal that had me upset was the car never really showed much more than 200 at the wheels. The tuner didn't have a Dynojet and I don't think it was a mustang one either but it was a water brake type. When i dyno'd the old motor (87 TII with the shelby stage 2 computer) it was 205 with 255Tq and that motor is very weak compared to the this one so I don't fully agree with the numbers. There is a dyno shop in my town but i've never got a round to bringing it over to compare it.

If you want to get the car - how did you plan on picking it up?

JOhn

glhs87
09-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Mike,

I have pics of before it was painted (with the "streetmachine" script on it! lol) and during the build up all in an album. I found the gauge pod with gauges i picked up but never got around to installing . Funny how you find things when cleaning up! lol

John

Reb258
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Still for sale?

glhs87
10-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Still for sale?

yes I still have it.

glhs87
02-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Ok, refund coming, need a new toy? Give my SC a look.
Thanks

John

Zuke
03-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Are you close to Kansas city? How are the synchros in the tranny? Do they feel rough or worn as you shift?

glhs87
03-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Are you close to Kansas city? How are the synchros in the tranny? Do they feel rough or worn as you shift?

I'm about 3 hours south of KC and 20 miles south of Joplin MO. Weather is good all weekend if you like to meet for a test ride! Tranny is fine, I put all the 525 stay alive goodies on it, LRE gridle and Chrome moly end plate and LRE's LSD with heim joint shifter rods.

PM me if you want to talk about the car.

thanks

John

RoadWarrior222
03-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Well, I would have a hard time doing that to a numbered car, but yours looks really good.That's why cars like this are a good buy, you can blame the PO :nod:

glhs87
03-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Are you still interested in the car?

glhs87
07-22-2012, 02:42 PM
HI Guys,

Still have the car. It needs a new home! :-)

here is allink for more pics and video - http://www.flickr.com/photos/81tase/

90esdaytona
09-10-2012, 10:44 PM
I really like your car but about the only way I can get it is if you would be interested in a trade towards the car. I have two Daytonas a 90 ES Turbo that is in really nice shape, and an 86 TurboZ C/S T-top car it is in pretty good shape for its age.

168glhs1986
09-10-2012, 11:41 PM
I really like your car but about the only way I can get it is if you would be interested in a trade towards the car. I have two Daytonas a 90 ES Turbo that is in really nice shape, and an 86 TurboZ C/S T-top car it is in pretty good shape for its age.

I'm not the owner but I do know this....He wants to thin his fleet and dedicate more time to his Pontiac hence making a 3 for 1 trade highly unlikely.

glhs87
09-12-2012, 06:55 AM
I'm not the owner but I do know this....He wants to thin his fleet and dedicate more time to his Pontiac hence making a 3 for 1 trade highly unlikely.
You nailed it Mike. Sorry, like
mike mentioned, need the space and the $. Thanks for looking though.

John

neonsox
09-12-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm finding that this is a cheap group, and it takes one to know one since I'm cheap too. What's worse, we all seem to think our cars are worth a lot more than they really are. I might be stuck with my Shelby Lancer forever, not that I might much at all.

RoadWarrior222
09-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Yah, no-one ever has any money... but if they get some they go buy a new audi or something :D :banghead:

CPR1
09-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Yah, no-one ever has any money... but if they get some they go buy a new audi or something :D :banghead:

Well, that is not exactly accurate :)

I don't have the Audi, but do have 01 M5, 09 CL55AMG and 06 997C4S.....and have been patiently lurking on the TD sites looking for the right car.

The problem is most FS ads have a beat down, ragged out POS or an 'incomplete', or undocumented, or whatever project car. The original poster's car is almost EXACTLY what I am looking for with one glaring exception: the tune is incomplete and thus cannot be properly gauged vs. the dollar value being requested. If the OP would take it to a tuner shop, drop the $300 and have it properly set-up/documented, I imagine it would sell within days. I know I would probably jump a flight from VA.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter. Been around for 4 months and MIGHT have seen one...maybe two....cars that I would have purchased.

Money isn't the problem. The available vehicles are.

RoadWarrior222
09-28-2012, 06:36 PM
and then there's that guy :D

CPR1
09-29-2012, 09:41 AM
The funny thing is, that these cars filled my high school parking lot....I remember like yesterday the row of 2 blue/silver ones, 2 burgandy/silver ones, 1 silver/black...and my bro's black GLHS all parked together. Yet seemingly overnight they have almost all but disappeared.

Just one those memories that sticks with me AND one the reasons I have been hunting for one religiously.

In any case, my previous post wasn't meant as a slight to the OP, so apologies if it was taken as such.