PDA

View Full Version : New Blend Fuel Stabizer for Ethanol Blend Gasoline

CHRYNY
07-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Has anyone heard anything positive or negative about the new blend fuel Stabilizers for Ethanol Blend fuels or had any expeience with this new product. Gas stations in my part of the country only sell Ethanol blend fuels. I typically have been using the regular red Stabil Stabilizer which has been around a long time in my old cars which do not get run too often. Any known bad side effects with this new product?

RoadWarrior222
07-27-2011, 11:26 AM
It's probably a water thing, ethanol does funny things to the water absorbing abilities of other additives when in solution with them. Possible the previous formula relied on methanol for this, whereas the new formula probably uses isopropyl... myself, I have used straight isopropyl alky for this for putting my mower away and getting it out again...

contraption22
07-27-2011, 01:12 PM
I would think the last think you would use as fuel treatement would be ethanol, unless you have a problem with fozen fuel lines.

It really pisses me off what the 10% has been doing to my small engine carbs, and now the EPA wants to boost it up to 15%.