PDA

View Full Version : MPtuner and turbonator smech cal help needed

1966 dart wagon
07-26-2011, 11:12 PM
I recently burned a chip though MP tuner and used the newest version of turbonator 17. I was new at using mptuner, but I have had good success with chem2 and dcal. Anyways I burned a chip scalled for a 2.5 40+s and a 3 bar map sensor, I put the afrs for base from map right at 14.7, I scalled the Part throttle at 14.7 while in vac, but in boost it was 13s(this is for cruising right, I think this is where I screwed up???) and WOT was all in mid 11's. Anyways I've drove the car for maybe 40 miles and is still dumping fuel in, at times it will be running mid 10s and at idle sometimes 9's for afr, I can see gas fumes pass me while sitting still. I'm worried as to how long it will take the ecu to 'learn' how to correct to run 14s for afr while cruising since thats how it normally worked when I used chem2/dcal. Today it got as rich as mid to high 12s that was good but still to rich for cruising. The last cal I ran though chem2/dcal it was completly fine at 60 miles or so. I'm just wondering If I should look at burning a new chip and making everything leaner, cept for wot. Another thing is my traveler is showing way off I'm getting 50mpg on average, and from idle on it just goes up and up and up to around the 50s.

I also am running a s60 turbo and slightly ported throttle body opening along with a self ported exhaust manifold, i messaged rob on tuning for the s60 and he said mainly all you have to do is adjust the boost, but I'm running a g valve.

Thanks for all the help,
Jack

ShelGame
07-26-2011, 11:28 PM
What do you mean you scaled the part throttle for 14.7 in vac? How? Using the AFR setup? All that does is draw a yellow phantom line on the fuel chart so you can match the fuel line to it. If you don't manually adjust the fuel line to the yellow line, you probably will be richer.

1966 dart wagon
07-27-2011, 09:22 AM
yeah I adjusted the chart to the yellow line but I just made it very very slightly rich while it was part throttle and in boost, I dont really like going part throttle getting 10psi and running 14.7 like I have in the past.