PDA

View Full Version : BoostButton Updated Latch Adapters for SBEC's

ShelGame
07-25-2011, 11:29 PM
I just got in new latch boards and components today and built the first one up. I had a customer in Eastern Eurpoe (no kidding) who asked if I could make the board smaller to fit his BMW ECU. So, I found a teensy tiny latch chip and figured out how to solder it to the board. These new boards are basically only a hair bigger than a chip.

These also fix the issue some were having with the 27SF512 chip. So, if you have one of my original latch baords and want to upgrade, just send me PM and we'll work out an exchange.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a fix for the Ostrich power problem (losing memory unless powered by the USB). I thought I had a fix, but it had no effect. Moates will have to help us figure that one out, I'm afraid.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24238014/100_0113.JPG

Again, these are for running a 'regular' chip on the SBEC - IE, a 27C256 (or 27SF512, or Ostrich) in place of the 87C257 that the SBEC normally uses. Apparently, this board works on BMW ECU's too...

turbovanmanČ
07-26-2011, 03:47 AM
Damn dude, your getting famous, congrats, :hail:

I have one of the original adapters from Wowzer was it? Never used it yet but do they work?

ShelGame
07-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Damn dude, your getting famous, congrats, :hail:

I have one of the original adapters from Wowzer was it? Never used it yet but do they work?

Quantum made the original ones. As far as I know they work...

turbovanmanČ
07-26-2011, 02:12 PM

That's right, my memory is going, :(

zin
07-29-2011, 07:39 PM

I got one too... Think they'll still work with the inch of dust that has collected on it?:(

Mike

shackwrrr
07-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Yay, Mine going out soon?

ShelGame
07-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Yay, Mine going out soon?

Went out on Wednesday. You should have it on Monday if it didn't come today...

shackwrrr
07-31-2011, 03:13 AM
Went out on Wednesday. You should have it on Monday if it didn't come today...

Awesome, Spirit is ready. Im not looking forward to dealing with the brown jello though.