PDA

View Full Version : electrical gremlins!

WOP'R
07-17-2006, 02:40 AM
ooooooooooooook so this has car been sitting for almost 4 years before i got my hands on it. i just had the engine installed and it runs pretty good, but the electrical is a different story.

at first i noticed that my radio would turn on and off every once in a while but keep its memory. Then one day i lost all my brake and turn signal lights:mad: :mad:

i changed the bulbs and checked the fuses for the lights and everything checked out. Then i noticed the fuse for the radio is very loose and the area the fuse plugs into looks melted and burned. jiggling the fuse caused both the radio and the brake/turn signals to go on and off.?!!? taking the fuse out and putting it back in caused a small spark (couldnt see it but heard it)?!:confused: And even when holding the fuse in tightly and making sure there is good contact the radio and lights didnt always work!

Later on i decided to take the radio's fuse out and now all the lights work :confused: :confused: putting the fuse back in the lights would work untill i moved the fuse box.

So my question to you all is
1) How/why are the turn signals and brake lights connected to the radio??
2) what is wrong with the radio?! why is the fuse sparking and cutting out?