PDA

View Full Version : t3/t4 turbo

gifted1988
07-25-2011, 08:22 PM
i am getting a t3/t4 turbo i know i need bigger injectors cause fuel cut off is 14.7 ish wondering how do i up the fuel cut off is it in the injectors or is it in the computer and can any one tell me what turbo comes on the 88 shelby z 2.2 turbo

turbovanmanČ
07-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Well, its not as simple as that per say. If you have an 88 Shelby, then you have a Garrett turbo, which is a good turbo and good for 250 whp.

The stock injectors aren't what causes the cutout, that's in the computer, there are ways to trick it but a custom computer is the best way. www.boostbutton.com or www.fwdperformance.com I would upgrade to +40 injectors and a 3 bar MAP and your pretty well set for any combination. If you don't know your car's history, I would replace the fuel pump with a 255 walbro to avoid any fuel related issues.

What size turbo are you getting?

Of course, everything else should be up to snuff, IE tune-up stuff, clutch, brakes, IC.

Go here and read the turbo database section, www.thedodgegarage.com

trannybuster
07-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Will the t3/t4 bolt onto stock exhaust manny?...or is it you will need to 'fix=elbow/weld' the turbo outlet because of fitment issues?? Save yourself some headache and do as TurboVanMan stated! All the upgrades he recommends will work with the new turbo once you get some experience/knowledge with the turbo power.

gifted1988
07-28-2011, 08:31 PM
ok what size is the stock garrett and how much can it boost fully? the t3/t4 turbo is a .50 ar

turbovanmanČ
07-29-2011, 01:33 PM
ok what size is the stock garrett and how much can it boost fully? the t3/t4 turbo is a .50 ar

See my post and the link I gave you.

Boost depends on alot of factors, but you can get between 22-30 psi but its out of its efficiency range but still works, :p

.50 ar is simply the compressor housing size per say, you still have to find out the t3/t4's compressor wheel trim size, turbine housing a/r, bolt pattern and turbine size.

Juggy
07-30-2011, 12:27 AM

Ebay????

your going to have to have the exhaust manifold drilled and tapped for the standard t3 bolt pattern. dodge pattern is bigger but you can easily fit all the screws inside without any issues. make sure to port the exhaust manifold at this time! depending on the size of the compressor housing, you may have to weld on an aluminum elbow so that the outlet can clear the engine so that you may get your pipe on