PDA

View Full Version : H-body package shelf, driving me nuts!

Bossman429
01-02-2006, 01:36 AM
OK, this has been driving me nuts since I got my GTS.....
That package shelf that is in the rear hatch. It has strings on both sides of it, leading me to believe that it should be attached to the hatch door so that it lifts up with the hatch so you can reach under it. My 86 Nissan Sentra Hatchback had the same setup.
My problem is....where, or how do those strings attach to the hatch?
There aren't any hooks or anything that I can see for them to hook to.
On my Sentra there were hooks on the hatch struts for the strings to attach to, but not the case on the GTS.
Any ideas?

shmedley
01-02-2006, 02:24 AM
there should be little clips on the hatch it self. That's how it is in my Lancer

2.216VTurbo
01-02-2006, 11:32 AM
The clips he is talking about are like hard plastic /plugs/buttons with little posts that protrude from them. The little post often break off the 20YO plastic. The cool part about the way they set them up is that it is really easy to slip the loop of the lanyard off of the posts so shelf removal for large items is a snap. My Shelby Lancer did 'puckup truck' duty many many times over the years... They can swallow some large payloads, so much so that I added the rear airshocks. Oh wait, that was for the strip duty;)

Alan

Bossman429
01-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Cool, I saw that a pair of the plastic clips on the hatch had what looked like the leftover of a previous hook being there.
Any idea on what I could do to replace these broken ones?
I doubt a dealer would have anything that mundane anymore, you think?

looneytuner
01-02-2006, 02:35 PM
They were more pin shaped like a push pin for a bulletin board. You could try drilling a hole and jb weld the pins on. Wha color is the interior?

Bossman429
01-03-2006, 01:27 AM
They were more pin shaped like a push pin for a bulletin board. You could try drilling a hole and jb weld the pins on. Wha color is the interior?
Red/maroon/burgundy...whatever you want to call it.
I might take a look at it sometime and see if I can rig something up.

JDAWG
01-03-2006, 08:04 PM
They're still available pn 0H285GL7 $2.25 ea. paint as required though.

J&H Ryan
01-24-2006, 04:44 PM
My (sold) GTS had screws that went right into the hatch. Some PO didn't want to screw around (pun) with plastic.

Subliminal
01-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Wait. There's a shelf behind the back seat? Mine just has a hole where a spare used to be that is a little surface-rusty and fills up with water on occasion.

You mean that's not how it looked stock?

:(

Bossman429
01-30-2006, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the PN!
I ordered 4 of them so I have some extras, should be here Wednesday. Can't wait!