PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump housing metal tube leak

bfarroo
07-17-2011, 06:45 PM
So I'm replacing the fuel pump on the 91 Daytona. No major issues, the pump housing itself had some scale and rust on it so i scraped and wire brushed off what i could, poured some rust desolver on it and scrubbed that in. Cleaned it up and painted it to keep it from corroding any more. Swapped out the guts for the walbro and put it back together. Went to prime the system and I hear a leak from the back. look under and gas is leaking from around the pump. Long story short the metal tube sprung a hole after I cleaned it up. How do I go about fixing this. I'd really hate to have to buy a new pump just for the housing. I don't see the housing offered separately. Anyone have a 91 style pump hosing they want to sell? I pulled it down and cleaned the paint off and just put a coat of JB weld on it to at least get it mobile to move out of the garage. Any ideas?

1966 dart wagon
07-17-2011, 07:01 PM
I believe they do offer it speritly, at least they did for my 89 daytona, I had this issue happen on the inside of the 'housing' I ended sodering the housing but I had to use a tourch to get it hot enough. Or go to the junkyard, I did that too now I have extras!

RoadWarrior222
07-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Run a 50/50 pool on how long the JB Weld will last..... use profits to buy new assembly.

shackwrrr
07-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Run a 50/50 pool on how long the JB Weld will last..... use profits to buy new assembly.

Or towards a new car when it burns to the ground.

bfarroo
07-17-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm definitely not going to drive it with the JB weld, I just need to be able to move it around the drive way until I get a new assembly. I'll check the Dealer tomorrow for just the assembly. Cars in the J-yards around here will be in the same shape as mine is unless the pump was already replaced. I'll try posting up in the wanted section and see what I can come up with. Hopefully someone from down south has one laying around they want to sell that hasn't been through a bunch of wisconsin winters.

moparloper
07-25-2011, 07:42 AM
NAPA has what they call a fuel pump hanger $56. You just have to transfer your new fuel pump over to it. Part Number: STP FG24B