PDA

View Full Version : 1986 GLHS, First Place Car at SDAC 21

Marcus86GLHS
07-12-2011, 03:35 PM
does anyone have some good pix of the winning 86S from this year's event? and any background info on the car? there were very few pix of the car at the boostedmopar.com picture page.

also, there was another 86S there that had an interior from a 1990 Omni. Was that a GLHS clone? any other info or pix of that car?

thanks.

sdac guy
07-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Beth Reeves' car won the class, Seth came in 2nd, and Stu Schram's car 3rd. I didn't get out to look at any of the cars in the show (busy with other stuff) but Beth told me the car was a recent acquisition. She was delighted she finally got one and I am sure the 1st place thrilled her.

I don't have any pics to post. Our official photogs haven't sent me copies yet (but they are on the way).

Barry

GLHS069
07-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Yes there was a clone there and he was trying to sell it for $10,000 (not worth it).

Marcus86GLHS
07-12-2011, 06:11 PM
i saw the for-sale sign on the windshield at SDAC labeling the car as a "1986 shelby dodge"....so r-u saying that was a false claim? if so, did anyone at the event call the seller out on that?

BARRY thanx for the info.....i knew that Beth R. is the owner, i was hoping to get some pix of the car, it seems odd that there are lots of pix of the gang of 86S's that participated in the event but almost none of the best example.

sdac guy
07-12-2011, 09:51 PM
it seems odd that there are lots of pix of the gang of 86S's that participated in the event but almost none of the best example.Well, don't assume too much. Not to take anything away from Beth's car, but sometimes cars win because the owner is popular or other reasons. At SDAC-8 my Shelby Lancer Prototype won the SL class, but I think folks voted for it just because of what it is. Bob Meier's Shelby Lancer was tons nicer than mine (and still is).

Ah, ya seen one black car ya've seen 'em all!

j/k :lol:

Barry