PDA

View Full Version : looking for alt brkt

boostedblue
01-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Looking for front alt brkt to mount big alt (90 amp) on 86 l-body believe these were used on 87 GLHS and 86 GLHS brkt bolts to alt and then to engine blk by water pump(my old alt had two bolt holes in it )while new one has only one, thanks todd:D

The S is Silent
01-02-2006, 01:20 AM
I was under the impression that they only made 2 alternator brackets...one for AC cars, and one for those that didn't have AC.

The one you are describing sounds like an AC delete bracket, and it came on any 2.2 or 2.5 that doesn't have AC.

ShadowBrad
01-02-2006, 07:29 AM
Being you said your old alt. had 2 bolt holes on the front. I think you're talking about the alt. thats like the oldschool mopar altenators with an external regulator and all. My dad's 86 2.2L Carbed mini-van had that style on it.

If you loosen the bolt that holds the front bracket to the water pump it can be rotated slightly towards the front of the car and you can mount the other style alt. up fairly easily. Although I'm not sure of how much clearance there would be to do that on an L-Body compared to the mini-van.

-Brad

boostedblue
01-02-2006, 12:46 PM
:bowl: :bump2: :bump2: Sorry guys but after looking many hours yesterday, This is the brkt that mounts on the front of the alt for adjustment not brkt that mounts alt to engine if anyone has sevice manuals you will see the diff. bracket from 78 amp alt to 90 amp alt .This alt has cooling fan on pully side no way I can use stock adjusting brkt thanks anyhow, todd aka bossted blue

boostedblue
01-02-2006, 01:50 PM
:bump2:

boostedblue
01-03-2006, 12:23 PM
:bowl:

appaking
01-04-2006, 08:10 PM
I THINK I've got what you need. The one on the car now has a broken adjuster bolt, but I think I have another bolt on a different style bracket that will work. This part isn't L body specific is it? If it's worth $25 shipped to you I'll take it off and take pics to be sure. LMK

Kevin