PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Gremlin mind-twister

samishii23
07-06-2011, 03:27 PM
So I got my 2 year long project done-ish. I swaped out the 2.2 T3 block, and new OEM clutch. Everything back together, got timing right the first time ( though I noticed it slipped a tooth originally and backed it off a tooth after wards ).
Then the car had no power despite having a freshly charged battery. So I replaced the battery connections ( the old ones looked to be the factory ones ), and cleaned up every ground connection I could see / get my hands on. The car had power again!
So at this point I learned it wasnt sparking, and after a long while of pondering and borrowing a volt-meter. I learned the ECU harness was loose ( silly me :P ) Started right up! :clap:

Found an oil leak, possible loose bolt on the pan, and need to finish up exhaust as its open after the down pipe. Lower the car and boom, no power again...

lol! I wanted to take a sledge hammer to the bloody thing! :mad:

So now what do I check? I already went over all the ground connections before. Im so out of ideas. Lol

Big_P
07-07-2011, 07:31 PM
By "no power" you mean no voltage to the car, ie no headlights no starter activity no radio etc?

If so; did you check the ground wire off the battery at the white connector? Disconnect and clean it. I had one of those corrode on me once.