PDA

View Full Version : SDAC Drag Results?

Directconnection
06-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Was there a pact between the SDAC attendees fellowship to keep the "civilians" in dark?

C'mon..... post up the drag results for those dying to know :nod:

moparman76_69
06-30-2011, 06:58 AM
It's already posted in the pics thread but for those that didn't see it.

Slowe beat JT for Q16
? Von Drehle (can't remember your first name or screen name) won heads up with a 4 car field in the most interesting omni in the world
Angelo Taylor won bracket

Pat
06-30-2011, 07:58 AM
We need details! Et's, trap speeds, etc. :-)

dodgeshadowchik
06-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Well, I think Barry has all the results. So we'll have to wait for him to post up. Other than that, it'll be up to the car owners to post their times and details since us spectators didn't get a copy.

IIRC, Slowe's fastest pass was a 9.2 @158-ish, JT went a few 10.8's @ 135 and one 137.

ohiorob
06-30-2011, 08:10 AM
way to go JT :thumb:

Warren Stramer
06-30-2011, 10:13 AM
We need details! Et's, trap speeds, etc. :-)

OK, Just my personal opinion, First off, Barry,JT, and ALL the Chicago SDAC guys and gals put in alot of time and work and I had a great time. Thank you all!
Second, Great Lakes Dragway BLOWS!!!, Its not what I remembered from last time, I thought it was a Baja track, very rough, especially for being rebuilt in 2005.
they were late opening the gates, dilly-dallied around getting the track "ready", and by the time it started to hook, it seemed they were in a big hurry to get rid of us. I still dont know what the rush was about??
I still have not seen the qualifying order, times or ladder. It was not posted or announced, Or maybe I just missed it.
So just what I observed........Brian was in the 9.2-9.3@158mph range for #1Q. Im not sure about any of the rest of the Q order. I ran 10.45-10.47 all three of my elim rounds. My 10.47 was not enough for JT's 10.93 in the semis ( talk about being late)
In the final, I think, but I couldnt confirm, JT had nothing to loose so he took a shot at the tree and went red against Brian.
Larry B. ran good, I think he said his best was 11.2's
Rob M. (Shadow) was busy debugging a just reassembled car trying to get it all sorted out under some very strange track conditions, He went at least a 11.03 and they stayed late to keep testing. From what I gathered, most people were off their PB times by about 3-4 tenths.
I raced Angelo in the final (bracket race) and broke out. He won by .2408
I really wanted to go around the pits between rounds of Qualifying. and elims, to visit and see how others were running but for some reason the track people kept on pushing things like there was a fire or something, there were only about 40 cars racing, WTF was the rush??
I was real pleased that JT was in the final, he ran very consistant, and that car has great top end.
Mary Beth is a very skilled photographer indeed, (and nice to look at too!!) am I allowed to say that?

All in all, had a great time, Thanks to all your hard work Chicago SDAC.

forcedfedmopar
06-30-2011, 10:34 AM
I had a great time. The chicagoland SDAC people know how to throw a party! This was my first time racing a 1/4mile. Id have to agree with Warren and say that the track was sub-par. But i did set by pb for 1/8mile and of course the 1/4.

best 1/8 was a 7.9 @89
best 1/4 was 12.4 @110

Best i could do in short time was a 1.82. Overall SDAC was a great experience and i would love to attend next year!

Juggy
06-30-2011, 10:39 AM
I had a great time. The chicagoland SDAC people know how to throw a party! This was my first time racing a 1/4mile. Id have to agree with Warren and say that the track was sub-par. But i did set by pb for 1/8mile and of course the 1/4.

best 1/8 was a 7.9 @89
best 1/4 was 12.4 @110

Best i could do in short time was a 1.82. Overall SDAC was a great experience and i would love to attend next year!

arent you the one that dyno'd 400wheel torque and 300ish hp?
edit: in a real stripped down car?

forcedfedmopar
06-30-2011, 12:11 PM

I dynoed 280whp and 412wtq at 29psi.

I raced the car at 20psi. And its a FULL interior street car with 1/2 tank of gas.

Juggy
06-30-2011, 12:16 PM
ah ok. i think i confused you with another member. i think hes got the stripped down shadow with similar user name.

SebringLX
06-30-2011, 12:21 PM
HA! Those guys have a love affair with "Da Grove". :p I'll catch crap for this, but you should have come to Byron. :p I only say that because then I would have at least been able to go to the drag day and spectate after work. :p Nobody ever wants to come run out here, lol. I've run better times at Byron, but everybody else swears the opposite. Come on, down hill optical illusion drag racing towards the nuclear plant FTW! :D

Pat
06-30-2011, 12:28 PM
OK, Just my personal opinion, First off, Barry,JT, and ALL the Chicago SDAC guys and gals put in alot of time and work and I had a great time. Thank you all!
Second, Great Lakes Dragway BLOWS!!!, Its not what I remembered from last time, I thought it was a Baja track, very rough, especially for being rebuilt in 2005.
they were late opening the gates, dilly-dallied around getting the track "ready", and by the time it started to hook, it seemed they were in a big hurry to get rid of us. I still dont know what the rush was about??
I still have not seen the qualifying order, times or ladder. It was not posted or announced, Or maybe I just missed it.
So just what I observed........Brian was in the 9.2-9.3@158mph range for #1Q. Im not sure about any of the rest of the Q order. I ran 10.45-10.47 all three of my elim rounds. My 10.47 was not enough for JT's 10.93 in the semis ( talk about being late)
In the final, I think, but I couldnt confirm, JT had nothing to loose so he took a shot at the tree and went red against Brian.
Rob M. (Shadow) was busy debugging a just reassembled car trying to get it all sorted out under some very strange track conditions, He went at least a 11.03 and they stayed late to keep testing. From what I gathered, most people were off their PB times by about 3-4 tenths.
I really wanted to go around the pits between rounds of Qualifying. and elims, to visit and see how others were running but for some reason the track people kept on pushing things like there was a fire or something, there were only about 40 cars racing, WTF was the rush??
I was real pleased that JT was in the final, he ran very consistant, and that car has great top end.
Mary Beth is a very skilled photographer indeed, (and nice to look at too!!) am I allowed to say that?

Thanks Warren!

roachjuice
06-30-2011, 12:33 PM
you guys would love tulsa raceway park. very smooth track.

Shadow
06-30-2011, 12:33 PM
First off, I just want to say thanks on behalf of myself, my wife Jacquie and my brother Brent, We had a BLAST! SDAC was everything we hoped it would be and more! We met some great ppl and had a really memorable time and I promise you this will not be our only visit. :thumb:

ALL of the events were fun, and I have many a story to tell, but for now i'll keep to the track results to stay on topic. This was our first time running on a track other than Gimli (our home track). I knew that tunes will change with alt/baro changes, but I had No idea to what extent! After being up till 2:30am getting the Charger ready (spent 7hrs going carting with Jackson instead of getting the car ready earlier in the evening) I didn't sleep a wink. :(

So off we went to the track to get an early start as I knew I would need some early passes to get some data to tune the car and dial it in. Like Warren said, first thing we heard (from an employee that just happened to be passing by) was that the track doesn't open till 9:00am!??? WT? So we're all there from 8:00 waiting for the gates to open and I think they had to go over her head to the track owner/manager? to get things going. :confused2:

So we finally get in, get our tech cards and I go to get some fuel. All they had was 112? Now it's damn lucky that the Charger could still run on a 50/50 mix of 94 and 110, so I wasn't to worried about the lesser octain. (fuel was one of the great lessons of the day for me, but more on that later)

We get things together and I go to get a data log pass and the first thing I do is blow the burnout? At first I wasn't sure what was going on, but I later learned (after tearing a strip off the water box boy) that he was lining me up 1' BEFORE the water box????? I don't know how things are done at other tracks, but at Gimli they roll you through the burnbox and leave you about 1' on the OTHER side! So, suffice to say that until I figured this out (when Brent took the wheel for a couple passes) I was all over the track. :o

Anyway, I start getting some passes (I think the first pass wasn't till 11:30am!) and of course the first thing I notice is my MPH is way down, 131mph I think at the time. Now my whole focus was to get a data logged run so I could see what had to be changed, This agenda alone screwed me for the whole morning! :banghead:

Pass after pass my data logger wouldn't capture any info? Now I knew the car was well rich, I had run Q-16 last fall and had to add 5-6psi fuel preasure and had tuned the DETEC for the Q, but I still didn't want to pull fuel blind without seeing where it was at.

Add to this the fact that I was hell bent on flat shifting the car and I ended up missing 4th gear......TWICE!?? (I haven't missed a gear in years of driving this car) Nerves? Fatigue? Who knows, but It was only when I Removed myself from the equation (let Brent drive the car) that I was able to begin to turn things around.

This is when I noticed the water boy sleeping on the job. Now I prob came off as some kind of Canadian AHOLE, but watching Brent start his burnout, then go Through the water, then get out of it wondering WTF just happened, THEN the car bites on the way down (so no real burnout) I was slightly pissed.

I let Brent take the car for two rides while I cooled off. I did this for two reasons, IF he could drive the car better than me (he drives a car MUCH hardr than I ever will) then he would be the man, as I just wasn't getting it done and I wasn't even thinking straight. On the other hand, if he couldn't, it would eliminate the doubt in my mind on who should be driving the car and I would have 1 less thing to think about. (In all fairness to Brent, this was the first time he has Ever driven a car with this much power, and I'm glad he got in a couple passes)

We decide to go grab a bite to eat and now I'm finally starting to use the ol noodle. I wanted to borrow a timing gun back at the parking lot of the host hotel but was always engeged in conversation of doing something else and never got around to getting it done.

See, the Findenza gear that I swapped onto the I-shaft was slightly off (keyway) when I sighted it and rather than adjust it I decided I would just adjust the timing. That was the plan BEFORE I forgot to BRING the timing gun! lol

I believe it was Steve who told me Brian S. would deff have a timing light and this would be another piece of the puzzle as my timing was well back at 11-12 deg. So I bumped it back up to 15 and got ready to get back in rthe saddle again!

Very next pass was first round of Q-16 eliminations and I believe I was up against the No2 Camaro. I was sleeping at the wheel and got tree'd by .300 but cut a 1.77 60' and broke the 5.00 330' mark going 4.96 finishing with an 11.28 @ 132.82mph. So the timing change alone was worth 2mph! I also did something that you'd think I would have done after my second pass. I turned OFF the data logger and simply Read the AFR gauge at the top of the track in 4th.......10.4-10.5AFR's!!!!! Ha! now things are starting to make sense!

I dialed 3psi out of the fuel system and went up against the Ice man, Warren Stramer in his hot (but yet very cool) Laser. Now it was prob the thrill of competition but I cut a much better light (this is the first pro tree I have faced) and followed through with a 1.69' vs his 1.65' and did my best to stay on him 1/2 way through the 330' lol at the 330' he was already 1/2 second ahead going .447 vs my 4.82 (matching my best 330' ever) and he took the win with a 10.45 @ 132.35mph vs my 11.04 @ 134.52mph.

So the car picked up another 2 mph from the fuel pull and my AFR's were still 10.7-10.8!!!!!!

I took some time to ponder this, as I was now trying hard to remember how much fuel I added with the Q-16 (I should write stuff like this down). So I pulled another 2psi and entered the braket races. (I should also metion that my bro Brent was now my go-to waterbox guy) I didn't even look at the guy calling me forward to the box, just watched Brent to signal me when I was good, Problem solved!

Now if memory serves I was staged against a white Neon (sorry, don't know owners name) I cut a .057 light and 1.81 60' but shifted too early spinning the slicks through 1st gear and slowed down to 5.08 at the 330'. The Charger ended up going 11.2 @ 135.17mph and I Finally took a look at my boost gauge going through 4th gear.........29psi!!!!???? :confused:

Now things were really starting to make sense to me. I was flustered all day because the car should be trapping 138-140mph with what I've changed and (even though it looked impressive to some) 135mph just wasn't making sense to me, But 135mph, 10.8 rich @ only 29psi boost, now that made some sense!:nod:

So, instead of pulling more fuel, now we decide to put some boost back in. I dial enough duty into the whole boost curve to bring the boost up a couple lbs. I go back to line up for second round of bracket and end up lining up with my good friend Warren....Again! (this was actually a lot of fun and I think it brings out the better driver in me)

I launched too hard again and shifted too early out of spinning 1st gear, slightly bogging into second and slowing to 5.1 at the 330'. I finished with an 11.35 @ 130.43mph to Warrens 10.63 @ 119mph.

Now granted Both cars were very Hot, they didn't give s#it for time to cool between rounds, but 130mph?? I didn't get it.

That was the way the day ended as everyone said they're goodbyes and only Warren and I remained to try and do some testing before packing up and heading home.

The car got a good cool down as they didn't reopen the lanes till about 6:30pm for the street event they were running. I left the car exactly how it was on the previous run to try and see why my MPH ws so low with more boost.

Staged and did a "test pass" and stared over at my AFR's and boost gauge coming through the traps @ 132mph.........10.1 AFR's, 30psi boost! :confused: WTF?

So my boost (all of 1lb of it!) richened up my map by almost a full point?

At this point I was really starting to see my mistake in running a different fuel than last fall. Never in a million years would I have guessed it could through of your tune this much and WHERE DID MY BOOST GO??????????:confused2:

Well now we're all tired, a long day in the sun and everyone wants to leave, except me of course. Warren ran one more time to make sure nothing was hurt from being hotlapped in brkts and I just wanted more answers!

Time to get aggressive! (10hrs too late! lol) I dial in enough duty to make 5lbs boost and pull another 2lbs ful out. Car goes 11.9 @134.87 (blew the tires away throught the first two gears going 2.1 60' and 5.6 330') and I managed to data log this run. Still 29-30, maybe 30.5 psi boost and 10.5 AFR's. :(

I'd been up for two days at this point, Brent was sun baked tomato matterial and I was feeling like we weren't going to find anything more, so we decided on one last run and I aggresivly added more duty and pulled 1 more psi fuel.

I made damn sure I got a good burnout on this one, as I knew the car had had tens in it for most of the day, but I wasn't really focused on dialing in the run, because I couldn't dial in the tune!

I think it was a newer Camaro that they paired me up with, either way, he got a real good look at the A$$ end of the Charger All the way down the track as I cut a 1.69 60' going 4.78 to the 330' (my all time best 330' by almost a tenth!!!!!) but slowing down to only a 10.92 @ 133.17mph?????

I checked the data logger, decent AFRS up to 5000rpm (11.5's) then down to 11.1 @ 5200rpm (where the cam profile really starts to breath) and dropping steady to 10.0 @ 6700rpm? :( I could deff see where my mph went on that run. Too bad, as with No other change that would have been a high 10.6 or at the very least a 10.7 compared to last falls run.

So, No excusses, just the facts of the day, it is what it is, and even though it isn't much, it was nice to see the car go into the tens on a diffent track with so much adversity going on!

Like I said earlier, we all had a blast and I'm sure there are going to be some stories told for months to come. I agree with Warren, JT and his crew had a GREAT showing on they're home track and huge props to them! I'm still having trouble trying to figure out how I could loose that much boost just from a change of venue and fuel? (although I can't quite remember if the dyno operator had my turn down the boost before he started turning down the roller weight when I couldn't hook up on the dyno last fall)

So, the jist of it all;

Pros; It was ALL pros from where I stand. The car got almost 20 passes and never skipped a beat. Ran cool as a cuke and surprisingly, No axle failures with the solid hub disk!!!!!. (I was really expecting to shear at least one axle with that many runs, but I'm thinking DS hiem joint arms are at least partially responsible for keeping things under less stress) The car 1.69 60'd twice which is not my PB (1.67) but under the conditions I think it shows promiss. I got my best 330' by almost a full .1 and the 26" slicks fit! (I didn't know if they would till we actually put them on)

The best of all, as deflating as it was to not see the Charger perform in front of all of you as I hoped it would, going 10.92 @ 133 10.1 rich up top with only 31psi boost gives me hope that I Will see the benifit of the changes I made very shortly.

Cons; I really don't have any cons in my mind. Maybe the two step not working, not being able to bring myself to WOT shift the car, not being able to make a simple change early like READING the AFR gauge that's Right in Front of My FACE! lol

Lessons learned; This is the catagory I have to take note of.

1. Alway make SURE the track your going to run at has THE fuel you run OR be sure to BRING YOUR OWN FUEL!!!!!

2. Never trust the burnbox guy, From now on I will always have someone stage me in the burnbox!

3. Get some flipping sleep the night before you run!

4. Never rely so much on technology that you forget to KISS!

I think that's about it. I regret not having more time, as I really wanted to meet ALL of you , and I only got to meet 20 or so, but the ppl I did meet I got to share some very special time with, and I think that was the trade-off! Thanks again for a Great even and an all-around Great time that none of us will soon forget!!!!!!!:thumb:

roachjuice
06-30-2011, 12:35 PM

best 1/8 was a 7.9 @89
best 1/4 was 12.4 @110

man. its real hard to believe thats a stock untouched t2 garrett turbo.

forcedfedmopar
06-30-2011, 12:42 PM
man. its real hard to believe thats a stock untouched t2 garrett turbo.

The dyno numbers are on the stock turbo, the track was on a super 60 i built last week and havent had time to dial in yet. I think my times-dyno numbers are a pretty good reflection of eachother?

roachjuice
06-30-2011, 12:43 PM
The dyno numbers are on the stock turbo, the track was on a super 60 i built last week and havent had time to dial in yet. I think my times-dyno numbers are a pretty good reflection of eachother?

oh ok. i didnt know you put on an s60.

3Bar_Mopar
06-30-2011, 01:53 PM

I have a real stripped down car but I've never been to the dyno... My setup, I figure I'm probably up there pretty close in torque at 20 pounds...

BadAssPerformance
06-30-2011, 02:06 PM
way to go JT :thumb:

Thanks Rob, feels good to have it back together and racing it!

You're welcome Warrren and everyone else with props. We really appreciated everyone who came out this year to make it an awesome event! Good to see you and others we havn't seen a while and to meet new faces we only knew online!

Unfortunately for this event it was our only choice. I agree the track could have been managed and prepped better. It does sound like some got new PB's tho.

It wasnt posted... Barry may have it all in the next SDAC newletter. The rounds were run quickly to make sure we got it all completed.

Warren, I have to say that race was just plain fun! I was expecting you to fly by me like a rocket and never thought I'd be able to out mph you. Hope someoen has video of that, side by side the second half through the lights!

Yep, figured the only chance I had was a shot and it was RED... Congrats to brian, AWESOME CAR! :clap:

Larry B did run well, and I think confused the track being RWD! LOL! Tommy's Charger was low 11's too, still need to pull fuel out... 9:1 thru 3 gears.

Rob M. (Shadow) was busy debugging a just reassembled car trying to get it all sorted out under some very strange track conditions, He went at least a 11.03 and they stayed late to keep testing.

Glad to hear he was able to get it somewhat figured out staying late. Thanks for the write-up Rob! also, nice to meet you and the family too, glad you made it down!

I saw that race, looked good till the end.. gotta be hard with a 7 second wait. Congrats Angelo!

Thanks again Warren... now if I can only get the suspension to work we can race heads up and I wont have to hope for a lucky holeshot while you nap! ;)

HA! Those guys have a love affair with "Da Grove". :p I'll catch crap for this, but you should have come to Byron. :p

Byron can't run weekdays... and is not a good FWD track... wish we could have gotten Rt 66 but they didnt call back... maybe if we can get a couple hundred cars out they would?

SebringLX
06-30-2011, 02:34 PM
There were lots of great pics in the other thread, but did anyone get any video? I've seen video you guys took from some past events over the years, I'd love to see some video from this year, since I wasn't able to make it.

dodgeshadowchik
06-30-2011, 02:58 PM
There is... just haven't gotten to uploading video yet.

BadAssPerformance
06-30-2011, 04:30 PM
There is... just haven't gotten to uploading video yet.

If you are bored, the video camera and the cord for it are in my laptop bag...

Directconnection
06-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Thanks for posting your #s everyone! And a kudos goes out to those running PB's, or.... just plain running the #s you were all hoping for.

cordes
07-01-2011, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the write ups guys. I really enjoyed them.

John B
07-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Please forgive my ignorance, but who is "JT"?

bakes
07-01-2011, 03:32 AM
Look at post 22

John B
07-01-2011, 03:35 AM
Look at post 22 Thanks! How did I miss that?

Ondonti
07-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Rob, you probably ran into a problem with low Specific Gravity of fuel and lack of oxygenation. That Q16 is pretty dang light. Drop in a heavy race gas with no oxygenation and uh oh. Could be a large AFR swing.

You guys complained about previous tracks. Were you guys running against a rental deadline or were the workers just acting like they wanted you out early?
Racing results are what I find most interesting because there are never enough of these cars together at a track.

Shadow
07-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Rob, you probably ran into a problem with low Specific Gravity of fuel and lack of oxygenation. That Q16 is pretty dang light. Drop in a heavy race gas with no oxygenation and uh oh. Could be a large AFR swing.

Well if I could use 2 words to describe the day it would be "burmuda triangle" that or "twilight zone"! lol As the bro reminded me on the way home, that was by far the longest most inconsistant track day we have ever had! But it was still a blast!!!!!:)

turbo2point2
07-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks to JT, Dave T., Barry, Craig and all who had a part in planning another great SDAC! The caliber of cars that show up are getting better every year.

My experience at the track pretty much mirrors what Warren has already said. I felt very rushed. My 4 elimination round passes were all made within a half hour of each other, so I had very little cool down time or even time to check the fuel level.

First round of qualifying, I set the car for 25psi. Traction was at a premium until I reached half track. The car ran 9.59 @ 153.76. Second round of Q, I decided to leave the boost alone since I was struggling to get the power down. Lowered the slick pressure to 7.5psi and got to the 60' in 1.49 so the track seemed to be coming around a bit, went 9.43 @ 153.42.

Eliminations came up and I dialed the boost to 30psi. Round 1, I took the win with a 9.32 @ 157.01 vs. 15.139 @ 92.37. The data showed a loss of boost in high gear dropping to 26 at the end of the track, hmm.

Round 2, I felt the car drop off up top and on the way back to the pits I noticed a high idle. Took the front off and noticed the intake was cracked. She went a 9.42 @ 156.98 vs. 12.207 @ 117.27

Before round 3 I cobbled together a temp. fix for the broken intake. I was able to wedge a small piece of wood in between my intercooler piping and the right frame rail to help keep the intake from seperating. I was up against Larry B. and his sweet RWD Shadow. The fix worked, result was a 9.43 @ 158.20 to his 11.373 @ 124.41

The finals came around and I heard that JT had won over Warren's beautiful G-body. So I see JT roll up and as cool as anything he jumps out wearing shorts!:D I was jealous. So we flip for lane choice, again cool JT let me call it and I lost. He took the left lane(by far the best lane) and I saw him bumping in as I was creeping up to stage. I knew what he was up to:eyebrows: But I stood by my staging technique and he lit the red light. I ran the car out even though he gave it up early. The BSX went 9.272 @ 153.34. She was on a pretty decent pass early going 124.01 to the 1/8 but the boost leak was killing top end only picking 29mph on the big end. Great job on going rounds JT:clap: Let's line em up again next year:nod:

The intake is already repaired, and I am looking forward to the next race. Thanks again to everyone involved in the planning and to all of the folks who attended the event. It feels good to have a car at an event that the people appreciate!

Shadow
07-01-2011, 08:37 AM
First round of qualifying, I set the car for 25psi. Traction was at a premium until I reached half track.

I wonder if this had anything to do with what I ws going through? 2 things that clearly made no sense to me.

1. I just couldn't get the boost up.

2. Car gains 1/2lb boost and drops almost a full point in AFR's! :confused:

sdac guy
07-01-2011, 10:26 AM
I agree with Warren on most of his comments, though I know nothing about how the track itself performed with a quick car on it. I couldn't hear the PA system from the SDAC tent so I didn't know how they were doing things. Early in the morning I wrote down the program we wanted to run and the guy in the tower seemed to have a grasp on it.

In the afternoon I decided to run my Daytona, and then stayed around a bit to see where they were in the program. When I found out they were doing the finals of the Q16 and hadn't even started the bracket race yet, I thought "WTF, that's not what I told them?" so I knew they were not spacing the race events like I asked (run a round of each event with T&T in between).

But, ftr, I did a new personal best in my Daytona, first time below 16 sec, ran 15.7 at 89 mph. With the low end the VNT has, I usually spin the tires in 1st & 2nd when the boost comes on, but I had no wheelspin there at all. My reaction times sucked (.600+) and I was boggy out of the hole as I wasn't revving it to launch. But I was happy with the passes I made. In my first run, I banged 2nd hard enough that the heater controls popped loose from the dash and the dash bezel landed in the passenger seat. Can't say much for the build quality on a Daytona!!!

I am still sorting through all the paper I had packed in the car and when I find it and get a chance, I iwll post all the data regarding the eliminations and Q16 qual tree.

Barry

sdac guy
07-01-2011, 10:47 AM
So off we went to the track to get an early start as I knew I would need some early passes to get some data to tune the car and dial it in. Like Warren said, first thing we heard (from an employee that just happened to be passing by) was that the track doesn't open till 9:00am!??? WT? So we're all there from 8:00 waiting for the gates to open and I think they had to go over her head to the track owner/manager? to get things going. :confused2:

The woman that manned the gatehouse getting waivers signed, said that. She just had it wrong. The owner showed up and apologized for being a few minutes late. I think he got there about 8:15, but I am not sure exactly.

Barry

Warren Stramer
07-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Some more comments and explanation- Sorry if I sound like a complainer, I was Just making an observation about the race day situation.
I go to SDAC nats when it is close to my ND outpost, and that is not too often, so I try to make the best of it when I can.
I enjoy the events for a number of obvious reasons, seeing old friends, meeting new ones, checking out the cars, but mostly I come to race.
We all want to do good in front of our fellow enthusiasts and to me it is very frustrating when Barry and all the people who worked their tails off to organize the event get disrespected by the very ones who are taking our money and sign contracts with Barry. (Great Lakes Dragway).
I was the second car in line at the gate at 8:00 tues morn. Barry and Craig were right on time, No track personal had showed up, about 8:30 a gal pulls in and stops to tell me "the gates dont open till 9:00. I said no we were told you open at 8:00. she gets a little perturbed and I tell her she should talk to "that guy" me pointing to Barry.
She drives up to Barry and tells him the same thing, but Barry tells her the contract says 8:00, "I have it in writing", "I'm the guy paying the bill", she makes a call and withing 5 minutes a track official is there opening the gate.
From the time they opened the lane for cars to the time we were finished I had the feeling they couldnt wait to get rid of us.
they announced after the second round of elims that we would have 30 min. till round three. I looked at my clock and and thought good, I got enough time for cool down, but 10 min. later they were calling us to get right back for round three........WTF over!
By the semis I had puked coolant all over my engine compartment. I have raced at alot of tracks all over the country, sometimes with hundreds of cars racing against deadlines and NEVER have we been rushed like this.
It was 3:49 when I pulled in my pit area to cool down for the bracket final against Angelo, engine had again blown coolant all over, and I was not going to burn down my engine for one run. They start telling me to get to staging or forfit the final to Angelo.............Now those of you who know me know I got a long fuse, I dont get pissed to easy, but this was REALLY starting to chap my ---!! I didnt drive 850 miles for this kind of bullshit, after all we had the track till at least 4:00
Alan came by and he went up to the tower and got me an extra 10 min. (thanks Alan) so I went up and took my spanking from Angelo and went to cool down......Me, not the car.

About my loss to JT. Not any excuses, JT just plain out drove me, but some of you probably wonder how I could have a 1.026 reaction time in the semi-final.
Well I pre-staged,brought up the rpm against the brake and eased in and staged, set the brakes and applied the micro locks, pushed the throttle down, and rolled right out of the beams!!(*&*%$#), Not enough brk pressure, Was amazed no red lite, so I knew the starter guy hadnt activated the tree, so I backed up and restaged, as soon as the stage lite lit, the tree went amber-green. I was caught with my pants down and no boost....and JT was a gone-gasser. I brought up the boost as I watched JT leave and tried but could not catch that hard charging 16V.
I looked at the time slip after the run and saw the starter guy overrode the compulink auto-start system, says right at the bottom of the slip......'auto start "override" If he had not done that, I would have been able to get boost before the tree activated. I guess he wanted to go have a sandwich or somethin, or maybe he had to take a crap.
I got the SDAC jinx again...........sorry for the long rant. I still had fun.

bakes
07-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Did anyone scale there cars there?

moparman76_69
07-01-2011, 03:48 PM
No scales at the track.

BadAssPerformance
07-01-2011, 06:38 PM
No scales at the track.

The blue thing on the right on the return road is a scale...

moparman76_69
07-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Crap someone had said earlier there weren't any or I'd weighed the van.

dodgeshadowchik
07-01-2011, 07:13 PM
ok, here's the videos edited together from JT's camera. "Teddy Bear" shot it. ;) Thanks for taking on the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vP8AgjYJrw

cordes
07-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Saw this guy on the way back from the car show. Full size versions available in the gallery.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/944/medium/P6260013.JPG

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/944/medium/P6260012.JPG

Reaper1
07-01-2011, 11:20 PM
The sound is WAY out of time with the video... :(

sdac guy
07-02-2011, 12:34 AM
I was the second car in line at the gate at 8:00 tues morn. Barry and Craig were right on time, No track personal had showed up, about 8:30 a gal pulls in and stops to tell me "the gates dont open till 9:00. .....The guy in the pickup truck at the head of the line was a track worker. He had it right, knew the gates were supposed to open at 8, he said the owner was on his way. Just the track lady had it wrong.

I got the feeling that she and the guy in the tower were a little short in the "smart" department. When I was writing out our schedule for the day to give to the tower guy, the owner was standing there and whenever I would make an offhand remark about how we wanted things done, he would tell me, "you should write that down too". After we got started, the owner left it up to the tower guy to run our program. The owner was off working on a project of his. The track manager was around, but didn't get too involved. He did come out to the gate once to ask if he should put more sticky on the track. He had a complaint about it being loose about 500 feet out. I told him to check with you Warren, and with Slowe, and whatever you guys thought would decide the issue. He and the owner told me quite a few times that we were the customer and they wanted us happy.

Oh, how we missed Cliff !!!

Warren you deserve an award for your patience!

Barry

cordes
07-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Cliff ruled.

dodgeshadowchik
07-02-2011, 07:20 AM
The sound is WAY out of time with the video... :(

I'll re-upload it today. it plays fine on the computer... must have uploaded weird or something?

30 PSI SHADOW
07-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Cliff knows his s... He went to the final at maple grove over the weekend...

jckrieger
07-02-2011, 12:36 PM
I ran the GTS at the track on Tuesday, mostly against the green IROC R/T that was running 35 psi of boost. All of my non-passenger runs were between 12.04 and 12.1x. Best mph was 118. I never knew an NHRA track would allow passengers in a car knocking on the 11's door? I nearly got kicked out of my local track for running a 12.8 with a passenger!

BadAssPerformance
07-02-2011, 12:41 PM
The passenger rule is 14.00 and slower...

moparman76_69
07-02-2011, 12:54 PM
I ran the GTS at the track on Tuesday, mostly against the green IROC R/T that was running 35 psi of boost. All of my non-passenger runs were between 12.04 and 12.1x. Best mph was 118. I never knew an NHRA track would allow passengers in a car knocking on the 11's door? I nearly got kicked out of my local track for running a 12.8 with a passenger!

Was that the Maroon colored car?

The passenger rule is 14.00 and slower...

And your not supposed to race in shorts either.

BadAssPerformance
07-02-2011, 12:55 PM
True... Shorts are OK if you pull sweat pants over them :thumb:

jckrieger
07-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Was that the Maroon colored car?

It was the silver Viper :)

And your not supposed to race in shorts either.

The track kicked out my passenger for wearing shorts. They said I could continue running passengers as long as they had pants. Maybe they thought Vipers are 14 second cars?

ATaylorRacing
07-03-2011, 09:24 AM
I have a real stripped down car but I've never been to the dyno... My setup, I figure I'm probably up there pretty close in torque at 20 pounds...

Old Matchbox is REALLY stripped down...1760 lbs at some scales, but its 84 hp sucks!

DodgeZ
07-03-2011, 10:25 AM

best 1/8 was a 7.9 @89
best 1/4 was 12.4 @110

race gas or pump?

forcedfedmopar
07-03-2011, 09:14 PM
race gas or pump?

mixed, had race gas in but burned most of it off during the road rally, then topped up the tank to just under 3/4 with 93.

moparman76_69
07-03-2011, 11:31 PM
It was the silver Viper :)

Wrong GTS lol.

Warren Stramer
07-04-2011, 11:29 AM
With all the people there with video cameras, someone must have more vids...........anybody want to post up?
I got more useful information by looking at MB's photos of my car in the traps than I could have gleaned from 30 data-logs! THANKS Mary Beth!!!!

jckrieger
07-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Wrong GTS lol.

I'll bring an Omni next year. That way there won't be any confusion next time!

sdac guy
07-04-2011, 01:33 PM
The Quick 16 qualifiers were:

1. 132U - Brian Slowe 9.431 @ 153.42
2. E547 - Warren Stramer 10.631 @ 130.03
3. 506 - Jason Trotter 10.882 @ 135.78
4. 501 - Tom Beranek 11.157 @ 128.11
5. 504 - Larry Buford 11.509 @124.20
6. 502 - Eric Selof 11.580 @ 119.22
7. 509 - Robert Mclellan 11.587 @ 132.39
8. 523 - Clark Krieger 12.033 @ 117.00
9. 525 - Carroll Roberts 12.085 @ 117.72
10. 511 - Alan Jones 12.927 @ 112.10
11. 520 - Jeff Mass 12.957 @ 95.39
12. 535 - Jaren Niewinski 13.220 @ 106.06
13. 528 - Warren Hall 13.522 @ 106.54
14. 518 - Jason van Drehle 13.862 @98.81
15. 515 - Jeremy Roberts 13.905 @ 105.75
16. 527 - Jakup Walkosz 16.147 @ 89.60

The first round pairings were:
Qual 1 vs 16 won by 1 - 132U Brian Slowe
Qual 8 vs 9 won by 8 - 523 Clark Krieger
Qual 4 vs 13 won by 4 - 501 Tom Beranek
Qual 5 vs 12 won by 5 - 504 Larry Buford
Qual 3 vs 15 won by 2 - E547 Warren Stramer
Qual 7 vs 10 won by 7 - 509 Robert Mclellan
Qual 3 vs 14 won by 3 - 506 Jason Trotter
Qual 6 vs 11 won by 6 - 502 Eric Selof

Second round pairings:
132U Brian Slowe vs 523 Clark Krieger
504 Larry Buford vs 501 Tom Beranek
E547 Warren Stramer vs 509 Robert Mclellan
506 Jason Trotter vs Eric Selof

Semifinal round saw:
132U Brian Slowe vs 504 Larry Buford
506 Jason Trotter vs E547 Warren Stramer

Final round:
Brian Slowe .237 rt 9.272 et 153.34 mph
Jason Trotter red light (no data for run).

Low ET 9.272 and top speed 158.20 of the Q16 event were by Brian Slowe (but not on the same run).

Barry

TurboRon25
07-07-2011, 01:21 AM
With all the people there with video cameras, someone must have more vids...........anybody want to post up?
I got more useful information by looking at MB's photos of my car in the traps than I could have gleaned from 30 data-logs! THANKS Mary Beth!!!!

Is this what you're looking for?

...now let's see if I can get this right
Ctrl... Alt...

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RPfIgxaPJ_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I need to figure out how to tag the vid right and make a folder so I can upload all the rest of the vids.

edit- Hey look at that!! I sorta did it.

Ron

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPfIgxaPJ_E

Vigo
07-07-2011, 03:20 AM
We need every video posted on this forum from now on to be just like that. seriously.

Ondonti
07-07-2011, 04:35 AM
Wow, those track officials just don't care do they? Watching that video makes me less happy then hearing the story.
It is funny that Warren ripped back up next to JT then couldn't hang with the 137. It seemed like you were going to fly past then....nope!

89FerrariShelby
07-07-2011, 06:13 AM
wow Warren, you weren't kidding. I'm with Ondonti...that vid is depressing.
I'm not much of a track guy (i can't drive my car...johnny b can atest to that lol) but even i know that was QUICK....

rx2mazda
07-07-2011, 08:35 AM
WTF was that?! there was some funky ---- going on with that lane, i redlit too after i staged and i never felt the car move. oh well at least they let you stage again right?

Warren Stramer
07-07-2011, 10:57 AM
WTF was that?! there was some funky ---- going on with that lane, i redlit too after i staged and i never felt the car move. oh well at least they let you stage again right?

If you look close at the video again, you see I pre-staged, then
JT pre-staged, then I stage and roll through the beams BEFORE JT stages. At this point it is not a foul and thus no red lite, so I back out and re-stage and the starter guy overrides the compulink auto start (see botom of time slip) Normally Autostart starts timing down from the moment the first car is fully staged, then gives you 14 seconds for the second car to stage before an automatic foul for the unstaged car. The auto count-down feature is programmable as far as the amount of time you get.
All my time slips for the day had printed on the bottom 'auto start on' except the run against JT.
Just to be clear, JT kicked my A$$ fair and square. Its not his fault I screwed up my routine.
When I got up beside him at about the 800ft.mark we drove together for a short while and he started to drive away, At that point I had nothin for him, I just waved good-by.
IF I would have had just one more second before the starter activated the tree, It would have turned out different.:evil:

Ron, That is a very quality video, Thanks, You got any more? please post them up!!!

DodgeZ
07-07-2011, 11:01 AM
JT pre-staged, then I stage and roll through the beams BEFORE JT stages. At this point it is not a foul and thus no red lite, so I back out and re-stage and the starter guy overrides the compulink auto start (see botom of time slip) Normally Autostart starts timing down from the moment the first car is fully staged, then gives you 14 seconds for the second car to stage before an automatic foul for the unstaged car. The auto count-down feature is programmable as far as the amount of time you get.
All my time slips for the day had printed on the bottom 'auto start on' except the run against JT.
Just to be clear, JT kicked my A$$ fair and square. Its not his fault I screwed up my routine.
When I got up beside him at about the 800ft.mark we drove together for a short while and he started to drive away, At that point I had nothin for him, I just waved good-by.
IF I would have had just one more second before the starter activated the tree, It would have turned out different.:evil:

Ron, That is a very quality video, Thanks, You got any more? please post them up!!!

Wow you guys had the same 1/8th mile MPH.

Reaper1
07-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Wow! Great video! Warren, your car REVS!! HOLY CRAP! I really wish I could have been there to see this in person. Uggh....maybe next year....

Warren Stramer
07-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Wow! Great video! Warren, your car REVS!! HOLY CRAP! I really wish I could have been there to see this in person. Uggh....maybe next year....

Ya, I think I need to take out the 3.05 gears and reinstall the 2.78s. I only gained 24 mph in the last 1/8 on that run. Converter is pretty loose too. This new head and cam rev like a 16V.

jackerman
07-07-2011, 12:36 PM
wow both of those cars are amazing. the fab work from both are pretty sick. makes me wish i had some skills. ill take 2 of each for christmas please. very nice passes and 2 of the badest g bodies. wish i was there

Vigo
07-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Yeah, the way that tree went down makes it less about the car and more about the driver.. and i dont care to bench race about drivers so i wish that light had come down a little slower! Still an impressive show either way.

Warren, are you still on that s50 turbo? I should probably be keeping up with your thread..

And yes, that video was WELL DONE. I wish they were all just like that.

cordes
07-07-2011, 12:43 PM
It looks like Bogen was bought out. This is the new parent company.

http://www.manfrotto.com/category/8374.58969.0.0.0/Tripods

With one of those Ron would seriously be a professional.

Pat
07-07-2011, 12:45 PM
For some reason, the video is not working for me. It's just a black window. Can someone post the link to it?

Warren Stramer
07-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Warren, are you still on that s50 turbo? I should probably be keeping up with your thread..

And yes, that video was WELL DONE. I wish they were all just like that.

Yes, Still standard 50 trim, with .63AR Chrysler turbine hsg. I know I could gain 100HP with a properly sized turbo. Dont know if that would be wise untill I build my High rpm block.
I think that run against JT was a first for SDAC, two 10 sec G bodies that is. It was fun..............

Based on my trap speeds from last fall, I think this 50 trim can go 10teens on a real good track, we will see, lots of racing yet this season out here.

And PLEASE keep the videos coming!!!!

forcedfedmopar
07-07-2011, 01:10 PM
I finally got around to downloading the camera. heres a few that are done downloading, more to come. One of slowe and a few of my car

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/forcedfedmopar/?action=view&current=102_0790.mp4
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/forcedfedmopar/?action=view&current=102_0778.mp4
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/forcedfedmopar/?action=view&current=102_0765.mp4
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/forcedfedmopar/?action=view&current=102_0758.mp4

BadAssPerformance
07-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Is this what you're looking for?

YES, AWESOME RON!!! :thumb;

I am sooo glad you didnt red light, that race was too much fun! You were pulling on me in 3rd until upper RPM, then again in 4th until upper RPM... I need to raise the rev limiter higher than 7k... and fix the trans so i dont have to lose boost granny shifting, LOL

Wow you guys had the same 1/8th mile MPH.

I noticed that too... auto vs. 5 speed of traction vs. high mph in the big end?

Ya, I think I need to take out the 3.05 gears and reinstall the 2.78s. I only gained 24 mph in the last 1/8 on that run. Converter is pretty loose too. This new head and cam rev like a 16V.

What gears did you have in it for the 112mph 1/8?

Yes, Still standard 50 trim, with .63AR Chrysler turbine hsg. I know I could gain 100HP with a properly sized turbo. Dont know if that would be wise untill I build my High rpm block.

...I did offer to go get the HiFi to loan ya ;)

I think that run against JT was a first for SDAC, two 10 sec G bodies that is. It was fun..............

Definitely a first and DEFINITELY FUN!!! :thumb: We need to get you down this way more often! :)

forcedfedmopar
07-07-2011, 05:38 PM
heres a few more,

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/forcedfedmopar/?action=view&current=102_0804.mp4
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f98/forcedfedmopar/?action=view&current=102_0807.mp4

BadAssPerformance
07-07-2011, 06:28 PM
cool vids Jeff... they'd be cooler on youtube ;)

forcedfedmopar
07-07-2011, 07:51 PM
i dont know how....

cordes
07-07-2011, 09:12 PM
i dont know how....

I bet there us a youtube video for that!

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

ETA: There is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O7iUiftbKU

TurboRon25
07-08-2011, 02:15 AM
Well folks, you’re going to have to cut me some slack.
This was my second time grabbing video at the drags, the first was about 10 years ago. I apologize because at times it was more interesting for me to watch the action instead of the camera. Sorry if I cut your time off or your car. I was experimenting with everything from how to hold the camera, to the right way to wear my hat and when to hold my breath. The vids got better as the day progressed.

If you all would like, I also took some test and tune videos that I can post up.

Here are the Q16 round 1 vids

Ron

#1 qualifier Brian Slowe vs #16 qualifier Jakub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECPMZas7qpQ

Qualifiers #2-15
Clark GTS vs Jackson (Carroll) IROC R/T, Tommy SC vs Warren Hall, Jaren vs wrongWD Larry Buford, Jeremy Eclipse vs Warren Stramer, Dr AJ Camaro vs Robert Mclellan, jt vs Jason van Drehle, Eric Selof vs Jeff Mass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMFGmQpRytU

TurboRon25
07-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Sorry I missed round 2

Q16 round 3 (Larry B vs B Slowe)
The other round 3 vid is JT vs Warren S on page 3.

Ron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4yIL89StxE

TurboRon25
07-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Q16 Final

Brian Slowe vs the original 'jt'
Two red cars and a red light.

Ron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZVzyfOmayQ

89FerrariShelby
07-08-2011, 11:26 AM
well...i'm inspired...of to the garage!!!

Vigo
07-08-2011, 01:44 PM
I wanna know what the minivan on the return road in that last video ran.. :p

moparman76_69
07-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Ok so Turboron was the guy up on the last set of bleachers with a tripod cool. That was my van as I was the only turbo van there. I stopped and watched the run before getting my time.

My best run was a 15.23 at 92 with a 2.3 60'. I was on street tires and even with the front lowered and the back stock I unloaded the right front bad enough to spin through first and second on most of my runs. My first 2 runs were 16.9 and 16.9 and most were in the 15.7-15.9 range with 2.7-2.8 60 foots.

Vigo
07-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Wow, that's rough.. those 60's are terrible. When i ran mine as a tbi it 60'd 2.5 consistently, hooking up all 100hp. It was power limited by the 60' mark!!:lol: I havent run it as a turbo... 92mph is pretty damn good for a van, whats the setup?

moparman76_69
07-08-2011, 08:41 PM
stock 2.5, stock head, stock T2 one piece, stock manifold, garrett, knockoff spearco front mount, 20 psi. Most of my trap speeds were 87-90, heavy van on street tires on a track that everyone had trouble hooking on makes for horrible short times. I thought about taking it to a local track that is supposed to be so sticky even low power fwd cars break axles to see what it would do with traction.

Vigo
07-09-2011, 01:19 AM
I broke the axle in my minivan a few weeks ago right in front of the house.. i couldnt believe it! I almost never break the things people say they break, so i was shocked that a part actually failed on one of my cars! haha.

Sounds like a pretty basic, good setup. My aries was about the same mods and dyno'd 320lb ft to the wheels @16 psi.. Ive only had my van up to 14. Anyway, thanks for the info. :)

ATaylorRacing
07-09-2011, 01:28 PM
....My best run was a 15.23 at 92 with a 2.3 60'. I was on street tires and even with the front lowered and the back stock I unloaded the right front bad enough to spin through first and second on most of my runs. My first 2 runs were 16.9 and 16.9 and most were in the 15.7-15.9 range with 2.7-2.8 60 foots.

Old Matchbox usually cuts 2.19-2.29 short times at most tracks, but was cutting 2.250-2.313 At Union Grove in practice, then got a bit worse with a 2.288-2.337 during eliminations, the 2.337 had a bit of tire spin that made my car run off by a bit.

As far as those 2.7-2.8 short times of yours, my 3 banger 19.9 second Geo has 2.5 short times! What is weird is that my 16.6 second SOHC 1st Gen Neon 5 speed is only .005 better! The old Matchbox did not like the headwind or the uphill track! It normally runs 16.7s, but the best it mustered at da Grove was a 17.053 and a 17.056 obtained by shifting at 4750, but to run consistantly I usually shift at 4750 1st to 2nd and then 4500 2nd to 3rd. All the rest of my runs were 17.107-17.162 on 9 passes....dang, now you know why this car makes me a ton of $$$ bracket racing! Off course, it needs a driver too. During practice I averaged a .024 RT with 8 of them being a .004-.018...eliminations are a bit worse with a .039, .070, and a .033 in the final.

turbovanmanČ
07-10-2011, 02:10 AM
[/COLOR]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPfIgxaPJ_E

Awesome, Warren's car sounds like a motorbike, :nod: :partywoot:

ATaylorRacing
07-11-2011, 11:26 AM
And Matchbox sounds like a garden tractor!

Warren Stramer
07-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Awesome, Warren's car sounds like a motorbike, :nod: :partywoot:

Boy, I dont know if that is a compliment or a insult in disguise:D.
I know it got louder with the cam and new head. Listening to the videos, It does sound different than the rest of the cars.
I wonder how it will sound with a big turbo?:lol:

I must be getting senile, cause I thought I had my 3.02 gears in the trans for SDAC, but I serviced the trans and took a look, and what-da-ya-know....I was running with the 3.22s :confused: I just finnished installing the 2.78s...........................I think?

turbovanmanČ
07-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Boy, I dont know if that is a compliment or a insult in disguise:D.
I know it got louder with the cam and new head. Listening to the videos, It does sound different than the rest of the cars.

I must be getting senile, cause I thought I had my 3.02 gears in the trans for SDAC, but I serviced the trans and took a look, and what-da-ya-know....I was running with the 3.22s :confused: I just finnished installing the 2.78s...........................I think?

That's a huge compliment, as if you don't know, I road race motorbikes, and nothing like hearing my GSXR750 scream to 14,000 rpm with a pipe, :partywoot:

Warren Stramer
07-11-2011, 04:26 PM
That's a huge compliment, as if you don't know, I road race motorbikes, and nothing like hearing my GSXR750 scream to 14,000 rpm with a pipe, :partywoot:

I figured so Simon, Thanks for the compliment.

turbo2point2
07-12-2011, 06:29 AM

A bigger turbo will make it sound even more bada$$!

Keep an eye on those trap RPM's vs. mph/driveshaft speed, going to the 2.78 will definitely slip the conveter a lot more.

Thanks for the inspiration at SDAC Warren :thumb:

Warren Stramer
07-12-2011, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=turbo2point2;828087]A bigger turbo will make it sound even more bada$$!

Keep an eye on those trap RPM's vs. mph/driveshaft speed, going to the 2.78 will definitely slip the conveter a lot more.

QUOTE]

Yup, At the same time I'm changing to a higher viscosity trans fluid. Have you ever run Hy-trans tractor fluid?

turbo2point2
07-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Yup, At the same time I'm changing to a higher viscosity trans fluid. Have you ever run Hy-trans tractor fluid?

I use the John Deere Hy-gard TY6342 low viscosity in the BSX. Since I've switched to it, the car runs cooler trans temps than I have ever seen. At SDAC even with the hot lapping, I didn't see over 180 during a pass. The first and second passes the trans temp was below 160 degrees. I also added a half quart of dex/merc to it for easier level indication.

Warren Stramer
07-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Yes, The Hy-gard is available in high and low visc. I'm going to try the higher visc., should tighten up the stall 200-300rpm, and decrease slip %.
I'm debating on gear ratio yet, might have to pull the converter and have it tightened up a bit.

turbovanmanČ
07-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Yes, The Hy-gard is available in high and low visc. I'm going to try the higher visc., should tighten up the stall 200-300rpm, and decrease slip %.
I'm debating on gear ratio yet, might have to pull the converter and have it tightened up a bit.

Hmmmmmm, I need to do a tranny service, maybe I should try that, my converter slips alot.