PDA

View Full Version : Car steers like a bowl of jello

Darkapollo
07-13-2006, 06:59 PM
I have always attributed this to the broken tierod end, so after I got that replaced I was amazed to find out that the car STILL feels like jello. There is so much play in the steering wheel that often times to go straight I have to hold the wheel at 90* or more.

Is there any way to tighten up the steering? It is REALLY annoying.

turbovanmanČ
07-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Jack up the front end, put jackstands under the control arms as far out as possible, then lower onto the jackstands, recheck your front end. You have some very worn components and if that checks out, your control arm bushings are shagged. Check to make sure the rack is tight and not loose, seen that alot, the bolts break off.

Darkapollo
07-13-2006, 07:13 PM
:thumb: Ill check that out this weekend thanks

Jack's Dodge
07-16-2006, 03:12 PM
www.polybushings.com

Look into upgrading to shelby sway bars along with replacing all stock bushings with polybushings. I'll admit I thought the kit was a lil high until took the car out. Made a WORLD of differnce in the controling the car. Make a move toward some better coil springs. Shebly spring are a great bang for the buck, or go all the way with the Koni / Eibach combo.

tryingbe
07-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Cutting out the old bushings can take your hours. :(

turbovanmanČ
07-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Cutting out the old bushings can take your hours. :(

Thats why you pay a shop to install them after you have removed the arms, :thumb:

4cefedomni
07-17-2006, 01:08 AM
burn them out

4cefedomni
07-17-2006, 01:09 AM
just do it away from anything you don't want covered in soot