PDA

View Full Version : Figuring out if my 3 bar Map is junk

Turboomni
06-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Turbo 2 super 60 wiring harness everything is good with emissions stock Smec and injectors.
It will pass inspection and toggles nicely rich lean.
Installed 2 different Cals in my socketed Smec with +40 injectors and 3 bar map. Runs pig rich and wont toggle. Back off the fuel psi to 23 psi and still rich.
I read here when the ignition key is on but the motor is not running the map voltage is 1.60 volts or so. My scanner warns me that map voltage is too high and is a 5.00 volts.
When running at 960 rpm idle map voltage is .6
Should I assume this map is junk?
Any help would be great.

Turboomni
06-10-2011, 03:28 PM
I rechecked my map voltages again. The scanner warning is now gone about high map voltage. Ignition key on not running is 1.6 volts engine running and rev to 0 vacuum and it is the same voltage so I assume the map is ok. Car has decided not to even run now. It's dead. Checked fuel psi and raised it to 35 ..nothing. I got it going finally and applied a vacuum to the map while running[bypassed the baro solinoid]. The voltage went from .6 volts to .2 volts with the vacuum,,but the car still runs rich according to my snap on scanner and my old Cyberdyne O2 guage.
I read here somewhere there were +40 injectors that were much bigger than +40's/ Could that be the problem?