PDA

View Full Version : Baro Sensor Problems

DC Turismo
06-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Upon purchasing my newest CSX, the car ran but was not boosting correctly. After examining things, I found that when the new VNT turbo was installed the vacuum lines were messed up (some left off, some missing, etc). So after getting the vac. harness straightened out, I went to drive the car and it was lunge/sputter at 2k RPM. Talking to a friend, he suggested I unplug the baro sensor and see if it runs any better. BINGO. I figure my baro sensor is bad, so I change it with another one I have figuring it will be fine. Wrong. It ran worst than before (terrible idle). Unplugged it again, and yet once more it runs fine. So currently my baro sensor is unplugged. Should I just leave it unplugged, or get another baro sensor, or look at something in addition? Help appreciated!

shackwrrr
06-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Its not really a sensor, just a solenoid that opens up the map to atmosphere at startup. Just leave it plugged in but just hook up manifold directly to the map bypassing the baro.

cordes
06-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Its not really a sensor, just a solenoid that opens up the map to atmosphere at startup. Just leave it plugged in but just hook up manifold directly to the map bypassing the baro.

Agreed. I would want it hooked up in an area with a lot of elevation change though. From what I can recall of SDAC 17 I would think it to be a good idea for Billy.

Have you tried cleaning out the solenoid or some such? Have you tested either solenoid, or the wiring to them?

DC Turismo
06-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll get it bypassed for now. I haven't done any testing to it as I just found the problem within the last two days. Here's a question, which way should the plug clip on, with the green wire facing the front of the car or the black wire facing the front of the car (it connects both ways).

shackwrrr
06-06-2011, 09:09 AM
its just a coil of wire, either polarity will work.

DC Turismo
06-08-2011, 12:23 AM
Great thanks!