PDA

View Full Version : SDAC-21 - Monday Daytime Events...

BadAssPerformance
06-02-2011, 02:11 PM
OK, we're getting close to the big event and details are getting nailed down.

As planned, we will have the Car Show on Sunday and Drag Racing on Tuesday... which leads everyone to ask "What about Monday during the day?"

Well... we got options!

FUN ROAD RALLY - Monday Morning
In following tradition, we are indeed planning a Fun Road Road Rally event! For those that have participated in recent SDAC ralleys, you know this is a fun event! Right now the tentative plan is to host the Rally on Monday morning... more details to come, but Dave and I are looking to change things up a bit this year... The rally will start and end at the host hotel. --- barry

TECH SESSION - Monday Evening
The tentative Tech Session was in the planning stages for Monday afternoon... but if it happens, now it will be Monday evening at the host hotel Tentatively scheduled to start at 7pm. More details to come, but we hope to have some good historical Shelby Dodge info presented to us by a true authorty on the subject... --- barry

KARTING - Monday - Time TBD
For those that want to get their Kart racing fix on, Lotashelbys (Jackson) has arranged for Sugar River Raceway (http://www.sugarriverraceway.com/) to be open on Monday if we get enough interest. Race time currently TBD but plan to be gone the whole day as it is almost 2hr each way. Minimum of 8 racers needed. $80/driver. To get an idea who is in for this... If you are definitely "IN" for this event, please post in this thread that you are in. Jackson may need a nominal deposit from each driver beforehand (like Saturday at the host hotel or something?) to confirm the track availability.

ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES...
If you have never been to the Chicagoland area and want to take the day to experience the city, suburbs or thousands of attractions, there is an endless list of possible options. Just up the road from our host hotel in Gurnee, Il is a Six Flags Great America Amusement Park / Water Park and across the highway is the huge Gurnee Mills Outlet mall. For other malls... too many to list but I'll note that the Woodflield Mall in Schaumberg, IL may be smaller square footage that MN's Mall of America, but has more retailers.... its huge! Into the city? On a clear day, The Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower) provides the tallest view around and now has observation booths you can actually stand out over the edge of the building, not for those with high anxiety! ... Museums, etc. in the city... the Science and Industry Museum, Field Museum of Natural History, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, Lincoln Park Zoo, Brookfield Zoo, etc, etc...

Well, that's all for now... Please stay tuned to this thread and www.sdac.org (http://www.sdac.org) for more info and updates!

blk86trbo
06-02-2011, 02:14 PM
I want a tour of the Boostcave!

BadAssPerformance
06-02-2011, 02:19 PM
I want a tour of the Boostcave!

This unfortunately will not be on the agenda at this time and made by specific appointment only ;)

rx2mazda
06-02-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm in for karting! I went the last time I was there, its a fun coarse and the carts are fast......J%ckson kicked my --- and spun me out at least three times so, I'm looking for revenge! Should be a fun road rally getting there too.

contraption22
06-02-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm DFW.

moparman76_69
06-02-2011, 09:05 PM
At some point in my trip I'm hitting up the spots from the Man v. Food episode. Mainly Gino's for a deep dish pie.

sdac guy
06-02-2011, 10:50 PM
At some point in my trip I'm hitting up the spots from the Man v. Food episode. Mainly Gino's for a deep dish pie.Uh, might not be necessary. I'm sitting here deciding the menu for hospitality night. We are using the same caterer as at SDAC-14 (Lou Malnati's) and deep dish pizza is certainly on the menu. It was great in 2004 and I suspect it will be good again this year. :thumb:

Please folks don't start suggesting menu selections. We will have a varied menu as usual, with multiple choices. But we also have a budget to stay within. :eyebrows:

Barry

contraption22
06-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Uh, might not be necessary. I'm sitting here deciding the menu for hospitality night. We are using the same caterer as at SDAC-14 (Lou Malnati's) and deep dish pizza is certainly on the menu. It was great in 2004 and I suspect it will be good again this year. :thumb:

Please folks don't start suggesting menu selections. We will have a varied menu as usual, with multiple choices. But we also have a budget to stay within. :eyebrows:

Barry

Lou Malnati's Deep Dish Pizza.... I love you Barry.

88_pacifica
06-03-2011, 08:33 AM
At some point in my trip I'm hitting up the spots from the Man v. Food episode. Mainly Gino's for a deep dish pie.

The OL(old lady) and I went there last Saturday since we did the Chicago thing. A most excellent pizza for sure. Then we hit the Navy Pier(shopping and fireworks) and the Robie House(Frank LLoyd Wright). I gotta say, riding the 'L' train sucks the monkey and you meet some "interesting" people for sure. I liked rolling through the 'ethnic' areas since every nationality is represented. It is kinda like going to different shitbox countries and having people give you the stinkeye. :nod:

However, at the Hyatt Regency there was a 'gay pride' convention of sorts where there were guys in azz-less chaps and the whole nine yards. I couldn't believe how much they DIDN'T have on as opposed to those that did. Needless to say, we kept on our side of the street walking to the Pier...

Oh how Indy is so much more conservative when compared to Chicago! :thumb:

sdac guy
06-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Lets try to keep this on topic please.

Barry

88_pacifica
06-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Lets try to keep this on topic please.

Barry

Sorry... I deviated and I take the blame. :mecry::focus:

2.216VTurbo
06-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Karting is way fun, I'm in:eyebrows:

contraption22
06-04-2011, 06:53 PM
I agree. I'm up for Karting.

JT, you better make arrangements now, so you have time to weigh all the karts to make sure nobody's "cheating". :)

BadAssPerformance
06-05-2011, 12:30 AM
I agree. I'm up for Karting.

JT, you better make arrangements now, so you have time to weigh all the karts to make sure nobody's "cheating". :)

LOL... Why, are you planning to being your 10# bottle backpack? ;)

Lotashelbys
06-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Bump! Anyone else in for 50mph and 2G corner corner load go karts built by myself? Guaranteed fun!!!!

2.216VTurbo
06-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Bump! Anyone else in for 50mph and 2G corner corner load go karts built by myself? Guaranteed fun!!!! Ooo, pick me pick me!:eyebrows:

turbo2point2
06-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Bump! Anyone else in for 50mph and 2G corner corner load go karts built by myself? Guaranteed fun!!!!

I'm in! :)

mcsvt
06-09-2011, 01:39 PM
IN for karting! Just booked my flight and registered.

supercrackerbox
06-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Sorry, $80 is a little steep for me after 3 weeks (and counting) out of work with the back injury. I'm gonna have to do this trip as cheap as possible.

omnigoestohell
06-14-2011, 03:35 PM
count me in for the karting as well.. how much track time does 80$ buy you?

moparman76_69
06-14-2011, 03:37 PM
So is this before or after the fun rally?

sdac guy
06-14-2011, 04:58 PM
So is this before or after the fun rally?Probably at the same time. The rally is an SDAC event and is in our schedule. The karting is just a group of folks that want to do something else. Since it is about a 1.5 - 2 hour drive each way for the karting, I expect it will take up most of the day.

Barry

2.216VTurbo
06-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Probably at the same time. The rally is an SDAC event and is in our schedule. The karting is just a group of folks that want to do something else. Since it is about a 1.5 - 2 hour drive each way for the karting, I expect it will take up most of the day.

Barry

If all goes as planned, I'll have a large and powerful rental with room for 4 passengers to the karting event. That is if 3 of you want to get a lil cozy in the back;) I'd be quick to call shotgun if you are planning on riding along:lol:...

Reeves
06-15-2011, 08:49 AM
I'm probably out on the Karting. Sounds like fun, but 2 hours each way, plus $80 vs. SDAC Fun Run Road Rally starting in the hotel parking lot......well, the fun rally wins. Plus the wife was looking forward to the fun rally. I'd think she'd enjoy that more than watching me go around the go kart track.

Now if it was later in the evening after the fun rally.......

2.216VTurbo
06-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Hmm, good point on the having it later Jimmy, what kind of timing leeway do we have on the timing Jackson?

contraption22
06-16-2011, 09:59 AM
I'd agree. I'd rathe not have to miss out on one or the other.

moparman76_69
06-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Hmm, good point on the having it later Jimmy, what kind of timing leeway do we have on the timing Jackson?

Now that's thinkin with your dipstick Jimmy

http://aroyalpain.com/files/2009/08/dipstick1.jpg

omnigoestohell
06-16-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm in agreement, I'd want to do the karting but would prefer to do both.. if push came to shove though I'd stick w/ karting..

turboshad
06-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Another +1. It was going to be a hard decision between the two.

moparfreak
06-16-2011, 02:27 PM
well, I did the karting last time and i think i took second place< behind Jackson of course. So, unless there ends upbeing a way to do both, i will be doing just the rally. If there is the possibility to do both i will hafta muster up some more dinero for the karting cuz i'd love to do it again! Jeremy

Lotashelbys
06-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Sorry for not watching this thread closer. It really dont matter what time we do it on Monday. My track has lights if it gets late even. I just want to have a time frame by Saturady evening to tell my employees when to come and have karts ready. If you guys want we can do the cheaper format for $60 a driver and thats 10 laps of practice and two 6 lap heat races and an 8 lap feature. Then if you havent had enough its an extra 20 bucks for a 15 lap "grude match" after the feature. Also if we do the $80 format with all 10 lap races if we get 20 guys the price drops to $70 and if we can get 30 the price drops to $60.

I will be at the hotel sometime Friday and all day Saturday so we can go over what we want to do.

sdac guy
06-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Cool deal Jackson!! Heck if it's in the evening I might even go, have to see what my schedule holds first though.

Barry

2.216VTurbo
06-17-2011, 04:37 PM
I like the way this event is shaping up, not having to choose 'one or the other' over the rally is awesome:clap: Hey I might know of an unofficial sponsor for this event to cover some food/drinks/etc:eyebrows:...

Lotashelbys
06-17-2011, 06:21 PM
I like the way this event is shaping up, not having to choose 'one or the other' over the rally is awesome:clap: Hey I might know of an unofficial sponsor for this event to cover some food/drinks/etc:eyebrows:...

U know that guy huh? Ya we can start at any time I pretty much told the guys we are comming but not sure on a time. 5-6-7PM dont really matter to me. We have a patio for any spectators that want to drink beer instead of race also. Thats about as much fun as being in there as im sure the Sh!t talking will get ridiculous before that race and everyone will want to see it for themselves. There will be computer print outs of the races just for the fact of who is really the fastest and would be sweet if it was added into that actual schedule. I should have about 5 of those junk TIII powered cars of mine at the event so im sure we can get some of you "racing go-kart drivers" to the track that dont want to drive or care to drive back because of your accessive alcohol content lol

I heard a story about this Carroll Roberts guy wanting a practice session on Thursday night or something so I hope he dont beat you guys up too bad or anything........

rx2mazda
06-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Well if I cant beat Slowe down the 1320' I'm definitely gonna beat his --- around the curves! I also plan to kick Alan's --- just on GP since he's so fast around his local tracks in his fake Mercedes coupe. :lol:

86Shelby
06-17-2011, 07:42 PM
And that my friends, is calling someone out. :lol:

BadAssPerformance
06-17-2011, 08:42 PM
And that my friends, is calling someone out. :lol:

Carroll is good at that... remember the Pat callout with the burnout on the piece fo paper? Priceless.

OK, back on topic... Jackson, awesome you are flexible with the time! :thumb: We'll have to plan it so its not too late tho with the cruise back to the hotel...

2.216VTurbo
06-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Well if I cant beat Slowe down the 1320' I'm definitely gonna beat his --- around the curves! I also plan to kick Alan's --- just on GP since he's so fast around his local tracks in his fake Mercedes coupe. :lol:

:lol:IIRC last time you were on layover in Cali and I let you drive *my wife's* fake Merc coupe,(all stock back then) I had to put on some of my blue rubber gloves and clean your essence off the dash and steering wheel:yuck: Like a lovesick little girl you were:p

But yeah, bring it on Jacksons kart track, I'm ready:amen:

turbo2point2
06-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Well if I cant beat Slowe down the 1320' I'm definitely gonna beat his --- around the curves!

I'm ready for ya Carroll. Bring a few of those freaky flight attendants along to cheer you up after losing. :evil:

turboshad
06-18-2011, 01:17 AM
I'm ready for ya Carroll. Bring a few of those freaky flight attendants along to cheer you up after losing. :evil:

*waits for yet another picture of Carroll and some random girl he paid for a picture*

rx2mazda
06-18-2011, 08:10 AM
:lol:IIRC last time you were on layover in Cali and I let you drive *my wife's* fake Merc coupe,(all stock back then) I had to put on some of my blue rubber gloves and clean your essence off the dash and steering wheel:yuck: Like a lovesick little girl you were:p

But yeah, bring it on Jacksons kart track, I'm ready:amen:

Lmao! "Essence Of Carroll " I should bottle that sh!t up and sell it!

:lol: good idea on the freaky girls, a nice victory "celebration " in our room afterwards will be the perfect end to my day..........hope you don't mind waiting in the hall!

*waits for yet another picture of Carroll and some random girl he paid for a picture*

Don't worry DJ I'll set my GoPro up on stealth mode and get some nice HD, wide angle footage.....speaking of wide angle, I'll need it to capture me and all my essence.

BadAssPerformance
06-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Don't worry DJ I'll set my GoPro up on stealth mode and get some nice HD, wide angle footage.....speaking of wide angle, I'll need it to capture me and all my essence.

Sooo, you dig on the big girls? That's cool man, they need love too :thumb:

OK, back on topic folks...

Sounds like there are at least the minimum 8 for karting so we'll have to do our bets to see if these two event can happen and not overlap

2.216VTurbo
06-18-2011, 04:27 PM
So let me get this strait, we have the 8 required and Jackson didn't even mention that there is FREE unlimited pizza and malted beverage at the Kart Track:eyebrows:?? How many we gonna have now when the thrifty/on a tite budget SDAC attendees hear about that:lol:

Radiant_Red
06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
The cubs are playing Monday afternoon any idea how far wrigley is from the hotel?

ShelGame
06-23-2011, 08:56 PM
The cubs are playing Monday afternoon any idea how far wrigley is from the hotel?

About 45min. Tickets will be hard to get now that schools out. But, it sounds like fun. I lived in Chicago for 5 years and never went to a Cubs game...

shmedley
06-24-2011, 12:11 AM
About 45min. Tickets will be hard to get now that schools out. But, it sounds like fun. I lived in Chicago for 5 years and never went to a Cubs game...

Not as hard as you would think. They are bad this year and the beer garden is not as full as it once was

Radiant_Red
06-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Day game at Wrigley 1:20pm

stub hub was full of tix so ya it did not really look hard to get any or i would have purchased them off the website but will get them at the gates in case anyone else is interested in coming..

J&H Ryan
06-26-2011, 06:02 PM
So what's news on the go carting and road rally?