PDA

View Full Version : You know you're fixing stuff when you start breaking stuff

The S is Silent
07-11-2006, 06:18 PM
I hate when this crap happens. It looks like I disconnected everything from the engine except one thing. I missed the speedo cable. I forgot to disconnect it from the speed distance sensor, and then pulled the engine out of the van. It didn't take much of a tug with the entire engine and transmissino pulling on it, and now as a result of my stupidity, I have to replace the cable AND the sensor. Woo hoo.

But...on a high note, I have the engine out, and later tonight I'll post pics of what I find.

rare_ram
07-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Don't feel bad, I did the same thing when I did the engine swap on my Rampage.

ottawa rogue
07-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Just about did that pulling the trans in the lebaron last week-caught it at the last minute:D

The S is Silent
07-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Just about did that pulling the trans in the lebaron last week-caught it at the last minute:D

What kind of irks me is that usually my dad is there to lend a hand, but he was at work. He most definitely would have caught it and avoided the whole situation, because he usually just makes sure I'm clear when I'm jacking the hoist up. Oh well...cest la vie.

cordes
07-11-2006, 10:36 PM
I know hot that goes for sure. I ripped the PS pump appart when I forgot to unbolt the pressure line once.

shadow88
07-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I've broken many a ground strap pulling heads off 318-360's.
Always makes you feel bad when it's more expensive or difficult.

Darkapollo
07-12-2006, 06:56 PM
I broke a timing chain cover on a saturn once, there was one bolt I couldnt see, and when it wasnt coming appart, out came the 3' crowbar... I had to buy a new cover about 30 seconds later.. :lol:

ottawa rogue
07-12-2006, 08:05 PM
What kind of irks me is that usually my dad is there to lend a hand, but he was at work. He most definitely would have caught it and avoided the whole situation, because he usually just makes sure I'm clear when I'm jacking the hoist up. Oh well...cest la vie.
Gee, that sounds really familiar, i got tired of waiting for someone to be able to help me, so i said"screw it, it's coming out"
working alone can be a pain sometimes