PDA

View Full Version : L Body Bosh Altenator Tensioner

PunKid
05-17-2011, 10:14 AM
I think I am missing a part of the tensioner. both my GLH-T and the parts car GLH-T seam to be missing a peice of the tensioner that the Bosh Alt uses. I know this is kinda tough to explain without a picture. But I have the long threaded bolt that is the tensioner, but its only mounted in one spot on the altentor. In other words what ever it is suppose to push against (maybe a braket off the water pump) is missing. I really dont even know what it should look like.

Can someone snap a photo of what it should look like? I have two GLH-Ts and a couple boxes from a 3rd one that a PO parted out so I might have it but I don't know what it looks like.

Currently I can get the belt semi tight, but it squeals in the rain and sometimes when reving it.

Juggy
05-17-2011, 11:26 AM
that screw that goes through the alternator/bracket, should be mated ("Teed") to another screw, that goes through the top of the bracket. when u tighten the top screw on the bracket it will lift the alternator up by the screw that you have going through the hole in the alternator
it seems like u got the bracket and the alternator bolt, just not the actual tensioner screw!

PunKid
05-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Got any pictures?

PunKid
05-24-2011, 12:07 PM
I think I found a picture of the parts I am missing (I found a thread on the other site)
http://i27.tinypic.com/wludtg.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/2uj5nht.jpg

I am missing that small bracket to the bottom right that the tensioner bolt pushes off of.

Anyone have one of those kicking around?

Juggy
05-25-2011, 12:53 PM
ok heres what i had setup on my L body

and the CB stuff on my lancer

hope this helps, i never seen the stuff your using....

PunKid
06-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Ha what luck! I was in the process of removing the engine and trans from my parts GLH-T and when I was removing the altenator I found the bracket. The PO put the braket on the wrong side and upside down haha!