PDA

View Full Version : 2011 TC Nationals in Walnut Creek

2.216VTurbo
05-16-2011, 11:11 AM
So it's time for a couple days of hanging out with the old folks and talking about how TC's were so maligned by the press, I swear that conversation comes up every year;)

We're in Walnut Creek CA this time thru Wednesday, my drive yesterday in the Yellow TC was about 425 miles. I think this was my first long drive with the 72pph inj/cal mileage was not great:p 19.1 gallons used or about 22MPG. I suppose since I was in boost 75% of the time that's not terrible.

Coming over the grapevine north of LA there was a Porsche Cayanne Turbo that wanted a run up to about 125. I had 10 car lengths on him by then but he had the last laugh. The TC started choking and sputtering so I had to pull off. Map sensor feed line blew out of the 4 way connector, that thing is getting soft and rotten:( Plugged it back in and threw a zip tie at it for good measure.

After 9 by the time I got in last night, there are 15 or so Masis in the parking garage but only 1 other 16V car:( At least that one is the 1 of 1 car, the 91 white/Bordeaux/5spd built for a Chrysler exec, last TC ever built.

I'll add pics in as I get them.

contraption22
05-16-2011, 11:40 AM
I saw one at the Mopar meet at Englishtown NJ on Saturday. Judging by the sound and the smoke, it was a 3.0L.

Spycker
05-16-2011, 11:43 AM
holy hell! where in walnut creek? i can drive there right now!

2.216VTurbo
05-16-2011, 03:19 PM
holy hell! where in walnut creek? i can drive there right now!

Embassy suites on Treat st, we are headed over to the Best Buy parking lot for some demos for the rest of the afternoon.