PDA

View Full Version : Best choice for 16v head

Anonymous_User
07-11-2006, 04:39 PM
I find myself thinking more and more of a 16v conversion. With all the options available for a 16v head, which would be the best choice?

1.) Neon
2.) Masi
3.) Lotus

I know one will require fabirication (not a problem). One will require a lot of cash and some luck finding.

My one stipulation is that I must retain my distributor, preferably in the stock location.

Speedeuphoria
07-11-2006, 07:20 PM
1) neon head
it is by far the cheapest and parts are cheap, flows good stock and gets better w/ porting, thats why everyone is doing it

or just swap in a 2.4 and auto for an easy swap

tryingbe
07-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Neon.

turbovanmanČ
07-12-2006, 02:11 AM
TIII. I am lazy and want to just bolt it on, with minimal hassle and I want to retain my a/c. :nod:

Neon would be next and Masi, forget it. Good luck finding one or if you do, robbing a bank is the only option to get the cash to buy it.

BadAssPerformance
07-12-2006, 02:14 AM
TIII. I am lazy and want to just bolt it on, with minimal hassle and I want to retain my a/c. :nod:

+1... SMP has proven the capability too :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
07-12-2006, 02:50 AM
Would I seem biased if I voted for a Masi set up:lol:

He did say he wanted to keep a distributor...

Anonymous_User
07-12-2006, 07:24 AM
Just curious - IF one were to find a Masi head, how much would one expect to pay for it? I haven't noticed any sell in the last few years unless it was a complete car.

hybridshadow
10-31-2006, 12:26 AM
get a 2.4 head. there are tons and tons of breeze/stratus cars in the yards these days, and almost all of em have the 2.4 engine. 2.0 neon dohc heads are harder to find and usually have had the holy piss run out of em- warped and cracked almost every time(at least around me) forget the lotus or masi head, too much cash too much searching. leave those things to a collector.
besides all the neon and srt valvetrain stuff bolts right on and that stuff is relatively cheap if you know where to look