PDA

View Full Version : arp fasteners

shayne
05-14-2011, 04:34 PM
does anyone know if arp offers head and main studs for the 6g72 sohc. i thought i saw a main stud kit but it looked like the kit was for a 6g72 that has 4 studs per main bearing. also would head studs for a 24v either sohc or dohc work on our motors? if someone knows please post up part#'s too
thanks, shayne

Ondonti
05-14-2011, 06:56 PM
OEM (mitsu) headbolts are better then the available ARP brand bolts. The only actual upgrade is a tool steel bolt set, either H11 or L19 or something like that. Never seen a point as many different people are now doing 1000whp on OEM headbolts. I reuse OEM bolts over and over.

The mains....use 1G DSM ARP headbolts, but even for the DSM, the 1G headbolts are better (thats what i am using in my Duster). There is no real point to upgrading the mains until you are really putting down some big power. I have OEM 1G DSM headbolts torqued to 90 ft/lb on the mains. I actually just got the set out of the junkyard. Broke my 10mm allen removing them!
The online information for DSM headbolts is confusing because 2nd Generation DSM's use crappy TTY headbolts, so the ARP are a huge upgrade for 2nd gen motors.

RoadWarrior222
05-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Bah, another pointlessly overengineered part, ima rifle drill them, save 8oz, ;-)