PDA

View Full Version : I'm hooked

kleiner
05-14-2011, 02:51 PM
First time racing. Went to the local track and had bakes and turbovanman helping me out.
Bakes throws his slicks on my car, and I'm nervous, but smiling. Go to line up and someone blew there car down the track so i had to wait about 40mins. they call us back and I line up. 1st run I mess it all up, miss second, miss third, time was 17 something.
I was watching the A/F guage and it was at its lowest setting 10. So we tried to hook up a socketed 87. After a few trials we determined the computer was toast. So we had to rewire the old 86 LM back up. Ok so I go out again this time I'm gonna launch it at 4000. It was awsome, :evil: the car just stuck, and pulled strong. Hit second still pulling and missed 3rd :banghead:. 14.7 at 95MPH. I could not get the grin off my face. It was awsome. So I ran about 4 more times with about the same results, I kept missing third, my shifter is too slopy. The whole time I was still running so rich, Bakes kept trying to turn down the Fuel Pressure. But the car was still running in the 10s on the guage.
I am totally looking forward with the potential of this car though.
I got a list of things to do. And gonna come back to run her again hopefully with a cal.
Just want to say thanks for the help bakes
Kleiner

turbovanmanČ
05-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Its fun, but right now, you guys are laughing, there is NO ONE there, :(

I hope be to out there in a few weeks, then maybe I'll let you try the van, :evil:

shayne
05-14-2011, 04:13 PM
you should have seen the race form my spot when your car busted into the 14's your car blew that tiburon out of the hole and the whole track length you just kept pulling away. makes me jealous, id like to get my car running soon. congrats man, just imagine what happens from now on, itll only get better!

turbovanmanČ
05-14-2011, 05:07 PM
you should have seen the race form my spot when your car busted into the 14's your car blew that tiburon out of the hole and the whole track length you just kept pulling away. makes me jealous, id like to get my car running soon. congrats man, just imagine what happens from now on, itll only get better!

Git r done, :p

blk86trbo
05-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Way to go, sounds like a great time! What kind of car were you driving...did anyone get pics?

BadAssPerformance
05-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Sweet story! And welcome to the club of the rest of us 1/4 mile addicts, LOL! :thumb:

Please post your time/details in the "Drag Times" link in my sig and we can all keep track of your progress :thumb:

4cefedomni
05-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Congratulations!
Just be carefull and go slow with the tuning! I turned up the wick too fast last time out at mission and hurt my turbo.

turbovanmanČ
05-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Way to go, sounds like a great time! What kind of car were you driving...did anyone get pics?

Converted TII Omni.

No pics that I know of, we were busy trying to get the TII LM working and my kids were all over the place, lol.

bakes
05-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Hey your welcome I loved your $hit eating grin when you pulled back into the pits it was from ear to ear , It made my day seeing you cut your teeth.
we will get your car sorted out in time just need to get that gear box swaped out and the FPR issue fixed ( Ps Dick has a 3 bar for ya)

And like i said you remeber that day for the rest of your life!!

boost geek
05-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Thanks to James, I'll be at the next race.:hail:

kleiner
05-15-2011, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the props, I got a pic with the slicks on, looks like a mean groacery getter. I got to figure out how to get it from my phone to here, probably tomorrow.
Driving the van, can't imagine what that feels like.
Looking forward to a bunch of us being there at once. That'l be a blast

bakes
05-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Wait till i teach you how to heat the slicks up the you really feel like your shot out of cannon.
email the pic to Dick and he can post it for ya.
Ps, you need to find a legal hellmet know !!!!!!

bakes
05-15-2011, 11:58 AM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?56517

you need to put your PB"S here

PunKid
05-15-2011, 01:27 PM
So whats done to the car? and what was the best run of the night?

4cefedomni
05-15-2011, 01:35 PM
From the sounds of it we're gonna have a lot of cars out at mission this year!!!
I'm pretty excited to see another omni out there, makes me want to get mine finished.

boost geek
05-15-2011, 04:55 PM
From the sounds of it we're gonna have a lot of cars out at mission this year!!!
I'm pretty excited to see another omni out there, makes me want to get mine finished.

Well, what's takin' ya so long?

4cefedomni
05-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Me being lazy and low on funds. At least i have gotten out racing this year. And once I get tink fixed I'll be back