PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1990 Dodge Daytona C/S VNT 1 of 21 made

ShelbyLancer282
05-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Date: 05th May 2011
Username: ShelbyLancer282
Full Name: Devin Souza
City, State, Zip: slc utah 84115

I decided to put this up just cuz I really miss my old small block mopars and well outside this car I'm tired of turbo dodges and the drama/bs with the td scene. This is a super nice well cared for car that had its maintenance always done as evidenced by its shape. Its one of 21 ever made so its the rarest of the production turbo chryslers. Its got a new head hg, and related hardware. Also newer paint some chips and scratches, interior is mint no dash cracks seats and carpet are perfect. Headliner is perfect too. Its two tone black and grey interior. vnt was rebuilt at some point boosts 14psi lights up tires easily in 2nd. No rust perfect floors,rails etc. Glass is all good, newer goodyear tires, just changed oil with full synthetic amsoil 10/30. The bad the odometer stopped working about 1500 or so miles ago at 210332? I have to look again. This car gets alot of compliments cuz it is super nice. I just want to move on and see her go to good mopar guy who will appreciate and care and enjoy her and not just get it for beating on it as she is practically irreplaceable, I mean there were only 21 ever made so ya lol. But lmk I have alot of pix on phone just cant get them on here.

MNmopar
05-05-2011, 10:20 AM
a price would be a good first step in the selling process...

ShelbyLancer282
05-05-2011, 11:46 AM
My bad early morning lol 2500.

moe44688
05-05-2011, 01:53 PM
wow thats crazy, I just decided last night this is the next car I'm gonna buy. I figured since its rare it would give me time to put the money together..... guess not....

Free bump

Vigo
05-05-2011, 03:44 PM
How did you figure out it was 1 of 21 made? If that's true ill feel a little bad about the 90 Daytona C/S VNT i disemboweled at the junkyard 3 weeks ago.

Harold
05-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Yes,
that white vnt cs you were taking a part in the junkyard sold at an insurance auction that I couldn't get a bid on in time. I tried to track it down before it was parted so it could be saved. Glad you got the parts but it was a very rare car.

Harold

ShelbyLancer282
05-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Vigo, go look around and see its between 21 and 36 according to Ralph Scott, Brett Lindsey and every other mopar guru. and ya it sucks one was scrapped but that means this is now 1 of 20 then right?

According to NADA the C/S VNT With 210k miles with factory AC in average which this car is easilu in is 6k and low is 4k so I think 2500 is more than fair.

JohnnyIroc
05-05-2011, 04:29 PM
i think 36 90s and 21 91s or something around the lines of that...
sounds like a sweet cars

Turbo224
05-05-2011, 06:25 PM
I have seen this car and can confirm it's condition. The car was originally black, but it has been painted silver. The door jams were painted, but under the hood and the inside of the hatch was not. Overall the repaint looks pretty good though. The passenger side door is missing the trim, so thats really needs to be replaced and the car will look great. The interior is mint and looks really good with the gray/black combo. It looks like it has a brand new (Chinese cast) head on it so I assume the head gasket was changed at that time. For anyone who is interested, you will have to take the sellers word for the running condition of the car, and whether there is rust or not.

Free bump

Vigo
05-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Yes,
that white vnt cs you were taking a part in the junkyard sold at an insurance auction that I couldn't get a bid on in time. I tried to track it down before it was parted so it could be saved. Glad you got the parts but it was a very rare car.

Harold

Harold, you from around here? Sorry you didnt get to bid on it, i would rather have seen it in one piece than parted out but the yard wont let you buy whole and i figured if anyone is going to get the parts, better if its enthusiasts. We took the shortblock, turbo, trans, and rad/ic. Those parts went between 3 people. There are plenty of other good parts on it still if you know anyone who needs them.

According to NADA the C/S VNT With 210k miles with factory AC in average which this car is easilu in is 6k and low is 4k

:confused: What ivory tower do they live in? That's a JOKE. Not that your car isnt worth 2.5K, it very well might be, but a clapped out 90 daytona being worth 6k is frankly laughable, VNT CS doesnt add nearly that much in the real world.

ShelbyLancer282
05-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Well be that as it may my car aint clapped out in any way, Thousands was spent redoing interior and maintaining the car mechanically so ya uhm anyways. But I doubt anyone will ever find another clean rust free VNT C/S in this shape for less I mean they only made 21 and well 1 is dead in a texas jy so that makes 20 left so it may not be worth 6 grand now but I dare anyone try finding one this solid for less. Bump to top have had a few calls/texts but no solid offers yet.

Ubmbass
05-10-2011, 10:07 PM
I have to say, I'm not a big fan of this body style, but I have looked at this car in person, and it's in damn good shape. Runs good too..

ShelbyLancer282
05-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Thx guys its no sexy black dohc omni but it is nice I think.

ShelbyLancer282
05-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Bump and if car sell for asking price the fmic and blow off and s60 computer unless the fmic sell locally first.