PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to buy a swaybar

trannybuster
04-28-2011, 05:31 PM
I installed some Potenza tires and they have VERY heavy sidewalls and I after I had them installed I always had a annoying bounce, the tire tech said I had a rim that was 'not quite right', long story short Ive been living with it as they are cent's so I cant very well go buy one right away. I installed the swaybar and it all but got rid of the bounce, even at 125mph it wasnt all that bad.

bfarroo
04-28-2011, 07:39 PM
You were running without one? I tried it on my Ice car as some said it would steer better and it was like driving a boat, the car would roll terribly. Ended up putting the shelby z bar back on.

Force Fed Mopar
04-28-2011, 08:24 PM
A swaybar is not going to "cure" the bounce, only mask it. Sounds like you have a bad shock.

trannybuster
04-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Yeah, the shocks may be weak, I have a brand new set of Konis that are due to go on but the old ones were not thhat bad (so I thought). I was running with the 'stock' sway bar, which might as well be nothing.

RoadWarrior222
04-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Well if the tire itself is heavier, then it could ride worse than what you had on before.

trannybuster
04-29-2011, 07:08 PM
As we all know tires can be a pita to keep balanced, also you can pick up mud, ice inside rims, so its nice to have something that will tame these annoying instances as normally alien debry fall off or melts. Thats kinda my point..the tire tech knew right away that one rim was out by the way it balanced and the sway bar is 'masking it' and perhaps new shocks will mask it further, but I like having hardware to counteract these things AND my car handles 90% better.....

RoadWarrior222
04-29-2011, 11:55 PM
I always stick a doubtful rim/tire on the back passenger side.

trannybuster
04-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Lol yeah thats where it went....!!

Rrider
05-29-2012, 02:38 AM
Speaking of "other reasons to buy a swaybar.."

It feels like I could save 2 or 3 mpg with the sway bar on my van. I can comfortably carry about 10mph more thru each turn.. and I'm not talking about driving quickly. Just regular city driving with a bunch of 90 degree turns..

I'd also swear there were some creaks and pops that are not there anymore. I guess that makes sense since it was leaning so badly before.

Great upgrade!