PDA

View Full Version : Turbonator-R: Race-type codebase for the SMEC/SBEC

ShelGame
04-27-2011, 10:35 AM
OK, so now that I have a good handle on the 3D tables and the fuel calculations, I'd really like to build an 'ultimate' codebase for the SMEC and SBEC. I would include the 3D tables and lookups from the T3 (but simplify the 2D input tables), and I would include the current Turbonator features. But, what else could/should be included? I'd like to do a SWOL function, but that would require adding a clutch switch. Which means you'd have to lose and input from somewhere (cruise, A/C, etc.).

So, let's have some discussions about what you'd like to see in a Race-type codebase...

What is a must-have? More options for boost control? Simplified boost control? BOV Control?

What would you be willing to give up? Purge control? Cruise?

CCD Bus code I think is safe to give up since none of these cars really use it except for some '91's.

OK, from scanning the thread so far, here's the potential feature list:

1) 3-step rev limiter (burnout, staging, normal), spark cut
2) NOS Control
3) Alky Control
4) Bang-Bang anti-lag (needs the spark cut rev limiter to work)
5) SWOL (will have to add a clutch switch)
6) 3D Tables from later code, simplified
7) WB feedback control
8) LU Converter control

Features we can get rid of:

a) Purge control
b) EGR
c) CCD Bus

Force Fed Mopar
04-27-2011, 10:49 AM
I would imagine on a car using a full race tune, purge and cruise could be done without :) Probably could lose the EGR instead of cruise, if you wanted to keep that (there is an EGR input right?).

bakes
04-27-2011, 11:00 AM
I would like to see Nos controls added:love: to the Retard controls that you Made for me ( haven't test it yet sorry Rob had to replace my new cylinder head:( )

egr and canister are good to get rid of.

Nos controls : on /off , rpm on/off , veh speed on, blocked when on the 2 setp

Force Fed Mopar
04-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Maybe a real rally-style antilag, the kind that goes bang-bang-bang :evil: I've had a bee in my bonnet wanting to build an 8v w/ this for a while now. Be awesome for the mountains and rally/hill climb events.

bakes
04-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Mabey a 5th injector

ShelGame
04-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Mabey a 5th injector

It's possible using a V6 SMEC. What would you use the 5th for?

bakes
04-27-2011, 02:29 PM
What about Wot shifting cutout ( needs clutch switch) with speed activation.

Pat
04-27-2011, 02:53 PM
I have no idea what is possible or what you had in mind, but here's the wish list that I can think of:

SWOL shifting
NOS activation/control
burnout rev limit
spark cut staging limiter
Wideband target A/F for WOT - (that would be cool!)

Thanks for all you do. I've been reading up on your work quite a bit the last few months and am just about to start messing with T-SMEC for my Aries. Can't wait!

Pat

Juggy
04-27-2011, 03:03 PM
+1 to WOT shifting

bakes
Trans brake control
the trans brake Simon/ don has uses the a lock up sol in a modified valve body

and a 3.ol turbo cal:nod:

Juggy
I have no idea what is possible or what you had in mind, but here's the wish list that I can think of:

SWOL shifting
NOS activation/control
burnout rev limit

Thanks for all you do. I've been reading up on your work quite a bit the last few months and am just about to start messing with T-SMEC for my Aries. Can't wait!

Pat

burnout limiter?!?!? comon.....thats what your foot is for!!!! keep it steady and shred those slicks. i rarely pop the limiter on a burnout

shelbymonster
04-27-2011, 03:18 PM
- alky/nos control
- wot shift limiter
- staging limiter
- multi boost target ? like 10-15-20-25 psi ?? on a knob switch using the stock solenoid
- open loop o2 feedback ?

Pat
04-27-2011, 03:33 PM
burnout limiter?!?!? comon.....thats what your foot is for!!!! keep it steady and shred those slicks. i rarely pop the limiter on a burnout

You're right. Might as well ditch the staging limiter too...that's what the right foot is for! :-)

A second rev limiter for the burnout would make it much easier to get the same heat in the slicks, consistently, run after run, for a more consistent launch. I see this as a big help for those making big power, particuarly with a 5 speed, who are always on the ragged edge of traction.

roachjuice
04-27-2011, 03:43 PM

SWOL shifting
NOS activation/control
burnout rev limit

Pat

I like this mans thinking.

Force Fed Mopar
04-28-2011, 12:24 AM
- multi boost target ? like 10-15-20-25 psi ?? on a knob switch using the stock solenoid

We can already do this w/ the FourPlay/DoublePlay Rob sells.

shackwrrr
04-28-2011, 12:38 AM
No part throttle maps. One map for fuel, one for spark with more resolution.
Spark cut anything
Rally antilag - AIC open all the way, super rich, stupid retarded ignition.
I would like to keep cruise, since Im sure many will run this on the street.

Also couldnt you just do a more simple 3d table, more like megasquirt where you plug in map and rpm and it spits out a PW. then simple 2d table multipliers for intake temp, knock retard, Ect?

Juggy
04-28-2011, 11:02 AM
No part throttle maps. One map for fuel, one for spark with more resolution.
Spark cut anything
Rally antilag - AIC open all the way, super rich, stupid retarded ignition.
I would like to keep cruise, since Im sure many will run this on the street.

Also couldnt you just do a more simple 3d table, more like megasquirt where you plug in map and rpm and it spits out a PW. then simple 2d table multipliers for intake temp, knock retard, Ect?

i dont know if u can just elimate a map....but you could just do what they did with the S60 cal and match PT table to WOT

ShelGame
04-28-2011, 11:21 AM
i dont know if u can just elimate a map....but you could just do what they did with the S60 cal and match PT table to WOT

Sure you can, just not sure if that's a good idea. You don't really want to run WOT-rich all the time do you? If you did that, you would basically have to remove the O2 sensor completely...

Aries_Turbo
04-28-2011, 01:16 PM
you can do the burnout limiter with the fourplay/doubleplay as well pat. have one cal with a lower limiter and select that cal with the fourplay/doubleplay knob when doing a burnout. just remember to switch it back. :)

id want a cal with as much unnecessary code modules as possible for speed.... like running a screaming 2.0L at 8k.

id also want lockup TC control. :)

Brian

shackwrrr
04-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Sure you can, just not sure if that's a good idea. You don't really want to run WOT-rich all the time do you? If you did that, you would basically have to remove the O2 sensor completely...

WOT should only be 0in/hg and up. PT 0 and down.

Pat
04-28-2011, 06:32 PM
WOT should only be 0in/hg and up. PT 0 and down.

That would be awfully sloppy. If speed is a concern, there's plenty to eliminate before you eliminate PT operation. Some racers do more than just drag race...auto cross, road race, etc.

zin
04-29-2011, 04:43 AM
This is great! I'm liking alot of the suggestions so far...

I'd add progressive control of the N2O/Alky... It would be great if you could choose the mode, say throttle based, or RPM. These two would do best on the street/road course, a time based progressive lends itself to drag racing... In a perfect world we would be able to plot a curve to match traction...

Which brings up another "wish list" item, traction control. I doubt we could do much more than drop timing if RPMs came up faster than the rate selected by the user, that is to say if the RPMs come up as fast as a 10 sec car, but you're driving a 12sec car, it would chop timing or maybe kick in that elusive spark limiter...

I would not want to drop the PT part of the program, as it would make this a Drag-Only kind of tune, I'd like to take it to the street/road course... Other than O2 feedback (wide band please!), I say dump the emissions BS!

Maybe Rob should start a list on his 1st post to catalog the possible/most popular features suggested to keep track and reduce repeats?

Very excited about this project's prospects!

Mike

ShelGame
04-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Trans brake control
the trans brake Simon/ don has uses the a lock up sol in a modified valve body

and a 3.ol turbo cal:nod:

What would the computer do to control the trans brake? I though it was just an on/off type deal? What would you have the computer do that can't be done with a button?

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

you can do the burnout limiter with the fourplay/doubleplay as well pat. have one cal with a lower limiter and select that cal with the fourplay/doubleplay knob when doing a burnout. just remember to switch it back. :)

id want a cal with as much unnecessary code modules as possible for speed.... like running a screaming 2.0L at 8k.

id also want lockup TC control. :)

Brian

That's actually a good idea. I hadn't though of using the FourPlay to have different rev limits...

I was already playing around with cutting T-SMEC down to 16k to get 4 of them to fit on a 27SF512 (for FourPlay purposes).

Unfortunately, LU control was one of the things I had to kill to get it down to 16k...

ShelGame
04-29-2011, 07:31 AM
I saw someone mention keeping cruise control.... The problem is going to be that we have a limited number of inputs and outputs. It will simply not be possible to have, for example - cruise, NOS, and alky all at the same time; there's just not enough I/O.

shelbymonster
04-29-2011, 08:31 AM
for the alky control , can it be progressive ? to much power demand for the smec ?

Force Fed Mopar
04-29-2011, 09:03 AM
I saw someone mention keeping cruise control.... The problem is going to be that we have a limited number of inputs and outputs. It will simply not be possible to have, for example - cruise, NOS, and alky all at the same time; there's just not enough I/O.

I think it was me, but I wasn't saying I wanted it, just musing about what could be dropped in order to keep it IF someone wanted to keep it. Which isn't like if they are running a race tune :)

ShelGame
04-29-2011, 09:06 AM
for the alky control , can it be progressive ? to much power demand for the smec ?

Progressive how?

shelbymonster
04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Progressive how?

the progressive controls are only limiting voltage at the pump at lower rpm

1BADVAN
04-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Pat

This i think would be by far the best tuning improvement, from what little i know of megasquirt it does this and people seem to love it. I mean Can you right the code to read a wideband O2 instead of a narrow band, then have the fuel adjustments all based off of that instead of a narrow band. Then the computer could "learn" And compensate for our small fuel tuning errors. This would be great especially if it worked a WOT, as i understand it the computer now only adjusts under PT.

Aries_Turbo
04-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Unfortunately, LU control was one of the things I had to kill to get it down to 16k...

Cmon! reason being, i plan on possibly using a SMEC on a neon with an atx with lockup. can i have a bloated version? :)

bakes
04-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Trans brake safe operation : ON one push of the button( brake has to be on) , speed has to be 0 MPH , Smec locks the trans , brake is dropped but trans is now locked , WOT then the button is hit one more time releasing , brake can't be reset until 0 mph

Force Fed Mopar
04-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Cmon! reason being, i plan on possibly using a SMEC on a neon with an atx with lockup. can i have a bloated version? :)

Just put a switch on the shifter ;)

Aries_Turbo
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Just put a switch on the shifter ;)

negative. ill forget to switch it off.

i could do a microcontroller to do it but id rather the computer do it automatically. besides, it can be left in. ill just have to use 32k of a eeprom. thats fine with me.

brian

shackwrrr
04-29-2011, 04:19 PM

i could do a microcontroller to do it but id rather the computer do it automatically. besides, it can be left in. ill just have to use 32k of a eeprom. thats fine with me.

brian

Quit being like simon, lol

Force Fed Mopar
04-29-2011, 06:28 PM

brian

So use a momentary switch :p

Aries_Turbo
04-29-2011, 06:58 PM
you turds.....

im going to put viruses in your cals. 50psi viruses, with not enough fuel and simonlike timing. :)

zin
04-29-2011, 07:32 PM
the progressive controls are only limiting voltage at the pump at lower rpm

Progressive control in my mind is PWM an output based on another input, for alky, I'd probably base it off of injector pulse width or RPM, though it would require a "control" solenoid (pump would run at full power, the flow would be controlled by the PW of the solenoid), any fuel solenoid from a nitrous kit would do, but I would want to run it via a separate relay so as to not risk frying a custom ECU...

Mike

ShelGame
04-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Well, why not just use a V6 smec and use the 3rd injector driver to contfol the alky injector?

zin
04-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Well, why not just use a V6 smec and use the 3rd injector driver to contfol the alky injector?

This is very intriguing! Are there enough control outputs on a V6 SMEC/SBEC to fully control a turbo engine? If so I can't imagine using anything else!

Mike

Just caught that about the 3rd injector, don't the turbos use 4 drivers?

ShelGame
04-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Nope, turbo SMEC's use 2 drivers - 2 banks of 2. The V6's are 2 banks of 3. The only problem is, the timer used in the turbo code to control the wategate PWM is the same one used to control injector bank 3 in the V6 code. We could still use that driver, it would just have to be psudo PWM'd using the main loop timer. Not as accuarate as a dedicated timer, but it would still work...

For the SBEC, it's a different story. The turbo SBEC's used 4 individual injector drivers. The V6 SBEC's still used 3 banks of 2. So, no dice doing this with a SBEC...

What about the individual cylinder trims that the SBEC has? Would we keep that? Adapt it to the bank-fire SMEC?

zin
05-05-2011, 03:45 AM
What about the individual cylinder trims that the SBEC has? Would we keep that? Adapt it to the bank-fire SMEC?

I think this could be very useful to some folks, so I'd like to see it available.

A thought occurs to me that it may be a good idea to have the user interface (for lack of a better term) have layers of adjustments/parameters that are available to the user. The idea is to show on the "home page" (again for lack of a better term) only the most commonly used/recommended parameters, but with an option to "get deeper" into the cal and the fine-tuning adjustments.

Of course if this won't make programing cals at home easier, then it wouldn't be worth pursuing . The point being to make cals easier for the novice while retaining advanced capabilities, albeit "hidden" from casual view.

Mike

tkelly27
05-09-2011, 12:45 PM
This sounds great. I was pretty confused when the current MP cal made my car idle at 3k rpm until I came to a stop. I sort of found a temporary way to fix that by unplugging the IAC. I know there are better ways, but if we have no lift shift there doesn't seem to be a point to it, since you'll be able to keep the revs wherever you want between shifts at WOT.

bakes
05-10-2011, 11:06 PM
How about a starter retard function ???? not so much for the Drag guys (maybe hot laps)but more the road racers where hot shut downs and restarts may happen.

moparman76_69
06-17-2011, 01:07 PM
A thought occurs to me that it may be a good idea to have the user interface (for lack of a better term) have layers of adjustments/parameters that are available to the user. The idea is to show on the "home page" (again for lack of a better term) only the most commonly used/recommended parameters, but with an option to "get deeper" into the cal and the fine-tuning adjustments.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/image/jpg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBhQQEBQUEA8UEBUQFBAQDxAUDw8QDxUPFBQVFBQUFB QXHCYeFxkjGRQUHy8gJCcpLCwsFR4xNTAqNSYrLCkBCQoKDgwO FA8PFCkcFBwpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKS kpKSkpKSkpKSkuKSkpKSkpKSkpKf/AABEIAKABOwMBIgACEQEDEQH/xAAbAAACAwEBAQAAAAAAAAAAAAACAwABBQQGB//EAEAQAAIBAgMFBQQHBwIHAAAAAAABAgMRBCExBQYSQWETIlFxg ZGxwdEHMjNCUqHwFCMkYnKy4ZKiU4KDo8PS8f/EABkBAAMBAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAgMEBf/EACERAQEAAgMBAQACAwAAAAAAAAABAhEDITESQSJhBDJR/9oADAMBAAIRAxEAPwD5LXeYhj6+olgzAwWEwWBgkFTBYdNABpD EDFBIRUUQkUEg0FpBJFN2V27I5quP5RXq/kPROuwueJivvL0zM2dRvV3ADStNCWPjyu/yBp4vikko6tLU4Tt2PTvWj04n7Ew1A1v2VBrDLwOpRF4qfBByt e3IzG3Bi8RGGSd5eBn1alvrZvW3zLrYnibk0k3kui+Zyz9+bZU hhbcmOhhs88gsJTeeXkPrQv8AAq0ynNwyfL80IqtPNDqzvrk17 Gc1hSAXaXRKevmCol8xhblkRtFJF1ZpZJAAD8HiXTl0eTXQ5bl pj0Hpk7mBjftJebH4PHcOUvQ58X9eXmyMZqkURMhSNALjfi/awliJfifvAILQPjjWtUn+R0U8SpdH4MzymL5garRLHBRxTWua/M7FWT5omwDrasUxtTUVIpIGCwmCwMIcAGHTYA1IJIBSCUhENEl U4Vn6IpSE1HcYkJrVHJ5+i5C7hSAbGpGyiEGENTd+F6r6Qk/cviZiNndqPfqPwp++URD8bNLU49r4xJOK1eT8F8zvpxzfl8DFx tRSm3a99PJZEpjMcb/rU6obP45qMc8lc7MPs67XdzefJ5HoNibP+tJrMVumuM3XJQ2Uo R0/IRiNlp9D0dSj0OCtTMLa6ZhL087W2O7GfVwLiepqHHXimVOS/qMuKTxgSw+QmVM1Z0hLoF/TP5rN4RcoGlOmhEoFTIvlxEG1IWAL2irjqFUd234i2WBIQhBhC iyAFEsSxYALKCaBBTWqaipDZipEswMEJgsDCyU2RlQAHIsFBRQ ydFOj3bv0OWsaeJXDCK6ZmTWY1FNgtFkEarEsWWAUbu68ftv6I/3f4MOx6PdOHdrvpSXtlL5AV8aqp6+XwPNUpriz9F82exjRv6pH iuzaqtPLhlJP0dhWJxeo2fh5OPElrZXN/Z9DhRw7LpNUo3yT+rHnw+L6s3uwtFGdrqwjnqU+hlYmhmbNTQz 8RBk1rGFiVZnDUZoYqDuzNqohVIkKkhrFTGyIqCGMqCZMuM6XU RztWOiQucTSIpTCZTBTLQIhCgCyFXLAIQosApsEJggca0xUhsh ckSgtgsJggYGVHUJgDB6GUvrLzQpMdhVea8wJ34+Wnl8DGramr j30MmpqOrLsWQsQQli0i0BKSPWbn0v3Nd/zUV+U2eVR7bc6h/C1H+KvFekYL/2GL42Y0Pgeb29szgqqol3ZPv8Ams35cj2vYZM5MVs9VacotZ/Wg+XEuT81cMvCwm65NgVHWtJrJcvLJHpJU8jK3XwHBQT8c9Dqx uP7PRXOf9d+Mkx2fLC5ZnJWweTMvE7x9dOVszljvallJPPoVpP 3A7RpcLMfEnfitqxq6My8VMy0u2aLjG4qpA6KUrLzRz1ZD0zrk qxOeSH1qiWpzSrGkY2hYEgnUBZaSmCkWVctKXLKIAWS5EQAhCX IBKuUWUCmtJASGSFyJZlMoKQIGBoANgDBsTpwX2iOSB04N99AH Rink/MzKhpYrNv0ev68DNmOqoCyEEFpBKJSLSACSPo+5WG/gofzVqr9nDH4HziJ9X3NpWwGH6utL/uS+Q4VaNJa+bL7DNW8/YXThl7TroRzQ74ePVjj2I+KisrWvG3JWYvFYK7bt55ZGng8H2a a1Tk5Jrwdjslg1JaHFL29TLCSafN9r4unF8Chxy0yjd3POYzFR TtKlJexeZ9WxOyoRV4xSet7LU8Jt/Zce0c7JNu9uFNX5tG2Ov2uXkxy/Iw8PCm9G49GdNXBu2WafMRRwy40rOV8rH0DZGxFCD4o5NXtrmK jHH808BVnw2vyyODEYnwZr70UVGo7ZHmJMePaOTcujJNPVlqMQ I0rhSp2RoxU6ZViItiMFOOvkxB1Q0fkcpUJCEIMLIUWBLIUWAV cohANsSFtDpIW0JmTIBhyQDEAMFhMFga4D6ErSXmhVNDYuzANH FUrZ+On69TJqRzNerdxXh/jIzcRCzKqnMQjRExEJFopMsDGkfXd1Y2wOG6UpyfrObPka0PrW z96sGsLCEa0KbjShHheUk1FJp+txwNOjC8U+XI7KFMzobdwsoK MMTSla1kqkLt+01YYmD+rOL8mn7gBktF0yH0aqSzERd+Zcjjy/jk9TjszxhOMklfSx43a9FTl3YXb5HqcUrnNQwkYviaHvZ3Fw7u 7qKL7Solf7sfA9DXpJLJHFHanFNU4av3czScMnfkmPZTHT5Hvp C1Z2PLygen3xneszzhWHjk5v9g0XYZKNweEZFlstFOkKkPkxEh wquOj9TkOtLI5C4hCEIM0IQgBZCrkAkIQgG25CpDZoVIGZUhbG SFskAYLCYLGY6Q0VSGoQalGDlTTT/lfocWLpX8fLyOrZs8pR8nbl4P4AVle+emuln5FzxUZbiAOlHXU SyQtBJgjIxyAIv1mMSAsHEYLqQTKULaO3lkHUehEwDa3O2tKhj KLc5OMpdnNOUmrT7t7dG0/Q+0WPgEHZprVZp6Z8j7vsTHLEYelVTT44Rb/AKtJL0dzm5p5XZ/i5ew2ph8jKx91F28DcnE5MRQX3tFqZR2WsbY+z5QfaPNvl0CxW 1K15RlRlBW7tTiTizvntSKVorytmY20q05Rk7OyTfU00zuTwG8 Eu+73Mac1yZt4/BSnTdSSazefiefcLM0xcXJbvs9IlgYsIaASZz1J2HzZy1dSomp 2zFkIWSEIQAhCEAIQhACEIQA25CpDZCpCZFSAYcgGBgYDDYAjH SGoXSGAHVgKlpq+jyfr/mw2rTcZ+23n/k44s0pz4knfVex80ysTjJrqzyb9gqSH12pPqtevUTJ9QBaQyLB SKcs8vcIxqVmMT9Dow2xK1Rpqk0vGVoK3qbNHdGX36kY35Ri5y +CKkpWx52vk1z5B2seyobpUElxqU7L70uFexHd+x0qMU40oK+S tG7b83mV8J+nh6Gz6k/qUpy/5Hb26H1r6Pdm1KOBXarh4qlWUY3u1Hur33OHB4dyXfjm9FfQ9t sajfBqX4ZVP9PE18COXD+Lbhy1lKUYu3sZwpKMXNt5JK76GvUO LE5STscM6r0bdsClhsWl3MMlxfelOLa9Dg2lsrGcLlKcGvDjl8 j0lfaUr25Hn94ttyhB8Ls/U0lHWM7eSx1Osl3l3c1biyy/+GHVrK+a+JrYraDqKzemiuZcoI0jk5LL4Xwpq6fwIW3YGTKYAq M5XmMrSuJKkJbQIaZCi2AgfAVwANhIW0UBoQhACEIQA25CpDpC ZAyLkLYyQEhGWwGGwGBjpDULojBASOiEe7lfPmuR17I2DUxKlK PdhTznN6X1svFnud39wYqlGdabm6ijPgiuFKMldJvVuz6FY40p e3zN4Bt5NtvJK2fsNfZ+4GJrWfA6Sf3qnd/26n1nCbGo0F+6pRi/G3e9XqNqVLGkxh2vCYT6LYR+1qym+aT4Y/ln+Zs4XdOjRyglF/iUVxf6pXZs1sRY4J4vMqSRIVsukteKXnL5CK9SEF3YL4h1sVdG bVTk/1YZAlWvLTXlmbOz9nZJtZ/dTd0upz7P2el3pK/Q2KDbf605IBIKjhrel37D1G6eeEh/1E/PtJoxIw7r8mjU3KrXw8o/gq1Y+jtUX95GXjV5PbO1ngMY6Nb7Kr36FT8F33oPxSea8LnWsV GVs1ZrJ63Rtb/bqrHYe0bKpT71KT8eafRnxnDbXrYaTpzuuBuLhLWLXgceWGq7M eTc/t9MVSMdUsnn4tGLvFVg4vurNZK1zNwu8iqJX18Lsz9qbTU1k+r F8HeX/AKysdCHDeKVzGqzO+vie6Zri5PJFzHTnzyl8LchU5XyHzpWAp0 y4zvRNZWsLGYh5iy0oiF2IkAWgrESLEEsC4IItRAFOn1BcDo4A eEBtzlqI50yuAZ7ashUhsxUgZlyAYcgJCMtgMN6AMDHSHRjd2W d8kuomib+52z+3xtGNrpS7SXlDve9IA+lYbYywuA7OyuqUnJ+N Rq8n7Xb0NjZr4sPRaetKk/8AYhW9EuGhL+h+4vd5fwWHv/wKP9iNRo2vl1OGvXSOvFTyMqsmyoVctfEHNZtnT+zdfQLs7cik uV07jqGG5v5jqOGuMnK2SEel9k75GjhaXicuGuaNIKuGyjk/JjNxpZ4iL/FSn7YuP/jJNd1+XsF7kP8AfYj+mh/dWI/Kbj+lTfX9ipQo0pWq4jVp5wop2lLo3ovU8zPZ2GxlCFTERtVjC KlVo1VxSilZOcWmrpczxf0i7XeK2liJXvGE3Sh0hT7uXrd+pnb O2rUpqym+F6xu7NeDJmvKVtnceqxm6EkuPCynVis+Fpcdujjk/wAjC7e+U1pk76n1DcSpKVKLjGCUlxWvJ+88h9JGyFQxbnFJRrr iyvw9p95e5+pHJhJ3F8edvrMwmzI1FdRFYjBZ8MY3fJJZmpsDC qlSjVxEpKNW7o0Y5SnFOznKX3YXTS5uzK2zteEYNwSguUY/FvNvzJx48su7emufLhjNSdsDEbJmk246a5ptLxduRw9nYTDac4 1VUi84+N2mucX4prKxp7TpRXDOn9nWj2lPnZaSg+sZJr0L+ZPH Nbb6wqju2DYtvNlCNC0RIJIAgSROEOmgJFENQGRgHGmPSdkuAP CdfZiakR6GyOElgmBxiN//2Q==http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/inception-header.jpg

We have to go deeper?

zin
06-17-2011, 06:39 PM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/image/jpg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBhQQEBQUEA8UEBUQFBAQDxAUDw8QDxUPFBQVFBQUFB QXHCYeFxkjGRQUHy8gJCcpLCwsFR4xNTAqNSYrLCkBCQoKDgwO FA8PFCkcFBwpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKSkpKS kpKSkpKSkpKSkuKSkpKSkpKSkpKf/AABEIAKABOwMBIgACEQEDEQH/xAAbAAACAwEBAQAAAAAAAAAAAAACAwABBQQGB//EAEAQAAIBAgMFBQQHBwIHAAAAAAABAgMRBCExBQYSQWETIlFxg ZGxwdEHMjNCUqHwFCMkYnKy4ZKiU4KDo8PS8f/EABkBAAMBAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAgMEBf/EACERAQEAAgMBAQACAwAAAAAAAAABAhEDITESQSJhBDJR/9oADAMBAAIRAxEAPwD5LXeYhj6+olgzAwWEwWBgkFTBYdNABpD EDFBIRUUQkUEg0FpBJFN2V27I5quP5RXq/kPROuwueJivvL0zM2dRvV3ADStNCWPjyu/yBp4vikko6tLU4Tt2PTvWj04n7Ew1A1v2VBrDLwOpRF4qfBByt e3IzG3Bi8RGGSd5eBn1alvrZvW3zLrYnibk0k3kui+Zyz9+bZU hhbcmOhhs88gsJTeeXkPrQv8AAq0ynNwyfL80IqtPNDqzvrk17 Gc1hSAXaXRKevmCol8xhblkRtFJF1ZpZJAAD8HiXTl0eTXQ5bl pj0Hpk7mBjftJebH4PHcOUvQ58X9eXmyMZqkURMhSNALjfi/awliJfifvAILQPjjWtUn+R0U8SpdH4MzymL5garRLHBRxTWua/M7FWT5omwDrasUxtTUVIpIGCwmCwMIcAGHTYA1IJIBSCUhENEl U4Vn6IpSE1HcYkJrVHJ5+i5C7hSAbGpGyiEGENTd+F6r6Qk/cviZiNndqPfqPwp++URD8bNLU49r4xJOK1eT8F8zvpxzfl8DFx tRSm3a99PJZEpjMcb/rU6obP45qMc8lc7MPs67XdzefJ5HoNibP+tJrMVumuM3XJQ2Uo R0/IRiNlp9D0dSj0OCtTMLa6ZhL087W2O7GfVwLiepqHHXimVOS/qMuKTxgSw+QmVM1Z0hLoF/TP5rN4RcoGlOmhEoFTIvlxEG1IWAL2irjqFUd234i2WBIQhBhC iyAFEsSxYALKCaBBTWqaipDZipEswMEJgsDCyU2RlQAHIsFBRQ ydFOj3bv0OWsaeJXDCK6ZmTWY1FNgtFkEarEsWWAUbu68ftv6I/3f4MOx6PdOHdrvpSXtlL5AV8aqp6+XwPNUpriz9F82exjRv6pH iuzaqtPLhlJP0dhWJxeo2fh5OPElrZXN/Z9DhRw7LpNUo3yT+rHnw+L6s3uwtFGdrqwjnqU+hlYmhmbNTQz 8RBk1rGFiVZnDUZoYqDuzNqohVIkKkhrFTGyIqCGMqCZMuM6XU RztWOiQucTSIpTCZTBTLQIhCgCyFXLAIQosApsEJggca0xUhsh ckSgtgsJggYGVHUJgDB6GUvrLzQpMdhVea8wJ34+Wnl8DGramr j30MmpqOrLsWQsQQli0i0BKSPWbn0v3Nd/zUV+U2eVR7bc6h/C1H+KvFekYL/2GL42Y0Pgeb29szgqqol3ZPv8Ams35cj2vYZM5MVs9VacotZ/Wg+XEuT81cMvCwm65NgVHWtJrJcvLJHpJU8jK3XwHBQT8c9Dqx uP7PRXOf9d+Mkx2fLC5ZnJWweTMvE7x9dOVszljvallJPPoVpP 3A7RpcLMfEnfitqxq6My8VMy0u2aLjG4qpA6KUrLzRz1ZD0zrk qxOeSH1qiWpzSrGkY2hYEgnUBZaSmCkWVctKXLKIAWS5EQAhCX IBKuUWUCmtJASGSFyJZlMoKQIGBoANgDBsTpwX2iOSB04N99AH Rink/MzKhpYrNv0ev68DNmOqoCyEEFpBKJSLSACSPo+5WG/gofzVqr9nDH4HziJ9X3NpWwGH6utL/uS+Q4VaNJa+bL7DNW8/YXThl7TroRzQ74ePVjj2I+KisrWvG3JWYvFYK7bt55ZGng8H2a a1Tk5Jrwdjslg1JaHFL29TLCSafN9r4unF8Chxy0yjd3POYzFR TtKlJexeZ9WxOyoRV4xSet7LU8Jt/Zce0c7JNu9uFNX5tG2Ov2uXkxy/Iw8PCm9G49GdNXBu2WafMRRwy40rOV8rH0DZGxFCD4o5NXtrmK jHH808BVnw2vyyODEYnwZr70UVGo7ZHmJMePaOTcujJNPVlqMQ I0rhSp2RoxU6ZViItiMFOOvkxB1Q0fkcpUJCEIMLIUWBLIUWAV cohANsSFtDpIW0JmTIBhyQDEAMFhMFga4D6ErSXmhVNDYuzANH FUrZ+On69TJqRzNerdxXh/jIzcRCzKqnMQjRExEJFopMsDGkfXd1Y2wOG6UpyfrObPka0PrW z96sGsLCEa0KbjShHheUk1FJp+txwNOjC8U+XI7KFMzobdwsoK MMTSla1kqkLt+01YYmD+rOL8mn7gBktF0yH0aqSzERd+Zcjjy/jk9TjszxhOMklfSx43a9FTl3YXb5HqcUrnNQwkYviaHvZ3Fw7u 7qKL7Solf7sfA9DXpJLJHFHanFNU4av3czScMnfkmPZTHT5Hvp C1Z2PLygen3xneszzhWHjk5v9g0XYZKNweEZFlstFOkKkPkxEh wquOj9TkOtLI5C4hCEIM0IQgBZCrkAkIQgG25CpDZoVIGZUhbG SFskAYLCYLGY6Q0VSGoQalGDlTTT/lfocWLpX8fLyOrZs8pR8nbl4P4AVle+emuln5FzxUZbiAOlHXU SyQtBJgjIxyAIv1mMSAsHEYLqQTKULaO3lkHUehEwDa3O2tKhj KLc5OMpdnNOUmrT7t7dG0/Q+0WPgEHZprVZp6Z8j7vsTHLEYelVTT44Rb/AKtJL0dzm5p5XZ/i5ew2ph8jKx91F28DcnE5MRQX3tFqZR2WsbY+z5QfaPNvl0CxW 1K15RlRlBW7tTiTizvntSKVorytmY20q05Rk7OyTfU00zuTwG8 Eu+73Mac1yZt4/BSnTdSSazefiefcLM0xcXJbvs9IlgYsIaASZz1J2HzZy1dSomp 2zFkIWSEIQAhCEAIQhACEIQA25CpDZCpCZFSAYcgGBgYDDYAjH SGoXSGAHVgKlpq+jyfr/mw2rTcZ+23n/k44s0pz4knfVex80ysTjJrqzyb9gqSH12pPqtevUTJ9QBaQyLB SKcs8vcIxqVmMT9Dow2xK1Rpqk0vGVoK3qbNHdGX36kY35Ri5y +CKkpWx52vk1z5B2seyobpUElxqU7L70uFexHd+x0qMU40oK+S tG7b83mV8J+nh6Gz6k/qUpy/5Hb26H1r6Pdm1KOBXarh4qlWUY3u1Hur33OHB4dyXfjm9FfQ9t sajfBqX4ZVP9PE18COXD+Lbhy1lKUYu3sZwpKMXNt5JK76GvUO LE5STscM6r0bdsClhsWl3MMlxfelOLa9Dg2lsrGcLlKcGvDjl8 j0lfaUr25Hn94ttyhB8Ls/U0lHWM7eSx1Osl3l3c1biyy/+GHVrK+a+JrYraDqKzemiuZcoI0jk5LL4Xwpq6fwIW3YGTKYAq M5XmMrSuJKkJbQIaZCi2AgfAVwANhIW0UBoQhACEIQA25CpDpC ZAyLkLYyQEhGWwGGwGBjpDULojBASOiEe7lfPmuR17I2DUxKlK PdhTznN6X1svFnud39wYqlGdabm6ijPgiuFKMldJvVuz6FY40p e3zN4Bt5NtvJK2fsNfZ+4GJrWfA6Sf3qnd/26n1nCbGo0F+6pRi/G3e9XqNqVLGkxh2vCYT6LYR+1qym+aT4Y/ln+Zs4XdOjRyglF/iUVxf6pXZs1sRY4J4vMqSRIVsukteKXnL5CK9SEF3YL4h1sVdG bVTk/1YZAlWvLTXlmbOz9nZJtZ/dTd0upz7P2el3pK/Q2KDbf605IBIKjhrel37D1G6eeEh/1E/PtJoxIw7r8mjU3KrXw8o/gq1Y+jtUX95GXjV5PbO1ngMY6Nb7Kr36FT8F33oPxSea8LnWsV GVs1ZrJ63Rtb/bqrHYe0bKpT71KT8eafRnxnDbXrYaTpzuuBuLhLWLXgceWGq7M eTc/t9MVSMdUsnn4tGLvFVg4vurNZK1zNwu8iqJX18Lsz9qbTU1k+r F8HeX/AKysdCHDeKVzGqzO+vie6Zri5PJFzHTnzyl8LchU5XyHzpWAp0 y4zvRNZWsLGYh5iy0oiF2IkAWgrESLEEsC4IItRAFOn1BcDo4A eEBtzlqI50yuAZ7ashUhsxUgZlyAYcgJCMtgMN6AMDHSHRjd2W d8kuomib+52z+3xtGNrpS7SXlDve9IA+lYbYywuA7OyuqUnJ+N Rq8n7Xb0NjZr4sPRaetKk/8AYhW9EuGhL+h+4vd5fwWHv/wKP9iNRo2vl1OGvXSOvFTyMqsmyoVctfEHNZtnT+zdfQLs7cik uV07jqGG5v5jqOGuMnK2SEel9k75GjhaXicuGuaNIKuGyjk/JjNxpZ4iL/FSn7YuP/jJNd1+XsF7kP8AfYj+mh/dWI/Kbj+lTfX9ipQo0pWq4jVp5wop2lLo3ovU8zPZ2GxlCFTERtVjC KlVo1VxSilZOcWmrpczxf0i7XeK2liJXvGE3Sh0hT7uXrd+pnb O2rUpqym+F6xu7NeDJmvKVtnceqxm6EkuPCynVis+Fpcdujjk/wAjC7e+U1pk76n1DcSpKVKLjGCUlxWvJ+88h9JGyFQxbnFJRrr iyvw9p95e5+pHJhJ3F8edvrMwmzI1FdRFYjBZ8MY3fJJZmpsDC qlSjVxEpKNW7o0Y5SnFOznKX3YXTS5uzK2zteEYNwSguUY/FvNvzJx48su7emufLhjNSdsDEbJmk246a5ptLxduRw9nYTDac4 1VUi84+N2mucX4prKxp7TpRXDOn9nWj2lPnZaSg+sZJr0L+ZPH Nbb6wqju2DYtvNlCNC0RIJIAgSROEOmgJFENQGRgHGmPSdkuAP CdfZiakR6GyOElgmBxiN//2Q==http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/inception-header.jpg

We have to go deeper?

While the humor is not lost on me...

What I mean is to have an input screen that covers the most basic stuff, things you WILL have to mess with in order to get a solid tune, with optional stuff on a different screen, or in a drop down menu.

What I'm hoping for is an intuitive, easy to use/understand interface, something that would make doing this kind of thing easier/less intimidating to those that are thinking about getting into doing their own cals...

Mike

bakes
06-19-2011, 02:25 AM
Rob if you strip a 3.0l cal down to the bare min would it be easyer to convert to +2 bar?

Ondonti
06-19-2011, 03:49 AM
Another way to handle alky if you use 100% alky could be full on but cutting back main fueling when activated (if possible). Thats how you would do it on an aftermarket controller (either cut back the fuel always or when there is an input from the alky system).

I would enjoy revised 3.0 rev limits, VE, and more part throttle fuel with maybe a better functioning AIS for a big cam would make me a happy man.
Turbo capable would be more important to me when it comes to spark then anything else. Can't run 38 degrees of timing at 20 pounds of boost on 8.9:1 for long (regardless of your octane). That is something I love about the megasquirted Duster.

N/A 3.0 would love more timing up top without cheating and bumping the base timing.

ShelGame
06-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Rob if you strip a 3.0l cal down to the bare min would it be easyer to convert to +2 bar?

What I need t odo is strip down the distributor interrupt routine for each of the different types - dual HEP 4-cyl, V6, crank/cam sensor etc. and separate out the fuel calculations so that I can run the code on anything. Then it's just a matter of specifying the trigger type when you compile the template.

Juggy
06-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Another way to handle alky if you use 100% alky could be full on but cutting back main fueling when activated (if possible). Thats how you would do it on an aftermarket controller (either cut back the fuel always or when there is an input from the alky system).

I would enjoy revised 3.0 rev limits, VE, and more part throttle fuel with maybe a better functioning AIS for a big cam would make me a happy man.
Turbo capable would be more important to me when it comes to spark then anything else. Can't run 38 degrees of timing at 20 pounds of boost on 8.9:1 for long (regardless of your octane). That is something I love about the megasquirted Duster.

N/A 3.0 would love more timing up top without cheating and bumping the base timing.

just run E85 :p

Force Fed Mopar
06-19-2011, 01:03 PM
What I need t odo is strip down the distributor interrupt routine for each of the different types - dual HEP 4-cyl, V6, crank/cam sensor etc. and separate out the fuel calculations so that I can run the code on anything. Then it's just a matter of specifying the trigger type when you compile the template.

That sounds like it'd be nice :) I'm working on trying to get a working V6 test mule going, I got the engine and trans dropped into my Turbo Z last week, and got the pin-outs so I can hook up the P-body SBECII harness I have in it.

Ondonti
06-20-2011, 01:09 AM
just run E85 :p

Sarcasm aside, even with massive amounts of octane you can knock. But when you run something like c16 or E85 you can get to a point where power drops off well before knock happens.

My dad was mentioning today that congress cut the Ethanol subsidiy. Of course they are still mandating our gasoline be diluted with the stuff. E85 rocks so hard, E10 and E15 or higher just SUCKS. I want G100 or E85 at the pump. :P

So for many of us who were excited about alternate fuels, that might mean more reliance on pump gas and a GOOD tune. There are a lot of imports out there putting down 500 and 600 at the wheels on 2 liters and pump gas. Even with no alcohol injection. Lotta Evo's doing that with 6262 turbos. Its ALL about the tune in those situations.

There difference for a lot of people here between fast cars and slow cars is mostly tune. Lots of guys with parts that are not living up to their potential.

bakes
06-25-2011, 12:44 AM
How a switch to lock out the O2 kicks for tuning?

ShelGame
01-12-2012, 04:09 PM
OK, so here's what I'm thinking about now...

I finished up (well, mostly anyway) the SBECII code over Christmas. I honestly like the philosophy they used in those fuel tables. Basically, there's 1 3D fuel table for idle and then a 3D P/T enrichment table and a 3D WOT enrichment table. There are a couple of changes I would make, but nothing big really.

The SBECII uses the same transient fuel routine (mostly) as the TII. So, I would use that.

We can also keep the decel fuel cut easily. Not sure if it's really needed for racing, though.

And, the SBECII TI and TIII 3D timing is similar.

I'm very close to an evolved version of the anti-lag/staging limiter. I did some testing with it the other night and was able to make 5psi boost at about 3k rpm... in park :) . I'm going to test some spark cut code over the weekend. So, if that works, I can write a whole new rev limiter routine. For simplicity, I will probably leave out the speed limiter. Who wants that anyway, right? A 3-step could even be done. With the spark cut working, and a clutch switch, SWOL could be done. And, maybe a crude traction control.

Boost control will have 2 options, bleed or source control. The 'bleed control' will probably be a modified version of the SBECII boost control, with the 'source control' being a modified version of the TII. Any votes for including the VNT boost control? I would probably just copy that in directly from the VNT cal.

Feedback control; this could be a big deal. We can either keep the stock O2 controller for part throttle; or just ditch it entirely and go open loop all the time; or figure out a way to take a WB input and use that. I actually have not put much thought into a WB feedback strategy yet, so I'm open to suggestions. Is anyone familiar with how MS does it? Or does it use the WB for feedback?

For starters anyway; purge will be gone, cruise - gone, AC - gone, diagnostics - gone, EGR - gone, you get the idea...

With those gone, it's possible to use the switches for multiple boost levels, or burn-out limiter on/off, etc.

I also am thinking about a way to at least partially automate the cal setup before it loads in MP Tuner. Like a setup wizard of some kind. You put in computer type, engine size, injectors, MAP, etc. and it builds you a base cal to start with.

shelbymonster
01-12-2012, 04:36 PM
about the wb narrowband simulator , i cant use it with the smec causing rich or lean condition for too long and get in limp in mode , im pretty sure you can mod the code to fix that ? seems that the wb narrowband simulator is too much stable

ShelGame
01-12-2012, 05:07 PM
about the wb narrowband simulator , i cant use it with the smec causing rich or lean condition for too long and get in limp in mode , im pretty sure you can mod the code to fix that ? seems that the wb narrowband simulator is too much stable

For this, I would actually ditch the Chrysler NB controller and write a new WB controller to use the WB signal. the O2 sensor input is on a regular A2D channel as far as I can tell, so it should be no problem to feed that 0-5V WB signal to the ECU. We just have to tell the ECU what to do with it...

shelbymonster
01-12-2012, 06:36 PM
For this, I would actually ditch the Chrysler NB controller and write a new WB controller to use the WB signal. the O2 sensor input is on a regular A2D channel as far as I can tell, so it should be no problem to feed that 0-5V WB signal to the ECU. We just have to tell the ECU what to do with it...

wow nice , too bad i already got the 4play cals done lol

tell me if you want me to test it lol

ShelGame
01-12-2012, 07:51 PM
wow nice , too bad i already got the 4play cals done lol

tell me if you want me to test it lol

There's no reason a race cal couldn't be used in a FourPlay...

shelbymonster
01-12-2012, 08:00 PM
There's no reason a race cal couldn't be used in a FourPlay...

i know , i just got my cals too soon , now im broke lol

Aries_Turbo
01-12-2012, 08:06 PM
i myself would want diagnostics.... at least sensor supervision

wowzer
01-12-2012, 08:36 PM
having a wideband sensor output available through the regular sci port would be most excellent. btw, (cheap plug), mpscan version 2 is posted as of right now.

ShelGame
01-12-2012, 09:09 PM
i know , i just got my cals too soon , now im broke lol

Don't worry, this won't be done tomorrow, lol...

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

i myself would want diagnostics.... at least sensor supervision

With the Chrysler code reporting? I guess that could be kept without needing the DRB routines. Though, I guess I should keep at least the DRB code 12 datalogging since that's what MP Scan uses (and MP Scan 2, and any future Android logging app would use).

Does anyone use or want the actuator test mode from the DRB? How about the switch test? I guess I could keep the whole DRBII routine, but it's kind of hooked into the code in multiple places. It will be a PITA...

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

having a wideband sensor output available through the regular sci port would be most excellent. btw, (cheap plug), mpscan version 2 is posted as of right now.

If I can come up with a way to incorporate WB feedback, the WB signal would simply replace the O2 signal. So, it could be read out the serial port thru MP Scan no problem.

ShelGame
01-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Hmm, another wrinkle I tought of - SBECI & II are sequential injection. SMEC is only batch fire. I think I could easily make the SBEC's batch fire the injectors. But, one nice feature of those is the individual cylinder trims. The SMEC V6 has bank trims, so I think I could add that to the SMEC. But, it's a significant difference in the way they operate. I'll have to think about how to handle that difference.

Aries_Turbo
01-12-2012, 10:56 PM
With the Chrysler code reporting? I guess that could be kept without needing the DRB routines. Though, I guess I should keep at least the DRB code 12 datalogging since that's what MP Scan uses (and MP Scan 2, and any future Android logging app would use).

Does anyone use or want the actuator test mode from the DRB? How about the switch test? I guess I could keep the whole DRBII routine, but it's kind of hooked into the code in multiple places. It will be a PITA....

id just want CEL illumination and codes for stuff like TPS bad, CTS bad/unplugged, sync loss, map sensor bad etc.

sensor value datalogging/knock datalogging etc i would think is essential for any engine management system. so the code 12 should stay.

i myself would want cruise control though too lol. id run the simple race version on the street hehe.

Brian

ShelGame
01-12-2012, 11:57 PM
id just want CEL illumination and codes for stuff like TPS bad, CTS bad/unplugged, sync loss, map sensor bad etc.

sensor value datalogging/knock datalogging etc i would think is essential for any engine management system. so the code 12 should stay.

i myself would want cruise control though too lol. id run the simple race version on the street hehe.

Brian

The problem with the cruise routine is - it's really long. Some of the stuff I'll go back to old code. Like the idle control for example. On a race car, who needs a nice smooth idles with no hiccups, etc. Epecially when the newer idle code is double the length (or more) of the '88 T2 idle control.

Probably, I'd leave the cruise out. But, it shouldn't be too hard to put back in if you really want it. It's pretty much a stand alone routine.

I also will need to be careful about how much RAM I use. The SBEC and SBECII have additional RAM that the SMEC just doesn't have. To make it as common as posible, I'll have to trim down how much RAM is used. Best way to do that is to cut routines that use dedicated RAM locations.

Aries_Turbo
01-13-2012, 06:18 PM
ok thats fine.

i assume that this will run faster than stock code?

i have a 89 caravan harness that i can use this with in my k car. swap 2 pins on the bulkhead fitting and it pops right on.

Brian

ShelGame
01-13-2012, 09:15 PM
i assume that this will run faster than stock code?

Well, there's a reason the main loop runs at 11ms. I read it somewhere and now I don't remember what it is. I think it had somethign to do with the timing of the sync signal, but that doesn't make sense as that time varies with RPM. I'll have to dig it up again. It was in one of the patent docs, maybe for the distributor.

Anyway, I would definitely like to try and make the distributor interrupt routine run faster. I want to move as many of the calculations out of that routine as posible so that only the minor calculations are done in the main loop. Certainly, the dwell calc that is currently in the dist interrupt routine can be moved to the main loop. The battery voltage doesn't change quickly enough for it to need to be in that routine.

Just for reference, the SMEC, SBEC, and SBECII run almost all of the main loop subroutines at 11ms, or ~90Hz (some run half or less than that). MegaSquirt 1 runs the main loop at 1500hz (MS2 at 3k). So, they do ALL of the calculations in the main loop; there's plenty of time. Even for a V8 at 6k rpm, they can run every calculation 4 times before the next cylinder comes up. At 90Hz, we are losing some calculations on the 4 cyinders at anything over 2700rpm. But, we do all of the critical fuel calculations in the interrupt routines. Does the ignition advance value really need to be updated 4 times before the next cylinder even fires? Proabbly not. There's certainly no performance advantage to doing so.

Anyway, by trimming out some of the larger routines, I think we can maybe cut in half the main loop time (maybe less than half) and then if there is something that really needs to run on an 11ms loop, we can separate that out (I think). I would like to get the main loop to run at 5ms. That way, we can update all of the running values, for every cycle, up to 6k rpm.

Maybe one thing we could do, is have an RPM filter for the main loop programs. For example, keep A/C and cruise in the main loop; but above xx rpm, skip them to reduce the main loop time. Who runs cruise control at 4k rpm? Nobody right?

bakes
01-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Rob what is the chance of over clocking the Sbec main board and then raise the main loop ms?

ShelGame
01-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Rob what is the chance of over clocking the Sbec main board and then raise the main loop ms?

The problem with changin the clock frequency is it changes all of the timebase calculations and the communications baud rates. It's possible, but a lot more work. And, I don't think we're talking about doubling the speed, either. We're already running at the fastest crystal speed that these processors ever ran at (8Mhz). You're not going to be able to overclock it to 16, for example. You might get away with 10, but then that will make all of the code timing wrong.

GLHNSLHT2
01-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Who runs cruise control at 4k rpm? Nobody right?

If you're on your way across Wyoming or on the way to Vegas you probably will :)