PDA

View Full Version : CSX 11 Prototype

newmember
04-19-2011, 03:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ORIG-DODGE-SHADOW-SHELBY-CSX-11-PROTOTYPE-/150593545474?pt=Race_Cars_Not_Street_Legal_&hash=item2310132502#ht_500wt_943

Found this on Ebay, figured I'd put it here because I'm not selling the car, but it looks very interesting.

spirit1991
04-19-2011, 03:47 PM
i was on to post this also. beat me by 5 min.

Turbo224
04-19-2011, 03:51 PM
That's a pretty cool piece of Shelby history. If it were missing a zero at the end of the price I could/would buy it. I hope someone on the board buys that thing and restores it.

Where's Jackson when you need him?

sdac guy
04-19-2011, 04:04 PM
It does appear to be the real deal. A friend was interested in it and got some more pics, one of which showed the dash plaque, # 11. On the vin list #'s 10 and 11 were shipped to Lotus in England. They are then referred to as X3 & X11 respectively. Why they called # 10 X3 is beyond me.

Barry

1966 dart wagon
04-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Very cool car, thanks for posting the link, I hope someone restores this!!!! especially from this board!

BadAssPerformance
04-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Nice find! Too bad no title.... Hmmm... would look great next to #12...

Directconnection
04-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Holy shat! If I had the $, I'd buy it now w/out question....

newmember
04-19-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm wondering what size that engine is...only because the Shelby Performance catalog that I have from way back when lists that "16-Valve Racing Engines were available for "serious racers only". Shelby Performance can supply fully developed fuel-injected 16-valve engines from 2.0 to 2.5 liter displacement. Normally aspirated or turbocharged, gasoline or alcohol fueled. Assembled from premium race developed parts and dyno tuned. Contact factory for price quotations."

cordes
04-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Shipped to Lotus and back. Wow!

86seeS
04-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Man I want that

ShelbyLancer282
04-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Thats fkn pure sex.

ShelbyLancer282
04-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Im really shocked not many people have commented on this?

Directconnection
04-21-2011, 12:43 PM
I have... and I ain't got no $5,500.

2 years ago.... I would have snagged it up.

JeremyL
04-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Sadly when these things pop up I'm always broke, damn setbacks with my health.

BadAssPerformance
04-21-2011, 05:11 PM
So who bought it this morning? :eyebrows:

mark
04-21-2011, 07:02 PM
If only cars could talk, Imagine the storeis they could tell.

1BADVAN
04-21-2011, 09:18 PM
a guy out of Seattle area from what I heard through the Grapevine

jonnyb
04-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Wow - been busy and haven't really checked this site (or ebay) in a while. Man - even though money is a little tight, I may have went ahead and dropped the coin on this. It would be a great piece to put next to my 89 CSX marketing car!

It went to the Seattle area? Joe Anderson lives out that way and it wouldn't surprise me if it was him. This would be something that he would probably be all over to put next to his pre-production 87 CSX (he also owned my 89 marketing car at one point as well).

On another note, anyone tracking the T3 Shelby valve covers? There was a set for sale (along with a T3 head) at a local swap meet here in CT a few weeks ago - that blew my mind! The head and valve covers sold for $1500. No clue who bought it, but it wasn't me :(. I've asked around and none of the NE Chapter people have heard a peep about them, so I'm thinking there's someone local to me that knows these cars and isn't public about them, or some Ford guy with cash saw them and bought them without really knowing what it was.

Jon

BadAssPerformance
04-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Jon, nice to see ya on here. Good point on Joe out that way... he has posted here too, maybe he'll chime in?

Directconnection
04-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Wow - been busy and haven't really checked this site (or ebay) in a while. Man - even though money is a little tight, I may have went ahead and dropped the coin on this. It would be a great piece to put next to my 89 CSX marketing car!

It went to the Seattle area? Joe Anderson lives out that way and it wouldn't surprise me if it was him. This would be something that he would probably be all over to put next to his pre-production 87 CSX (he also owned my 89 marketing car at one point as well).

On another note, anyone tracking the T3 Shelby valve covers? There was a set for sale (along with a T3 head) at a local swap meet here in CT a few weeks ago - that blew my mind! The head and valve covers sold for $1500. No clue who bought it, but it wasn't me :(. I've asked around and none of the NE Chapter people have heard a peep about them, so I'm thinking there's someone local to me that knows these cars and isn't public about them, or some Ford guy with cash saw them and bought them without really knowing what it was.

Jon

Jon, was that at Stafford?

I had someone here in Maine offer me a complete pre-production T-III head and those shelby VCs. I couldn't afford it at the time, so I passed the deal onto a friend.... but I wonder if the seller had another? I'll find out...

5DIGITS
04-23-2011, 10:52 AM
It's exciting to see this stuff surface!
From what I was able to find out, the CSX has had an interesting life which included nitrous and drag racing. Having it find its way to possible restoration/resurrection is a great thing to hear. A CSX, Shelby valve covers, and heads... Nice stuff!
Congratulations to the new owners and the effort going into keeping this stuff going!!

2.216VTurbo
04-23-2011, 11:13 AM
I remember the car and I remember Andy the guy who bought it from the 94 Newport Beach auction. By pure luck I happened onto one of his other Ebay auctions a few years ago and we ended up making the connection about knowing eachother from the mid 90's. He and his wife drove the car out to the 95' Western/Phoenix Shelby convention so everyone there got to see the history. I worked him for almost 2 years to buy the car but he wanted $15K for it and we were way far apart on price. It is a shame that now the timing is wrong for another aquisition.:( Maybe the buyer will do it justice:thumb:

glhs727
04-23-2011, 11:59 AM
I thought about buying it, and emailed the guy. All the pictures he sent seemed old and were not high quality so it was really hard to see how much work the car needed. the seller also stated that he would only sell the car to someone in a rust free state, (luckily I'm in Texas). I noticed that the shelby receipt listed a partial vin, and I asked him for the vin # because if it did have a vin, I don't see why it couldn't be eventually registered and titled. I also asked for recent pictures and never got a response, then I saw the car sold a couple of days later. The seller also stated the computer crapped out and then went MIA. It looks like the car has not been driven in 10+ years, so a full restore in would be in order. I hope the new owner gets it running and enjoys the car!

1BADVAN
04-23-2011, 03:53 PM

It went to the Seattle area? Joe Anderson lives out that way and it wouldn't surprise me if it was him. This would be something that he would probably be all over to put next to his pre-production 87 CSX (he also owned my 89 marketing car at one point as

Jon

My dad knows the.guy who sold it and he said that Joe Anderson did.buy it

jonnyb
04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Jon, was that at Stafford?

I had someone here in Maine offer me a complete pre-production T-III head and those shelby VCs. I couldn't afford it at the time, so I passed the deal onto a friend.... but I wonder if the seller had another? I'll find out...

Yup - stafford motor speedway Spring swap meet.

My dad knows the.guy who sold it and he said that Joe Anderson did.buy it

Wow - he's got another rare one - man, he's good at finding and acquiring these one off's!

Jon

Ondonti
04-24-2011, 05:44 AM
so does that mean I will get to see it? :P

neszenszky
04-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Yes I sold CSX-11 to Joe in Washington. I think he will do a fine job of restoring.

Pat
04-26-2011, 04:12 PM

Jon

Glad to see the car will be in good hands.

On the valve covers, my brother has this sitting in his garage.

http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/dans_prototype

Pretty neat with lots of subtle differences.

BadAssPerformance
04-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Yes I sold CSX-11 to Joe in Washington. I think he will do a fine job of restoring.

Welcome to the forum! :thumb:

Got any more pics or history about this car?

2.216VTurbo
04-27-2011, 06:23 PM
I remember that crate from when TP had it in Cali Pat:thumb:

Directconnection
04-27-2011, 10:21 PM

Hey Welcome!

Can you tell us anything more about your former car? What was it like at Shelby's Garage sale back in '94 was it? Man... wish I could have been there...