PDA

View Full Version : N/A 2.5 to TI

iamnqr
04-19-2011, 02:56 AM
I have a 92 Daytona ES in my garage that has been there on and off for the last 7 years that I want to convert from N/A to Turbo. I have many of the mechanicals (havent changed the rods,pistons or rings yet), but my challenge is the electrical. What is my best way to start. BTW I'm doing this to satisfy my own curiosity about whether I can do it, or not, or more likely how long will it take me. After a few years of not being driven at (complete w/flat tires, etc) I fixed the car up for my daughter then she decided she didn't want it, new engine (S&J rebuild), I rebuilt trans (3spd auto), put new exhaust, new brake system (sat in storage too long) and awaiting new paint, so before I paint it and for a lack of anything better to do I thought I'd turbocharge it, hence my handle "i am nqr." Thanks in advance for any help you may provide. /r iamnqr

5sp. mini
04-19-2011, 06:49 AM
turbo wireing harrness and turbo smec.then if you can find a turbo motor or run light boost on your till you want to pull motor amd install turbo inter. too it.

Vigo
04-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Yup, id start with a factory daytona turbo harness and make it easy on yourself. You can definitely just bolt the turbo manifolds to your non turbo motor. I did that on my van and its been to 14psi and not blown up yet. Several other people have done it as well. It really comes down to tuning, but if you keep the boost low <14psi with an intercooler you should have no problems just running the factory computer and driving it around.