PDA

View Full Version : How to run a vacuum block on 89 CSX-VNT?

DC Turismo
04-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Can anyone let me know how to run a vacuum block on an 89 CSX? I've placed vacuum blocks on Garrett turbo'd vehicles but never a VNT. I'm assuming it's different due to the VNT's solenoids on the passenger fender well? Any help is appreciated, for right now I have a vacuum mess to go through from P.O.

zin
04-16-2011, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't think that it would be any different IF you keep the hose routing to the control solenoids the same, the block will just provide the vacuum/boost for the actuator from a different point of connection...

Mike

PS Anyone with some 1st hand knowledge, feel free to chime in, I'm working on theory here...

DC Turismo
04-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi Mike

I was thinking the same, with the only difference being that the solenoids would have to be connected in between the vacuum lines running from the wastegate to the block, but just wanted to make sure. I thought it'd be best to ask in case someone has done this before and would, as you say, know firsthand. I'm glad to see you're thinking the same I am though.

CNH320
04-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Yep no problem putting the vacuum block on. You can use it as the vacuum source for the double solenoid loop that feeds the bottom of the actuator can but you do want to keep the boost source from the turbo to run the single solenoid that goes to the top of the actuator can as shown on the vacuum diagram.

tryingbe
04-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Yup, just follow the vacuum map.

Vacuum block is on top of the FPR.
Sorry, no other picture and the car is sold.

http://www.thelostartof.net/tryingbe/forsale/csx/IMG_0014.jpg

DC Turismo
04-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Great thanks for the help guys. I started following the vac diagram today but it quickly went from a drizzle to downpour so I called it quits. lol....