PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start?

audiomaninc
04-15-2011, 02:01 PM
I just got my Ostrich from Moates, and I'm going to attempt to make my own cal! The problem is, I don't know where to start :o. I've been reading this section for about 2 weeks to make myself more familiar with making a cal, but I'm still pretty confused. I'm wondering what base cal to start with first of all. Also, once I have that info, do I use Chem, or MPTuner to modify it? I downloaded the LM 2.5 cal and loaded it into MPTuner, but it looks like it's set up for 2 bar out of the box. I don't know how to make it work with my 3 bar setup. Any pointers would be much appreciated! Here's my setup at the moment:

1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z
1989 2.5l block .020 over balance shafts removed
Rotating assembly balanced
Wiseco forged pistons installed
Crank scraper installed
1987 782 swirl head (stock)
1989 turbo I roller camshaft
Adjustable Fidanza cam sprocket
2-Piece intake manifold, upper and lower port matched, port matched to head
stock exhaust manifold, ported
T3/T4 S trim Stg. III turbo .48A/R turbine
2.5" swingvalve
3" turbo back exhaust with no cat. converter, and Dynomax Race Bullet muffler
255lph fuel pump
Accufab FPR @ 55psi idle, without vaccuum line connected
Billet fuel rail
MP +40% fuel injectors
Champion RN9YC spark plugs @ .025 gap
Magnecor plug wires
Fender mount stock replacement ignition coil
Ignition timing set at 12 deg. BTDC
A555 transmission
TU 6 Puck purple clutch and plate
3 Bar MAP sensor
****I think that's everything important****

x.Gen
04-15-2011, 04:49 PM
just in case, confirm you are using a late LM (stock for your car), and which cal (Brian's?).

audiomaninc
04-15-2011, 06:16 PM
just in case, confirm you are using a late LM (stock for your car), and which cal (Brian's?).

I'm using the original LM (MAP under the hood), and currently using one of Rob's chips in it. You're saying I should use "Brian's" cal? Where would I find that?

x.Gen
04-15-2011, 06:30 PM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?16492-LM-1987-2.5L-8V-3-Bar-40-G-Head-and-Swirl

is this the one you downloaded? it is the one I referred to.

audiomaninc
04-15-2011, 06:55 PM
oooh no! I'll try that! Thanks very much!!!!

x.Gen
04-15-2011, 07:01 PM
thank Brian, it's his cal :thumb:

Use Chem for that one. read p. 19 of the .pdf that came with Chem ("3 minute quick start"). post up if you need help, someone will jump in. take it slow and steady, you'll understand better than if you try and rush thru it.

audiomaninc
04-15-2011, 07:48 PM
got it! I'll work on it tonight and tomorrow.

audiomaninc
04-15-2011, 08:06 PM
One quick stoopid question...when I have the cal loaded in chem2, how do I edit the different sections? Say I wanted to either raise or lower the computer controlled boost for example.

x.Gen
04-15-2011, 08:38 PM
upper left-hand side of Chem, there is a drop-down (defaults in "basic"). for your example, open the drop-down, click boost control. boost related tables will appear in the worksheet underneath. you'll find pretty much everything you need in either the knowledge center, Chem .pdf, or the tuning how-to threads.

audiomaninc
05-09-2011, 09:14 PM
I still can't figure out for the life of me how to edit things here. I'd like to change the staging limiter, and edit the fuel because I'm rich at WOT...but I can't figure out how to change the values for anything. I can "view" everything just fine...I just can't for the life of me figure out how to change it. Am I really this dumb??

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

wow...I'm an idiot...USE THE ARROWS DUMMY, NOT THE MOUSE!