PDA

View Full Version : How to hook up Snow solenoid for alky

Reeves
07-09-2006, 01:55 PM
My Snowperformance alky kit came with a solenoid to keep from blowing back the alky at pre-injection state, and also to keep from siphoning alky when cruising.

My question is, I have the snow variable pump controller, that I'm guessing is either pulsewidth modulated or voltage variable output. Does the solenoid hook to the controller output, or do you hook it up some other way?

Thanks!

Reeves
07-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Anybody?

This is about the last thing I need to do to get the car on the road....SDAC 16 or BUST!!!

Tony Hanna
07-10-2006, 04:24 AM
That's strange. They have installation instructions in pdf on their site. I just finished reading and saw no mention of how to wire in the solenoid when the progressive controller is used. I'd hate to reccomend wiring it in with the pump and have it hang closed and cause you problems do to the variable output of the controller or maybe even burn up the controller due to the extra load or inductive lash. I think the safest way to do it would be to run the solenoid off of a pressure (hobbs) switch set to come on at the same boost pressure as the pump. That should keep you from having any siphoning or blowback problems.
You could always give them a call @ (866)365-2762 to find out for sure.
HTH,

Reeves
07-10-2006, 08:20 AM
From Dan at Snowperformance:
"Hello James,

There is no polarity on the solenoid wires. One connects to the output of
the controller and the other to ground. It will open at low pump speeds.

Best regards,

Dan

Hey James,

The frequency used to drive the pump is faster then the response time of the
solenoid. So to the solenoid it is effectively a DC signal.

Best regards,

Dan"

Tony Hanna
07-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Cool.:thumb:

show-off
07-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Rattlesnake on here has a test bed car for Snow Performance ALky...you should hit him up for answers.