PDA

View Full Version : A520/A555 cable routing in an L-body

Steve in VA
04-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Anyone have a better idea (or pictures) on how to route the right (passenger side) shift cable than this? I used the factory hole for the left cable. I did this mod to my GLHS 10 years ago, but never really liked it since I had to mount it in front of the downpipe and had to heat wrap the right cable. Its held up fine for 10 years, so I guess I can do it again.

trannybuster
04-11-2011, 06:01 PM
I wrapped my downpipe, pretty tight. Mine looks like yours.

black86glhs
04-11-2011, 06:05 PM
I'll have eto look at mine, but both of mine run through the upper hole on the driver's side. Neither of mine are wrapped and are not melty. I'll see if I can get a crappy cell pic after I get home tonight.

rbryant
04-11-2011, 08:57 PM
I like using the auto tranny hole for one cable and then putting the other cable on the far side of the exhaust tunnel at the firewall instead of through the top of the tunne(passenger side of the tunnel)l. The daytona cable worked well for this with my 8V setup.

If you use the longer version of the cable you can actually run it in front of the downpipe next to the starter that way.
It also ends up being at the correct angle so the cable isn't kinked up. The only problem is if your cable is too short to get behind the exhaust which it might be now that I have the srt4 engine. I may have to get a custom cable or use one from a stratus (which is supposed to be longer yet).

-Rich