PDA

View Full Version : Want to lower my Minivan

QC DSM ESiT
07-09-2006, 01:12 AM
I am going to basically have to replace all my bushings so I figured while I was under there why not lower it too. I've heard that you can cut the front coil springs and have no problem. I really rather not do that so is there new coils that I might be able to put in there instead, in order to lower it a good 2-3 inches? Also for the back would I be able to just put like 2-3inch lowering blocks inbetween the leaf springs and the backend? If I have to put all new leaf springs in thats no problem I am just trying to do this on a buget without messing anything up. Also I would be putting in new shocks and struts while do my suspension adventures.

Bardo
07-09-2006, 07:55 AM
put daytona shocks and struts on the front that will drop it about 2"

GLHNSLHT2
07-09-2006, 12:20 PM
contact NVR2OLD over on TD.com he lowered his van properly so that no suspension travel was lost. It looks good and was cheap and easy.

turbovanmanČ
07-09-2006, 04:13 PM
put daytona shocks and struts on the front that will drop it about 2"

Wrong, 3.5 inch drop.

Do not use the stock front struts and cut the springs, you will be riding on the bump stops. You cant use blocks in the rear as the design of it, the spring perch is staggered so a special spacer has to be made but this lowers the van 4 inches which is too much. www.turbominivan.com shows the spacer.

This is how I did mine, it works very well and rides nicely, its lowered 2" in the rear and 2.5" in the front.

Daytona struts, stock minivan springs cut with one coil and 4 inchs cut off. Dearched leaf springs and Rancho RS9000 adjustable shocks. I also have a stock Gen 2 minivan rear sway bar on.

If your cutting the front springs, cut off one coil and recheck as every van will be different.

GLHNSLHT2
07-09-2006, 10:49 PM
NVR2OLD did his without using blocks or spacers at all.

turbovanmanČ
07-09-2006, 11:11 PM
NVR2OLD did his without using blocks or spacers at all.

Neither did I.

QC DSM ESiT
07-09-2006, 11:22 PM
So it doesn't matter how much you take off the coil then, as it will always be able to be reattached? I am assuming you cut off the top and not the bottom then too? When you say you cut a coil and 4 inches, do you mean like anther 4 inch chunk right? Also how do you dearch the leaf springs? Okay one more question, do you have some pictures of the van lowered? Thanks turbovanman

turbovanmanČ
07-09-2006, 11:26 PM
So it doesn't matter how much you take off the coil then, as it will always be able to be reattached? I am assuming you cut off the top and not the bottom then too? When you say you cut a coil and 4 inches, do you mean like anther 4 inch chunk right? Also how do you dearch the leaf springs? Okay one more question, do you have some pictures of the van lowered? Thanks turbovanman

For a pic, look in my sig, :thumb:

I cut the bottom, and yes, one coil then 4 inches. I would do one coil and check it, then cut more if needed.

You take off the leaf springs and take them to a spring shop, they will dearch them for you, aprox $100-$150.

Another pic-that was when I had Pizza wheels, I am now running GTC wheels and P225/55R16 tires.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/turbovanman/img00078.jpg