PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Ricer

SebringLX
04-05-2011, 08:03 PM
No race came out of it, but it's still a funny story.

I stopped to fill up with E85, and as I'm just about to put the car in park in front of the pump, a primer black Integra that was on it's way out stopped right in front of me. The guy points and with a big grin on his face gives me a thumbs up. I gave him a rev and he smiled even bigger. I got out of the car and he yells out his window "What do you have in there?" So I pop my hood, he parks his car and comes over to inspect the Turbo Sebring.

He asked me the usual questions, "Is that an SRT swap?", "Have you had it to the track yet? What does it run?". I told him, and he just kept saying how awesome it was. I asked him what he was running in his Integra, expecting a typical ricer "Oh it'll do 10's!" kinda answer. Surprisingly he says "I have the motor built, 8:1 compression, getting ready for a turbo, so right now it gets about 11mpg and probably runs 17's" :lol:

Most realistic ricer ever. :nod: First time I've ever had someone driving a car like that not try to tell me it runs a 12 or faster.

roachjuice
04-05-2011, 09:00 PM
No race came out of it, but it's still a funny story.

I stopped to fill up with E85, and as I'm just about to put the car in park in front of the pump, a primer black Integra that was on it's way out stopped right in front of me. The guy points and with a big grin on his face gives me a thumbs up. I gave him a rev and he smiled even bigger. I got out of the car and he yells out his window "What do you have in there?" So I pop my hood, he parks his car and comes over to inspect the Turbo Sebring.

He asked me the usual questions, "Is that an SRT swap?", "Have you had it to the track yet? What does it run?". I told him, and he just kept saying how awesome it was. I asked him what he was running in his Integra, expecting a typical ricer "Oh it'll do 10's!" kinda answer. Surprisingly he says "I have the motor built, 8:1 compression, getting ready for a turbo, so right now it gets about 11mpg and probably runs 17's" :lol:

Most realistic ricer ever. :nod: First time I've ever had someone driving a car like that not try to tell me it runs a 12 or faster.
lol yea every once in a while you get a smart one.

black86glhs
04-05-2011, 10:02 PM
When he gets the turbo setup done, it will get 12 mpg but do the quarter in the 12s!!!! Good trade off!

RoadWarrior222
04-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Cool, but I'll stick with aiming for 40mpg and 14s :D