PDA

View Full Version : S/S Brake Line - $50!!!!!!!!!!!!`

Jack's Dodge
07-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Just recieved a set of stainless stell brake lines from tirerack.com on sale for $45. I got the kit for a 92 iroc since that was the only listing they had for 4 wheel disc w/o ABS. call and check the availability though. the ship fast too! Got my tires and brake lines in 2 days flat! Get'em while they are hot!

The S is Silent
07-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Pre-bent? If so, then that is a freaking steal.

omnivore
07-08-2006, 09:40 AM
I think he means the braided flex lines, not the hard lines. Stilla good price. Our vendors charge nearly double.

Directconnection
07-08-2006, 09:53 AM
can these fit a shadow?

zin
07-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Just recieved a set of stainless stell brake lines from tirerack.com on sale for $45. I got the kit for a 92 iroc since that was the only listing they had for 4 wheel disc w/o ABS. call and check the availability though. the ship fast too! Got my tires and brake lines in 2 days flat! Get'em while they are hot!

What are you putting them on? I've got a GLHT project (4wheel disc) that I'll need/want to have these type of line. And $50 is a deal. Do you know what brand they are?

Let us know how they fit, plz.

Mike

Jack's Dodge
07-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Go to www.tirerack.com to order. They also have a number to call, and they are EXTREMELY helpful. I only order my tires from them. They ship everything in two busness days. The lines are Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines. I am also converting my k-wagon to 11" 4 wheel disc, and figured these lines would be a nice addition to the car. Best brakes possible. The kit I ordered are for a 93 daytona with four wheel disc brakes without ABS. I am not 100% sure this will work on my setup, but the price is too good to pass up. I did not have time to research it as the stock is low.

turbovanmanČ
07-13-2006, 01:05 PM
There sold out, I tried to order some on Sunday and theres no more and there not getting anymore. Your next choice is FWD or make up your own set.

Yes Steve, they would have fit your Shadow, :thumb:

Carlton, could you measure the lines when you get them please, I just need total lengths so I can make my own. Thanks man, :D

Jack's Dodge
07-19-2006, 01:06 AM
There sold out, I tried to order some on Sunday and theres no more and there not getting anymore. Your next choice is FWD or make up your own set.

Yes Steve, they would have fit your Shadow, :thumb:

Carlton, could you measure the lines when you get them please, I just need total lengths so I can make my own. Thanks man, :D
What happened to just getting them from Cindy? :blah: If you still need them, I'll measure them tomorrow after work.

turbovanmanČ
07-19-2006, 01:12 AM
What happened to just getting them from Cindy? :blah: If you still need them, I'll measure them tomorrow after work.

I can make them myself. I only need the front 2 for now, and then when I do my rear disc, I can make those also, :thumb:

Mario
07-19-2006, 01:19 AM
Do they actually make a difference in brake performance or is it more or less, for looks/safety?

turbovanmanČ
07-19-2006, 01:21 AM
Do they actually make a difference in brake performance or is it more or less, for looks/safety?

They firm up your brake pedal and under severe conditions, keep the load the same at the piston. They make a huge difference on Racebikes. :nod:

Jack's Dodge
07-19-2006, 11:13 PM
I never gave them a thought, until a friend of mine installed them on his '99 C5. Said they made a huge difference in firmness. Once I get the rear hugs back together, I'll get them on the car.

89acclaim
07-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Well they left me a message that the lines have a manufacturing delay and I won't get them for 8 to 10 weeks from today... I am going to call them back and say that I will wait. It isn't like my spirit is going to be moving before that..

Daniel Merrill

turbovanmanČ
07-28-2006, 02:50 AM
I bought Cindys set while I was at Topeka, :thumb:

Jack's Dodge
07-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Bet it wasn't $50 :p Have you installed them yet? Been dragging my butt here, as the wagon is not ready for inspection. Look like I'll be throwing in a 5sp shortly.

turbovanmanČ
07-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Bet it wasn't $50 :p Have you installed them yet? Been dragging my butt here, as the wagon is not ready for inspection. Look like I'll be throwing in a 5sp shortly.

I spent $55 more, I know, :(

Nope, will put them on when I put the rear discs on, which the way I am moving, won't be for awhile.

inmyshadow
07-29-2006, 06:27 PM
I bought a set for my shadow convertible.

I had already had a set of FWDPs shadow disc set from my last shadow. I only got installing the fronts because all the fittings started breaking off.

Then I had one front line burst as I was getting ready for an autocross run.

So the goodridge set is going to replace my front lines.

later

turbovanmanČ
07-29-2006, 08:31 PM
I bought a set for my shadow convertible.

I had already had a set of FWDPs shadow disc set from my last shadow. I only got installing the fronts because all the fittings started breaking off.

Then I had one front line burst as I was getting ready for an autocross run.

So the goodridge set is going to replace my front lines.

later

Cindys braided hose burst?

Jack's Dodge
07-29-2006, 09:56 PM
I spent $55 more, I know, :(

Nope, will put them on when I put the rear discs on, which the way I am moving, won't be for awhile.
What is the hold up with the rear disc? Was under the impression that was in the bag...? Didn't another mini owner fabricate some adapter plates for the rear disc on a mini? Lucky for me, my 11" rear is in the living room, with PB axle to rame bushing, new calipers, rotors, and factory solid sway bar. That is waiting on the PB rear sway bar, then it goes on:evil:

Also have my 90 k-frame with control arm bushings. Is there such a thing as too much control? I'll find out.

More info on this braided line bursting incident. That obviously is not something anyone would wanna go thru.

turbovanmanČ
07-29-2006, 10:07 PM
What is the hold up with the rear disc? Was under the impression that was in the bag...? Didn't another mini owner fabricate some adapter plates for the rear disc on a mini? Lucky for me, my 11" rear is in the living room, with PB axle to rame bushing, new calipers, rotors, and factory solid sway bar. That is waiting on the PB rear sway bar, then it goes on:evil:

Also have my 90 k-frame with control arm bushings. Is there such a thing as too much control? I'll find out.

More info on this braided line bursting incident. That obviously is not something anyone would wanna go thru.

Time, too busy at work and want to get the van into the 12's first so thats my priority right now.

Yep, someone did plates so yeah, just time. I also want to blast all the pieces and paint them red, :eyebrows: :thumb:

Jack's Dodge
07-29-2006, 11:04 PM
News flash. Finally got off my butt to put the rear calipers on the 11" backing plates. Bolted them down, then went to install the braided lines to the calipers. Suprise! Bleed screw is different between 89 and 93. The 89 is larger fine thread and the 93 is a smaller (thinner) coarse thread. I'll get the appropriate calipers tomorrow. Will post my 89 rear forsale. They did not see more than 500 miles anyhow.

turbovanmanČ
07-30-2006, 01:27 AM
News flash. Finally got off my butt to put the rear calipers on the 11" backing plates. Bolted them down, then went to install the braided lines to the calipers. Suprise! Bleed screw is different between 89 and 93. The 89 is larger fine thread and the 93 is a smaller (thinner) coarse thread. I'll get the appropriate calipers tomorrow. Will post my 89 rear forsale. They did not see more than 500 miles anyhow.

Are you talking the banjo bolts? if so, just reuse your original ones.

Jack's Dodge
07-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Are you talking the banjo bolts? if so, just reuse your original ones.
You can't. The original bolts are too large for the fitting on the braided lines. The new bolts (included with the lines) are too small for the calipers.

turbovanmanČ
07-30-2006, 01:42 PM
You can't. The original bolts are too large for the fitting on the braided lines. The new bolts (included with the lines) are too small for the calipers.

Ahhhhhhh, good to know. I did not know that and from your description, my solution made sense, :eyebrows:

Jack's Dodge
07-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Ahhhhhhh, good to know. I did not know that and from your description, my solution made sense, :eyebrows:
Pardon me. My Canadian is rusty :nod:

I am ordering 963 rear calipers today, so I will keep all informed on how this plays out.

Directconnection
10-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Stiring up an old thread...

So... the banjo bolts to the calipers is where the differences are with the lines? I have a '90 Shadow w/4 wheel discs. Problem is... I am going to use R/T brakes on the front.... and 11" setup from one of the '89 cars I robbed a few years back. So... 1989 have one size banjo bolt, and the r/t has a different size. I have no idea which line kit to get!!!

turbovanmanČ
10-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Stiring up an old thread...

So... the banjo bolts to the calipers is where the differences are with the lines? I have a '90 Shadow w/4 wheel discs. Problem is... I am going to use R/T brakes on the front.... and 11" setup from one of the '89 cars I robbed a few years back. So... 1989 have one size banjo bolt, and the r/t has a different size. I have no idea which line kit to get!!!

The lines are the same, just get the year of the calipers. So if your running 89 calipers, get the 89 kit. I guess if your running 91 rear calipers, Cindy could make you a kit, she mentioned she could mix and match when I was going to do my Minivan swap a few years ago.