PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever dealt with Ebay "Turbos R us"?

Joe Mopar
04-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Just curious as to this entity's rep, good or bad. I just had an experience that I may be pursuaded to share....

onerippinturbo2
04-01-2011, 10:03 PM
i've used them many times, always had good transactions, till the last one, seems the center housing i bought and paid for was forgotten to be shipped till i emailed them, then they ate 2nd day shipping( had it in 2 days), post up your experience with them, i for 1 would like to hear about it

Joe Mopar
04-02-2011, 12:30 PM
I purchased a five bolt type swingvalve from this outfit via Ebay. My only question was if it is a Chinese item. I was told it was a mix of Chinese and US parts. No statement on where it was made. I bought it figuring I could return it if I didn't like it, or it didn't fit correctly. The ad in general was very vauge; more statements to build up the item rather than to describe it. When I received it, the five bolt pattern didn't match up to the Chrysler turbine housing, but the swingvalve closing area did match up. Long story short, this entity didn't concentrate on making me, the customer happy, but rather pointed out I should try TU, and get a housing from them, and when I asked about a return, he stated that a 20% restocking fee would be taken from the return! At that point I wrote back reminding him that his operations were HIS cost of doing business, not mine, and that the customer, myself, is the one keeping food on his and his family's plates. Needless to say, I was rather upset at this guy, James, and that I would spread the word about his 20% restocking fee here, especially since I feel he pulled it out of his rear end, just to avoid a return, since there was no statement of a 20% restocking fee on the auction. I just wanted to share with this community about my experience with him as a warning to be sure to get the return terms (none were posted on the auction) up front and ask all the questions you possibly can before buying from this guy.

glhs727
04-02-2011, 01:16 PM
when did you buy it? because turbosrus is no longer a registered ebay user, and their last feedback is 2003, at least that is what it shows. What was the return address the item was sent from? ie turborus address? ot shows a georgia address on the ebay account from 2003

"edit" I see the vendor in question is turbos_r_us not turbosrus....

bill2
04-02-2011, 05:20 PM
I bought a new old stock "garrett" turbo from turbos_r_us , and it lasted a week. The turbo was only replaced because I was converting the car to blowthrough and wanted to a fresh unit on there. I removed the junk new unit and put the old turbo back on and drove it thousands of miles without fail before i sold the car.

Joe Mopar
04-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Turbos R Us, San Bernardino, Ca. 92410 is the vendor in question. This was a transaction that happened last week between them and myself. At this point, I am generally just fed up with this experience and feel that since I have warned our community, errors like mine will be reduced.

onerippinturbo2
04-03-2011, 10:35 AM
sorry to hear about your troubles with them. i really only used them for center housings, i thought of using them for other things but was kinda worried about just how good some of their complete turbos were/are. now i know. thanks for posting up about your loses to help the masses.

tryingbe
04-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Turbos R Us sold what was advertised. It's up to the customer to do the research specifically to that customer's needs.

When the correctly advertised part is sold to a customer, but the customer failed to do his part to make sure it would fit before the purchase, I can see why a re-stock fee is charged. The customer used the company's time, advertisement fee, shipping cost, packing cost, and labor for nothing. It's nice that some company does not charge restock fee, but that should NOT be an expectation.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-High-Flow-T3-T4-5-Bolt-TURBO-Flange-Swing-Valve-/110667896406?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c4521656

20% is what? $8, that still doesn't not cover the shipping cost the company have to pay to ship it.

Joe Mopar
04-04-2011, 01:17 PM
This customer is fed up with sellers not understanding what a customer is to them. The ad didn't specify anything concerning returns. The item did not fit, even though the description was what seemed to be the right item! The customer ought to return the item, and only have to pay the return shipping, thus negating any loss by the seller, as both parties have now paid shipping! This customer will never consider nor buy anything from that seller ever again, as there are PLENTY of other sources to buy from, that aren't misleading in their advertising or practices, OR CHARGE A RESTOCKING FEE TO RECOUP OPERATING COSTS, which in this case, can be considered a HIDDEN FEE! Operating costs are the seller's problem, not mine. Lesson learned by me, and hopefully anyone else reading this thread.

turbodaytona87
04-05-2011, 12:44 AM
I agree with tryingbe. The customer, you, should have done some research if you weren't sure. Especially for an aftermarket part. Its pretty well known that Chrysler turbo flanges don't match the standard garret flange on either the exhaust housing inlet, or the wastegate. There have been many threads about it. Did you even bother to ask for dimensions between the bolts? Or did you go assuming the housing would fit?

As for your restocking fee. Best Buy charges one for certain products, as do other stores.

If you were buying wheels for your TM and the add said 5-bolt, would you just assume they fit?

If you're still upset, open a case against them through ebay/paypal and see what they say.

Joe Mopar
04-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Thing is Best Buys has a clear and visible return policy, which makes it legal and doesn't give the impression of suddenly pulling fees out of their bottoms.... BUYER BEWARE. My bad.

Force Fed Mopar
04-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Return policy should be clearly stated in the ad, I agree.

tryingbe
04-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Actually, the return policy is in here. You had to go though here to message the seller when you ask your question.

http://contact.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?FindAnswers&redirect=0&iid=110667896406&requested=turbos_r_us

Returns: We found 1 answer(s)

How do I return an item?
turbos_r_us doesn't accept returns.

Yes, they should include this in the ad. But if you were going to buy something and "try it out", wouldn't it be wise to look at the return info while you're there asking other question?

Joe Mopar
04-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Like I said, buyer beware. I guess I'm too trusting of an individual, which reflects the way I would do business, because CLEARLY stating the return policy UP FRONT (like the aforementioned BEST BUYS) instead of hiding it in the "questions" section of Ebay doesn't change my impression of this seller, nor does it suddenly give me the warm fuzzies. I placed a bid, paid immediately and this is what I got. Never again will I do business with this entity, and I don't think they care becasue with a statement of "over $5 million in inventory" I would think they would be a little kinder to their customers. BUYER BEWARE.

turbodaytona87
04-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Does Best Buy's weekend advert contain their return policy? Or is it mentioned on an item's specific page on their website?

Open video cameras are charged a restocking because they want to stop people from "renting" a camcorder by buying it, then returning it after an event. With that said, here is a camcorder ad:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+HDR-CX130/B+HD+Flash+Memory+Camcorder+-+Black/2155181.p?id=1218312477876&skuId=2155181

Any return policy listed? Or did you have to go find it elsewhere?

Not trying to be an ---, but it is your fault for assuming. You assumed on the flange bolt pattern and got it wrong. Then you assumed on their return policy and got it wrong again.

black86glhs
04-05-2011, 01:21 PM
I agree with Joe on it shouldn't be hidden the way it is. I used to be the same, I was too trusting. While it is a poor way to do bizness, it is not illegal, sadly. Like you said Joe, live and learn. Unfortunately, it looks like the Ford bolt pattern. Damn Fords. lol.

dodgeshadowchik
04-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Ebay turbos. 9 times out of 10 they are chinese garbage and it is to be expected that it won't fit right or fail prematurely.

Joe Mopar
04-05-2011, 03:45 PM
I agree it's my fault for assuming anything with any product online, whether it's Ebay, Turbo Dodge, Turbo Mopar or any online site. Unless I am in person, face to face, and can hold the product in my hands and measure for myself, I have no clue whatsoever, irregardless of the listing. MOST PEOPLE don't take advantage of people online due to not being able to see the product themselves, SOME DO AND DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS OR IF THEY EVER COME BACK! I invite you all to go back and search the negative comments from Turbos_Are_Us, and see for yourself how many "customer can't be pleased" comments were placed by the seller on those negative comments (Another thing I should have done!).

Best Buy's weekend advert? Really; REALLY?! Are you kidding me? Can I buy a swingvalve housing, run it down the 1/4 mile five times and then try to return it? SERIOUSLY, what analogy are you trying to draw?! Also, I can go right into the local Best Buy store and see the stuff for myself; can't do that with Turbos_Are_Us! So, ask, ask, ask, and at the slightest hint of BS, RUN FOREST RUN! I learned my lesson, and every day everyone learns their lessons. I'm not buying anything else from this entity, there's lots of more CREDIBLE sources to get my stuff from, and one of them is FWD Performance, and another is TU, and yet another is Forward Motion! Only fools don't learn from mistakes, and in this economy, shame on those that have resorted to taking advantage of those that are still able to work hard for a living. No unneccessary BS is needed in anyone elses life, and BS that affects people's cash money is MOST DEFINITELY not needed! What happened to customer is king? The customer is always right? Did all the scum ruin it for the good people, or did the scum become Ebay sellers? I hate to think so, but a negative FAR outweighs a positive. I like to think there's not a lot of LIES and DECEPTION with Ebay sellers, but everytime something like this happens....

...and I assumed I could get a refund for something that ULTIMATELY doesn't suit my needs... never again folks; Don't repeat what just happened to me. Otherwise, you may start getting crazy ideas about having that swingvalve brazed to a turbine housing and running an experimental set up just to see if it works!

turbovanmanČ
04-07-2011, 02:26 AM
If I feel the product I am getting might need warranty or a gut feeling, I asked before buying, that way, I have the proof before I buy the item.

1BADVAN
04-07-2011, 03:37 PM
i bought one of those 5 bolt flange / swingvalve things hoping it would fit but pretty much knowing it would be the ford not Chrysler bolt pattern, we have to assume that unless specified it will not fit the Chrysler bolt pattern. I cut the wastegate puck out of a Chrysler swingvalve and then slotted the holes on the part and it worked great for me