PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2004 Chrysler Sebring Sedan

SebringLX
04-01-2011, 10:48 AM
I hate to do it, but with a new baby on the way, I need the money to do work on the house. So it's time to sell the world's 1st, fastest, and only Turbo Sebring Sedan.

The car has 52,000 miles on it. The engine only has about 12,000 miles on it since being rebuilt with SRT-4 internals. The turbo only has about 12,000 miles on it as well. The transmission has less than 1,000 miles on it since being rebuilt last year.

It made several 12.9 @ 110mph passes, and a 12.8 @ 106mph pass, as well as a 321whp pull on a Mustang dyno last year, with a lot of things broken. Everything that was broken last year has been fixed or replaced. There are no major problems left to fix on the car, it's running great. There is however a small slow leak on the transmission. The leak has been there since the trans was repaired last year. It's not a big deal and doesn't affect anything. It left a basketball size spot on my garage floor after 8 months of being parked in the same spot without moving. Not even enough to need to add more fluid.

This year with everything fixed I was hoping to hit an 11.9, there's no reason it shouldn't be capable of it.

The turbo is a Hahn Racecraft Mitsubishi Super 20G, good for around 400whp. It's got a 7-12psi adjustable wastegate arm. I've held 26psi with the electronic boost controller. The intercooler is also made by Hahn Racecraft, and is rated to flow enough air for 600HP.

The fuel system has a Walbro 255lph external pump run in series with the stock Walbro 190lph pump feeding 750cc injectors on a Boomba fuel rail. The rail has a brand new fuel pressure gauge on it. There's a rising rate fuel pressure regulator and a return line as well.

The transmission has a 4000RPM stall torque converter custom made for me by Midwest Converters with less than 1000 miles on it.

The axles have been cryo treated.

There's an MSD DIS2 powering the ignition system, I just wired up the 2-Step on it, so it's ready to race.

There aftermarket stereo system is about 10 years old now, but still works great and sounds great.

I'm also including 26" slicks mounted on 15" Motegi rims, and the spacers required to mount them, as well as a Zex dual bottle Nitrous kit that I never got around to installing on the car.

The stock hood goes with the car, it currently has a rare carbon fiber hood (only about 10-15 were ever made) on it.

The paint could use some touching up. There's absolutely no rust on the car, it's never seen snow or salt. Bought in CA, and stored in the garage every winter after I moved to a state that actually gets snow.

I'm asking $15,000 for the car and everything that goes with it. I will not part anything out.

Turbo224
04-01-2011, 11:56 AM
April fools?

SebringLX
04-01-2011, 08:54 PM
April fools?

*SIGH* yes, APRIL FOOLS!

This didn't work that well here, lol. I did this 2 years in a row on the 2nd Gen Stratus/Sebring Sedan forums, and a TON of people fell for it both years. Sadly that forum is pretty much dead now, so I decided to try it here this year.

Big_P
04-01-2011, 09:37 PM
hahahahahaha. I was sitting here thinking "No! He can't be! Please no!"

Dodge Aries K
04-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Man, I was ready to drive over to your house and cause an uproar! I figured you'd take that car to the grave.

SebringLX
04-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Man, I was ready to drive over to your house and cause an uproar! I figured you'd take that car to the grave.

LOL yeah... it may sit for long periods of time when I don't have time or money to get it running good again, but I don't ever want to get rid of it. :p