PDA

View Full Version : My new exhaust/wastegate setup.

altered7151
07-08-2006, 01:30 AM
Now that my car is finally coming together I'll start posting up some pics as I finish stuff. This is my new exhaust pipe/wastegate setup. Its a ford T3 turbo with a .63 exhaust housing and 60 trim compressor. I used a piece of 3" stainless mandrel bend for the downpipe, and its got a divorced style wastegate setup with a 38mm Tial. The outlet of the wastegate is 1.5" and will just dump out under the k-frame, while the downpipe will hook up with a v-band to a full 3" exhaust (as soon as Chris at TU gets the cat-backs done :thumb: ). Best part of this whole setup is it fit onto the stock manifold (heavily ported), and fits on an l-body with power steering. Let me know what you think!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_1129.JPG

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_1128.JPG

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_1127.JPG

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_1126.JPG

Mario
07-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Looks great. That oughta get the car movin'.

turboaddict
07-08-2006, 01:58 AM
damn tyler thats some snazzy fab work.

bn880
07-08-2006, 02:38 PM
What are you building, some sort of monster?!

:)

Sweet oil lines!

glhs875
07-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Looks good! I like it! :thumb:

altered7151
07-08-2006, 04:35 PM
The motor isn't anything too outrageous, Its an 89 TII, ported head, ported 2-piece with 52mm throttle body, the turbo setup is what I stated before, dual core intercooler with 2.5" tubing, TU 3-bar cal with +40's and a 255 walbro pump. Set up for 18psi on pump gas and 26-27 on 104. I have alot more ideas and theories I want to try out, but those will come later on down the road. I'm just concerned with gettin the car on the road for now, then I'll take it from there.

The S is Silent
07-08-2006, 04:42 PM
What are you doing to allow for a little bit of flex between the turbo and the rest of the exhaust now that you are using a v-band?

It definitely looks good though...I like the v-band. It's going to be a hell of a lot easier to get the exhaust to hook up with that instead of using those damn bolts with springs on them. Those are a PITA...especially with a hybrid turbo and a 3" SV.

It looks good. Is the turbo inlet stock for a ford, or did you add that?

8valves
07-08-2006, 05:06 PM
What are you doing to allow for a little bit of flex between the turbo and the rest of the exhaust now that you are using a v-band?

It definitely looks good though...I like the v-band. It's going to be a hell of a lot easier to get the exhaust to hook up with that instead of using those damn bolts with springs on them. Those are a PITA...especially with a hybrid turbo and a 3" SV.

It looks good. Is the turbo inlet stock for a ford, or did you add that?

He should add a small section of flex somewhere along the downpipe. As long as he has some good mounts it shouldn't be a problem then. My v-band is right on the turbine discharge and I've never had an issue with a small 6" long flex area just after the exhaust passes the K frame.

External dumps are sweet! I'll try to link some video of my car with it open. :nod:

AM

altered7151
07-08-2006, 08:08 PM
He should add a small section of flex somewhere along the downpipe. As long as he has some good mounts it shouldn't be a problem then. My v-band is right on the turbine discharge and I've never had an issue with a small 6" long flex area just after the exhaust passes the K frame.

External dumps are sweet! I'll try to link some video of my car with it open. :nod:

AM

Yeah I have a 6" long stainless flex section. I need to add about a 30* angle to get the downpipe in the center of the tunnel then the flex section will get installed. Although there shouldn't be much movement with the solid poly front mount and solid bobble strut.

Please post up the video, I'd love to hear what one of these motors sounds like with the external dump! That'll definitally give me some more motivation to get this thing done.

omnivore
07-15-2006, 05:06 PM
very cool setup.!

8valves
07-16-2006, 01:29 AM
I have a couple of vids, but it's not super clear hearing the dump... you kind of hear everything, so it's not the best for it. I'm working on getting it uploaded, hopefully soon.

AM